GlitterDaze Nail Polish Subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try sitting the bottle upside down ab 10 minutes before you use it. This helps those big pieces to migrate to the top! I had to dig around to find them, but it wasn't too bad. I've had it on my toes for a week & it still looks lovely.
The formula seems to be good, doesn't it? It wore like iron on my nails.

The formula seems to be good, doesn't it? It wore like iron on my nails.
Yes! I even got in the pool & it stayed on. I don't think I'll be able to get it off of my toes! Going to have to break out the foil.

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's 3 coats of Summer Garden. There's definitely no flower or butterfly glitter and I dug around in the bottle trying to find them.
That's so weird - mine is loaded w/ flowers. Did you mark that you didn't want shaped glitter? 

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's so weird - mine is loaded w/ flowers. Did you mark that you didn't want shaped glitter? 
I though about that and I think I said no shaped glitters.  If she left it out because of that, then I am really impressed! I actually like it better without the shaped glitters but I was really anxious to see them on someone else.

I really like the polish and its wearing nicely.  I did dishes yesterday and weeded the garden and my nails are fine.  I cant wait to try this color over a different base color too.  I didn't think it was going to be this hard to decide between GlitterDaze and Glitter Guilty, but I'll be keeping them both for awhile.

Here's 3 coats of Summer Garden. There's definitely no flower or butterfly glitter and I dug around in the bottle trying to find them.
That's a valid point. Maybe that's why I don't see any in mine? I love shaped glitters, but they don't lie flat on my nails, so I'm not sure what I said on the preferences survey. I'm happy with the polish regardless.

I received an e-mail from Sana today based on my blog review. In part, she said: "Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! I'm so happy you're enjoying your subscription! Also just want to make a little clarification about the shaped glitter- we actually did two versions of this polish. one with shapes and one without. On your preferences questionnaire, I believe you marked that you did not like shaped glitter- which is why your bottle didn't have any. If you'd like, I can send along some loose shape glitters with your next box!" So nice of her to reach out!

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received an e-mail from Sana today based on my blog review. In part, she said: "Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! I'm so happy you're enjoying your subscription! Also just want to make a little clarification about the shaped glitter- we actually did two versions of this polish. one with shapes and one without. On your preferences questionnaire, I believe you marked that you did not like shaped glitter- which is why your bottle didn't have any. If you'd like, I can send along some loose shape glitters with your next box!"

So nice of her to reach out!
that is AWESOME! I answered I don't like the shaped glitter and was wondering if they got a different polish this month (my box was shipped before I was able to answer the survey), but I hadn't seen any.. I also answered I don't like white base though, so I wonder if that would have been a tough luck thing? or would she have tinted the base a color? I'm looking forward to the next box, since it'll actually be customized for me!

I am doing my nails now with Summer Garden and mine is loaded with big chunky glitter...I love it!! I wasn't sure about the white base at first but after the second coat, mine has a slightly pinky tint to it and it looks great. I am super happy with this sub!!

Got my shipping notice here too!  I dont know what to expect, but I'm excited!

me too! this will be my first custom pick, since i hadn't gotten to fill out the questionnaire before shipping last month

Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do y'all think about the changes? I think I'll be changing to glitter guilty.
I'm bummed about it.  I won't stay now because I'm not interested in the extra gift (I'm assuming that was the glitter accessory or could also include the nail care items?) and for $14 I would rather just choose my own indie polish.  I will definitely stay with Glitter Guilty as long as they keep their current pricing module because it's a good value for what you get and for me she has nailed it with the colors and treats.

Not feeling the changes. I currently have mega daze which is $22. Now it's going to be more $1.95 more?  $22 is a splurge but I really like getting a mini every month (love minis!) plus a full size. I'm not willing to pay more. I tried Glitter Guilty & hated it though. She sent me colors on my hate list. I was really surprised since everyone else seems to love it.

I thought about changing it to the lower level but like Lolo I would rather pick my own indie polish for $14 a month. 

I just went on her website & added 1 full size and 1 mini to my cart. With shipping, it comes to $17.12. So why would I pay $23.95 for the same thing? You do get a extra gift but I know it's not worth $6.83 more. Sure, they donate to charity but I also donate to charity. This whole thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Originally Posted by Pollysmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What changes? I haven't gotten my box yet, today I think...did I miss something?
Here is the Email I received from Sana:

We are writing to notify you of some upcoming changes in our Daze of the Month Subscription service. Moving forward, we have decided to change our Daze levels and pricing, which will be effective immediately. Of course, since you had subscribed prior to these changes, we will honor your subscription, however, we are also giving you the opportunity to change your subscription should you wish to. If you chose to change your subscription but you have already paid for September’s box, we will refund you the full amount. Spaces are limited, and you are being offered the first opportunity to sign up.

If you’d like to change subscriptions, here is what you need to do:

- Reply to this email, letting us know that you’d like to switch. We will then cancel your old subscription and refund you for September (if you have already been charged).

- Sign up for the new subscription with this link http://glitterdazenp.com/exclusive-subscription-box.

Here are the details about the pricing changes:

What you get:

- One full sized LE polish: This will be a Limited Edition polish, created specifically for each months box. There will be 100 or less bottles created and sold and will be available to subscribers first.

- One mini polish: This will be either a custom polish for each months box, OR a polish currently available in our shop. If you have purchased from us before, we will make sure you don’t receive a polish you have purchased.

- Extra gift: This could be any of the following: edibles, hand care items, glitter accessories, nail art supplies, anything!!

- Charitable donation: A set amount from the box of your choice will go towards a charitable donation. Every three months, we will pick a different charity for these donations. Donations will be made at the end of the three month period, and the receipt will be posted to our facebook/blog/instagram. All donations collected from September-November will be used to purchase toys that will be donated to Toys for Tots!

- Shipping: the cost of shipping is included in the price of the box each month.

Super Daze: One full sized LE polish, shipping:  $13.95/month

Mega Daze: One full sized LE polish, one mini polish, extra gift, $3 charitable donation, shipping. $23.95/month

Thank you for your subscription and support!

Sana

Originally Posted by Pollysmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What changes? I haven't gotten my box yet, today I think...did I miss something?
This was emailed to me

Dear Angela,We are writing to notify you of some upcoming changes in our Daze of the Month Subscription service. Moving forward, we have decided to change our Daze levels and pricing, which will be effective immediately. Of course, since you had subscribed prior to these changes, we will honor your subscription, however, we are also giving you the opportunity to change your subscription should you wish to. If you chose to change your subscription but you have already paid for September’s box, we will refund you the full amount. Spaces are limited, and you are being offered the first opportunity to sign up.If you’d like to change subscriptions, here is what you need to do:- Reply to this email, letting us know that you’d like to switch. We will then cancel your old subscription and refund you for September (if you have already been charged).- Sign up for the new subscription with this link http://glitterdazenp.com/exclusive-subscription-box.Here are the details about the pricing changes:What you get:- One full sized LE polish: This will be a Limited Edition polish, created specifically for each months box. There will be 100 or less bottles created and sold and will be available to subscribers first.- One mini polish: This will be either a custom polish for each months box, OR a polish currently available in our shop. If you have purchased from us before, we will make sure you don’t receive a polish you have purchased.- Extra gift: This could be any of the following: edibles, hand care items, glitter accessories, nail art supplies, anything!!- Charitable donation: A set amount from the box of your choice will go towards a charitable donation. Every three months, we will pick a different charity for these donations. Donations will be made at the end of the three month period, and the receipt will be posted to our facebook/blog/instagram. All donations collected from September-November will be used to purchase toys that will be donated to Toys for Tots!- Shipping: the cost of shipping is included in the price of the box each month.Super Daze: One full sized LE polish, shipping:  $13.95/monthMega Daze: One full sized LE polish, one mini polish, extra gift, $3 charitable donation, shipping. $23.95/monthThank you for your subscription and support!Sana

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just went on her website & added 1 full size and 1 mini to my cart. With shipping, it comes to $17.12. So why would I pay $23.95 for the same thing? You do get a extra gift but I know it's not worth $6.83 more. Sure, they donate to charity but I also donate to charity. This whole thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
frown.gif
That's lame.  The sub was only started 3 months ago, right (June was the first month I think?)? Doesn't seem like a good sign that the pricing tiers have already changed and that everyone was sent the same polish last month.  I liked that polish but also was a bit bummed everyone got the same one. 

My box is out for delivery, so I hopefully this month is good.

Back