FOTD SPECIAL! - November 17th, 2007

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woooo @ all the FOTDs!
biggrin.gif

Looking good ladies.

Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif Eyes:Sweet Pleasures Palette by L.A Colors (I got this from the Dollar Store!!)

CG Professional Mascara

Lips: Lipsmackers Lipgloss

I can't believe you only paid a dollar for that. So pretty.

Wow everyone looks great! I was in a bad mood today so I didn't get to do any special makeup for the special FOTD, but I thought I'd contribute anyways!

Used EM back to school blush, NYX iced mocha shadow, maybelline shiny-licious carmella gloss

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Totally bored so i did it with two different lip colors, this is MAC Viva Glam V

I love Viva glam V and It looks lovely on you Aprill!

Me neither Kelly! First time i've seen/heard of L.A Colors was on Cherry..Then this new Dollar Store opens up and they have 2 different colored palettes..and NOW they have even more new colors and bigger palettes with about 15 colors. I'm gonna go back and buy them tomorrow.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lglala84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry girls same boring makeup here, I know I need to spice up my makeup. But I am broke and I refuse to buy anymore d/s makeup. I want me some MAC!
So my natural look again, but hey I got highlights!
smile.gif

Lala, Boring is a great look for you
laughing.gif
. You always look beautiful.

And.......everyone else. I'm getting to you, OK? This is a long, but fantastic thread and I've been gone since 630a.m. so I have 8 pages of posts to catch up on.

Hey Monnie! Welcome! Glad you could squeak yours in just now. It's fantastic! I love how you put it as your avatar too, those rock-a-billy bangs do look flattering on you. I remember back in the day when I used to use home relaxing kits, they would always include a shade of Poisner lipstick. BTW, are you sure you're in your fifties??? Cuz if fifty-something looks that good, I guess I have something to look forward to.
biggrin.gif

Hey Lauren! Even though your makeup is not *special*, I still think you look nice. That's cool that you took the time to post what you got. Every added FOTD simply encourages more to join in. You used a nice chocolatey e/s today!

KellyB ditto, here. There are so many ladies, I've just about given up on individual props, sorry!
biggrin.gif
But everyone looks smokin'!

So, look, I promised a FOTD and an FOTD I will deliver
smile.gif
Nothing special, but i did get to try out soem new products that I hadn't been able to use since I'd gotten sick after coming back from DH and mine's trip to Myrtle Beach.

The new stuff was: Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo in Mocha Berry; MAC blush in Fleurry; Avon Glazewear lipstick in Beach Plum (works great by the way!). I think my contouring was pretty good today, too, because this was one of the few days I actually look like I have CHEEKBONES and *one* chin
biggrin.gif
, two facial features which are rare these days, hehe
smile.gif

Full face:

43615-fotd11.17.07.jpg

Lips!:

43615-fotd11.17.07lips.jpg

Thanks for letting me play!
biggrin.gif

Utmostrose, WELCOME! Glad you could swing by, you look gorgeous! I like how confident you are to rock a full brow, it's very well groomed and adds instant character to your face. I LOVE that lipcolor, it really suits your complexion. I have something similar to it, and I wear it all the time.

Okay people, so far here are some quick stats:

The previous most participated thread: February 7, 2006

2/7/06 Replies: 313

2/7/06 Views: 4016

2/7/06 Unique Posters: 41

2/7/06 Photo Entries: 14

Todays Stats, 11/17/07

Replies: 109 and counting...

Views: 1090 and counting...

Unique Posters: 56 and counting...

Photo Entries: 28 and counting...

Originally Posted by laur_8706 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks Nox! Glad I could join in! Oh absolutely. Anytime!

WOW!!! everyone looks so amazing!!! Great idea to make this a "special" fotd!

Here's mine

smile.gif

22726-fotd1.JPG

22726-fotd3.JPG

22726-fotd2.JPG

Great FOTDs everyone!!

Originally Posted by MissPout /img/forum/go_quote.gif Pretty jlowe86!Nice jdepp_84

So pretty puncturedskirt i love the colors!

Pretty Aprill i love the NYX Ruby color!

Eempericalbeauty you are so cute
biggrin.gif
love your e/s!

Pretty angellove the silver is awesome

Very Pretty Leony

Very Pretty earthtonez i love the colors!

Pretty lglala84

Pretty yourleoqueen

Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif jlowe - very pretty! your skin looks gorgeous
jpdepp - it looks really good to me! It doesn't look faded, it looks more like those subtle smokey eyes.
smile.gif

puncturedskirt - the purple and pink looks really good on you! I love your lip color too.

Aprill - you look lovely! I love both lip colors on you, but I really like Ruby! Your hair cut is very cute.

nox - I think you look great already!

emperical beauty - you look so naturally pretty and fresh. I especially love the second to last picture.

angellove - your skin is flawless! You look adorable.

Leony - I love the hair! And the lip color! You look wonderful.

earthtonez - even though the camera didn't pick up how vibrant the colors really are, I think you look pretty!

lglala84 - nothing wrong with natural makeup! especially when you can look so nice it in.
smile.gif
I like how there are three of you in the first pic.
smile.gif

yourleoqueen - you are beautiful! your makeup looks so perfect to me. It doesn't sound or look like a lot at all.

benebaby - I agree with stereoxgirl, everyone is welcome to post a FOTD!
biggrin.gif
Hope to see one from you today!

I hope I did not accidentally skip over someone!

Thank you for the comments girls!

Liz- what gloss is that?

Im late but i made it lol

Kinda boring but I didn't have alot of time to do any shadow.

Milani mineral makeup

maybelline purestay powder

L'oreal liner intense carbon black

L'oreal telescopic mascara

Karma lip liner..light pink color

Burts bees balm

11-17-072.jpg

Hey Liz! I like that icy plum/lavendar e/s, it makes your brown eyes go KAPOW! Very eye catching. BTW, what shade is that on your lips?

La Italiana, I like the wing-tipped eyes, very feminine. How do you like the Telescopic mascara? I hear mixed reviews on it, but I've been very curious to try it out.

Okay here's my last FOTD today, I'm gonna call this one "Washed Out".

Again, I'm still battling the case of the hives, so I can only post an eye and my lips. I just hate the way it came out in the photos. Since it was night time, and since my actual camera does not photograph well in artificial light, I had to use my cell phone. You'll notice that EVERYTHING is washed out, and the colors are pulling WAAAAY to cool. The eyeshadow combo is supposed to be more firey than that. Grr. Oh well. Whatever. .:Exasperation:.

111707_20452.jpg
111707_20351.jpg

in many countries this should be the FOTD for 11/18!!! and even here this should be the day old makeup FOTN. but i said i would, and now you know why i don't

i tried and tried and tried to take a picture of myself but my phone camera looked all weird and this camera couldnt do a good closeup, plus my bathroom light is all yellow looking, all in all it's a big fuzzy uggghhh of bad makeup done in ONE MINUTE. that was the time i had, as my friends were at the door and i was in the bathroom, well going to the bathroom. and this was the makeup that happened to be on the counter. not that you can tell at all- this pic is so blurry

• Ulta Mink on eyelids
  • Laura Mercier Brown Velvet blended to brow
  • HIP Eggplant cream eyeliner
  • Dior Addict 781 lipgloss
thats it. no foundation, powder, mascara, nothing... life with a baby and errands to run. just got home, and had a tinge of guilt because i said i would...
But i promised.

Picture001.jpg

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif La Italiana, I like the wing-tipped eyes, very feminine. How do you like the Telescopic mascara? I hear mixed reviews on it, but I've been very curious to try Thanks. Telescopic lengthens decently but there isn't much volume unless you put effort into the base of the lash. Keeps curl well too & can look kinda natural or a bit dramatic depending on how many coats. It doesn't clump that bad but I also use a lash comb so that helps alot. voluminous is the better choice for a dramatic look but so messy!

Back