Fandom collections

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've been visiting home for the past few weeks and my 9 year old brother is currently obsessed with Rurgats and I've been rewatching them all with him. This has me thinking - RUGRATS THEMED COLLECTION. It such a distinctly colorful cartoon in so far as I have predominant colors and quotes I associate with each character - it would be perfect (mostly thinking about Charlotte Pickles and her girl power quotes here  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ).

From Hello Waffle:

10374494_1533555950257251_8735004453484590645_n.png

omg, this has got to be some sort of fandom collection...right? Any guesses?

My first impression is definitely Arthur from Inception because I have such a huge bias for Inception and the dark hair + eyes + suit + guns matches. 

tumblr_loerk7vqoy1qa3j7jo1_500.jpg

please be Inception. Let me give you all my money

Gah. My brain goes immediately to John Woo in general and Chow Yun-Fat circa 1991 in particular! This is also a TAKE MY MONEY NAO situation for me. (And I guess my Hello Waffle birthday order won't be the Alternate Universe collection after all!)

images.jpg

Pretty sure the Hello Waffle collection is Archer!
I think she sort-of confirmed it on IMAM!

I really just want a collection based on The Office. I'll buy it all!

ETA: And YES, Dead Like Me! And Weeds. And Six Feet Under. 
YES YES YES.  But right now I am craving Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars!! VMARS HAS TO HAPPEN. IF YOU HAVE NEVER WATCHED THAT SHOW, WATCH IT. 

Also, Aromaleigh is officially doing a BLADE RUNNER collection!! I NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN AND I AM SO EXCITED. Now all my science fiction heart needs is 2001, Battlestar Galactica and Solaris. And TNG. And A Clockwork Orange. And Portal. And Half-Life. And The Last of Us. That's it, though. And Aliens. And The Fifth Element. But that's it, really. Other than everything else science fiction.

BUT STILL, SO EXCITE. I think I might be a minority in this one, but yay

OMG TRIPLE POST BUT YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE AMAZING?

GET READY FOR IT...

THE SANDLOT!! The names ALONE would make that collection amazing!

The Great Hambino

For-EV-ER

You're Killing Me, Smalls!

Wendy Peffercorn/ This Magic Moment

The Beast

How Can I Have Some More of Nothing?

Baby Ruth/ "YOU MEAN THAT'S THE SAME GUY!?!

Your First Crush- dedicated to Benjamin Franklin "The Jet" Rodriguez (I know he was my first crush, even before JTT or Devon Sawa!)

and on it goes!

....seriously? An archer collection? Seriously?.....ugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Effin' no buy! Good grief. Good thing I never followed rules very well. I will own that collection. That's all.

Also: I am coming in from another thread to *whispers softly* Addams family, hehe *runs away*

Ok I just caught up in this thread! I NEED a Sex and the City collection. I LURVEEEE me some Sex and the City!

Also I want a Dark Souls collection. Ohh! And American Horror Story, and yea I'll probably think of more, but wine. Yea.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I wouldn't do for an American Horror Story collection! I also think it would be perfect for companies like i+ta or NM, or really any other darker indie company. 

I am so on board with Rugrats.  Angelica is my spirit animal.  Also American Horror Story! Each season has such a distinct tone and color palette it is demanding to be made into beautiful collections. And Weeds...I would buy on principle because I love that show/MLP so much. I demand a color called "B*tch A** White Boy." 

Personally I would be all over collections for Artemis Fowl or the Kingkiller Chronicles...but those fan bases aren't huge or female driven at all. Mortal Instruments could probably get more support and be along the same lines. 

Also I'm a huge nerd for musicals and theatre so I'd throw my money at that too.

I needed this thread like a hole in the head.

What I wish I could find (and my wallet is glad I can't) is a Pride and Prejudice or Jane Austen collection of some kind.  I'd pretty much buy it all no matter how ugly it was.

I would buy on principle because I love that show/MLP so much.
I need a vacation.  Or something.  I interpreted that as "My Little Pony," and then I realized that you were talking about _Weeds_ -- and then I thought "Oh, of course, Melissa Harris-Perry."  WHICH MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.  IS THAT MIDDLE INITIAL AN H?  NO.  NO, IT IS NOT.  MHP IS A PROFESSOR AND POLITICAL COMMENTATOR, NOT AN ACTRESS.  Ahem.  (She was also born in Seattle.  I did not know this.  She is also younger than me.  I did not know this, either.  I now feel like a complete failure.)

Back