Fandom collections

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could  go ON AND ON AND ON about my dream-list, so I think I will :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

FIRST:

Portal and Half-Life. Oh, I would do anything for this.  AND NOT JUST ORANGE AND BLUE FOR PORTAL! 

THE LAST OF US! THE LAST OF US! I never thought a video game's story could change my life...

Star Trek: TNG. I can just imagine a color based on Wesley's sweater...

Battlestar Galactica: Just, I can't believe it hasn't been done when there are (rightfully!) Firefly collections.

Also, a "Classic Sci Fi" collection: Colors based on Dune, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Philip K. Dick stories/Blade Runner, Solaris, Isaac Asimov stories, etc. TERMINATOR could be amazing as well! X-Files! 

Also horror/sci-fi like The Thing and, especially, AN ALIENS/PROMETHEUS collection *fans self* NM would do this so well

I'd also love collections for these shows:

BRYAN FULLER AND NOT JUST HANNIBAL! You could do SO MUCH with a Pushing Daisies and Wonderfalls theme, because those shows were sooo colorful. And Dead Like Me would be such an awesome one for Geek Chic to do.

Twin Peaks (I know there are some, but i want a boxed set)

The Office (I stopped watching this show after the fourth season, but we all know this should happen)

SOA (I'm not even a fan, but I'm surprised more companies haven't done one for this show)

IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY!

Sex and The City! The Sopranos! Six Feet Under!

~Scandal~ because come on, fun. 

Sleepy Hollow (I think this has been done?) Any form could do...

Books/GN/comics:

Murakami ANYTHING.

The Passage trilogy

Good Omens (does that exist?)

Hellblazer 

I don't think my other favorite novels would really work for this format, though

A FREAKIN' CLOCKWORK ORANGE! Novel or movie, this HAS TO HAPPEN!

Other movies:

Annie Hall

Rosemary's Baby (come on, NM!)

Love, Actually and Home Alone as Christmas Collections.

American Psycho could be so much fun. Also Fight Club, and again, I think I'm the one person who has serious issues with both the novel and movie...

Some classic Godard, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Scorsese movies. Other Hollywood classics.

OTHER:

The ultimate music collection. Not just genres like "post-rock" and "hardcore" and "indie," but sub-sub genres like "chillwave" "witchgaze" "conscious/backpack hip-hop" but I know this would be impossible...

Can someone tell me why we don't already have huge Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Grimm/fairytale (originals), Wizard of Oz, and WICKED collections? DO we?? WHERE IS SEINFELD?? The Twilight Zone?? THE GOLDEN GIRLS! THE WONDER YEARS! SAVED BY THE BELL! 90210! 

Has anyone done Breaking Bad? Downton Abbey? Madmen? I'm sure they have...

VERONICA MARS, ADVENTURE TIME, FREAKS AND GEEKS (the latter does have a small collection, but I was disappointed in the colors :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and pigmentation :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Phew. that felt good to get off my chest. If you read all of this, thank you for listening to my ranting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm also sure some of these have been made and I missed them, or in the case of Portal, just thought they deserve more :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I could go ON AND ON AND ON about my dream-list, so I think I will :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

FIRST:

Portal and Half-Life. Oh, I would do anything for this. AND NOT JUST ORANGE AND BLUE FOR PORTAL!

THE LAST OF US! THE LAST OF US! I never thought a video game's story could change my life...

Star Trek: TNG. I can just imagine a color based on Wesley's sweater...

Battlestar Galactica: Just, I can't believe it hasn't been done when there are (rightfully!) Firefly collections.

Also, a "Classic Sci Fi" collection: Colors based on Dune, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Philip K. Dick stories/Blade Runner, Solaris, Isaac Asimov stories, etc. TERMINATOR could be amazing as well! X-Files!

Also horror/sci-fi like The Thing and, especially, AN ALIENS/PROMETHEUS collection *fans self* NM would do this so well

I'd also love collections for these shows:

BRYAN FULLER AND NOT JUST HANNIBAL! You could do SO MUCH with a Pushing Daisies and Wonderfalls theme, because those shows were sooo colorful. And Dead Like Me would be such an awesome one for Geek Chic to do.

Twin Peaks (I know there are some, but i want a boxed set)

The Office (I stopped watching this show after the fourth season, but we all know this should happen)

SOA (I'm not even a fan, but I'm surprised more companies haven't done one for this show)

IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY!

Sex and The City! The Sopranos! Six Feet Under!

~Scandal~ because come on, fun.

Sleepy Hollow (I think this has been done?) Any form could do...

Books/GN/comics:

Murakami ANYTHING.

The Passage trilogy

Good Omens (does that exist?)

Hellblazer

I don't think my other favorite novels would really work for this format, though

A FREAKIN' CLOCKWORK ORANGE! Novel or movie, this HAS TO HAPPEN!

Other movies:

Annie Hall

Rosemary's Baby (come on, NM!)

Love, Actually and Home Alone as Christmas Collections.

American Psycho could be so much fun. Also Fight Club, and again, I think I'm the one person who has serious issues with both the novel and movie...

Some classic Godard, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Scorsese movies. Other Hollywood classics.

OTHER:

The ultimate music collection. Not just genres like "post-rock" and "hardcore" and "indie," but sub-sub genres like "chillwave" "witchgaze" "conscious/backpack hip-hop" but I know this would be impossible...

Can someone tell me why we don't already have huge Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Grimm/fairytale (originals), Wizard of Oz, and WICKED collections? DO we?? WHERE IS SEINFELD?? The Twilight Zone?? THE GOLDEN GIRLS! THE WONDER YEARS! SAVED BY THE BELL! 90210!

Has anyone done Breaking Bad? Downton Abbey? Madmen? I'm sure they have...

VERONICA MARS, ADVENTURE TIME, FREAKS AND GEEKS (the latter does have a small collection, but I was disappointed in the colors :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and pigmentation :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Phew. that felt good to get off my chest. If you read all of this, thank you for listening to my ranting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm also sure some of these have been made and I missed them, or in the case of Portal, just thought they deserve more :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Femme Fatale has an amazing adventure time collection. And it's huge! I think 21 shadows and 3 blushes. I ended up buying all the shadows and I feel was worth the high shipping from Austrailia. I've been meaning to start a Femme Fatale thread! But rarely ever go on here on an actual computer!

I also agree with a TON of your ideas too many to repeat lol

Femme Fatale has an amazing adventure time collection. And it's huge! I think 21 shadows and 3 blushes. I ended up buying all the shadows and I feel was worth the high shipping from Austrailia. I've been meaning to start a Femme Fatale thread! But rarely ever go on here on an actual computer!

I also agree with a TON of your ideas too many to repeat lol
Woot! i tend not to look at FF much because of the shipping charges :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I may have to go for this...

I just thought of one I'd freak over: MY SO-CALLED LIFE!

Also, a collection based on movies from the Brat-Pack era would be so wonderful, as would the wonderful songs used in those movies (I could also see this being done for, say High Fidelity and its Top Five lists and Almost Famous) as would collections based on songs by classic bands like RS, Beatles, The Who, and any/every artist on Chess Records.

Who does Neil Gaiman? I know someone has to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just thought of one I'd freak over: MY SO-CALLED LIFE!

Also, a collection based on movies from the Brat-Pack era would be so wonderful, as would the wonderful songs used in those movies (I could also see this being done for, say High Fidelity and its Top Five lists and Almost Famous) as would collections based on songs by classic bands like RS, Beatles, The Who, and any/every artist on Chess Records.

Who does Neil Gaiman? I know someone has to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think the first VC I was subbed for was a Neil Gaiman theme but I'd die for a collection. I can imagine collections based on Stardust (golds and blues and purples and silvers and RUBY) or Neverwhere (Grungy grays and dingy browns with maybe a green thrown in) or Anansi Boys (so bright) and just... *sigh*

Did the Corvus Cosmetics' Futurama inspired collection get added to the list? https://www.etsy.com/shop/corvuscosmetics
Even though I'm on a low-buy, when I heard of this collection I had to order it right away. I don't consider it breaking my low buy because it's unique (to me) lol and my love for Futurama is so strong!!! It's supposed to be delivered to my house tomorrow and I'm so hype for it. I will love these shadows until they're all used up!

The Golden Girls I'd die for. 

A Nightmare on Elm street.

The Vampire Diaries

Marvel's Avengers

Charmed

Boy meets world.

Woot! i tend not to look at FF much because of the shipping charges :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I may have to go for this...
The shipping is a sad face lol. But the lowest option isn't TOO bad. I can't help but look at the pictures and go oh I want and make an order. I do spread those orders out though and plan them out pretty throughly.

Also, on a serious note, I would like to see colors as tributes to people that we lost that would go to their favorite charities, Like a color celebrating Diem Brown's strength, proceeds going to MedGift. Or one called "O Captain My Captain," celebrating Robin Williams. But I could see the challenges of doing it every year and choosing who you would honor.

Seriously, I have seen every episode of Gilmore Girls enough to recite them. I would give my firstborn for a Gilmore Girls collection.

Think of all the fun color potential! OMG. SOMEONE, MAKE IT SO

Bright purple for Lane's 1 hour dyed hair! Something very somber and serious for Mrs. Kim. Mega glitter for Miss Patty! A crazy duochrome for Kirk. PLEASE UNIVERSE!

Gilmore Girls is one of those tv shows I need to have a binge fest on and rewatch from start to finish so I can appreciate it all over again.

Back