Glossybox Bergdorf Goodman Gift Card Hauls

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got all the coupon codes to go through just fine, but has anyone had trouble with finalizing their order on the NM site?  It's just sitting there, grayed out.....

Ok, well I switched browsers and got it to work.  Never mind!  Here it is, with the 10% Discount and free gift wrap codes.  I had three gift cards (should have gotten 4!!).  So this cost me $34.75  Let's see if I got the photos to work......

Screen shot 2014-06-10 at 4.40.30 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-06-10 at 4.40.39 PM.png

For those who got the Meteorites, can you tell me how much settling happened in your tin? I feel like there is a lot settled in mine,   a few broken pearls. My hubby thinks I am exaggerating, that this should be expected. I feel like I expected perfection for $60. Am I unreasonable? Thanks...

For those who got the Meteorites, can you tell me how much settling happened in your tin? I feel like there is a lot settled in mine,   a few broken pearls. My hubby thinks I am exaggerating, that this should be expected. I feel like I expected perfection for $60. Am I unreasonable? Thanks...
I really didn't think I had excessive settling and I didn't have any broken pearls.  I took a couple of photos of the deluxe sample I just got from Sephora and the tin I just got from Neiman Marcus.

HaF6xYk.png

fjMcTiD.png

I gently transferred the ones in the tin to the black box in the second photo - the box was totally black before I put them inside, so all of the powder traces you see were from the Meteorites.  And you can see the small amount of powder residue left in the tin.  At least based on the set I had in the late 90s, the amount of powder there isn't excessive to me.  If yours is worse, I would definitely complain - especially since you have broken pearls!

Sorry that happened to you!

I really didn't think I had excessive settling and I didn't have any broken pearls. I took a couple of photos of the deluxe sample I just got from Sephora and the tin I just got from Neiman Marcus.

HaF6xYk.png

fjMcTiD.png

I gently transferred the ones in the tin to the black box in the second photo - the box was totally black before I put them inside, so all of the powder traces you see were from the Meteorites. And you can see the small amount of powder residue left in the tin. At least based on the set I had in the late 90s, the amount of powder there isn't excessive to me. If yours is worse, I would definitely complain - especially since you have broken pearls!

Sorry that happened to you!
Yes. I definitely had more settling and broken pearls than this. I guess I will contact neimans!

I should register with another email address.  I have a list of things that I want to try but not enough money, even with $175 in GC.  Ugh! I want to try a few Hourglass products, the ambient light powder, the blush, then there is the meteorites and the brush and then I want the NARS make up stick, 2 different kinds. The longer I wait the more I want to get and then I may want to get something for my Swap Buddy. :blink:   I wish the 10% off code had worked for me on Sat.  Then all my decisions would have been made!  LOL ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Such problems, huh? 

I am so happy to have gotten these gift cards but I can say without a doubt I will never order from Bergdorf Goodman again. They are so disorganized, the shipping is terrible, my experience with the customer service reps are 50/50. One was great the other was terrible. Neiman's is another story. They are owned by the same company but my experiences could not be more opposite. I got my NM order in 2 days and it was CORRECT. It took a while to get my BG order, it was wrong when I finally got it. Now the return process is taking forever. Not pleased with BG but yay for NM!!!! 

I am so happy to have gotten these gift cards but I can say without a doubt I will never order from Bergdorf Goodman again. They are so disorganized, the shipping is terrible, my experience with the customer service reps are 50/50. One was great the other was terrible. Neiman's is another story. They are owned by the same company but my experiences could not be more opposite. I got my NM order in 2 days and it was CORRECT. It took a while to get my BG order, it was wrong when I finally got it. Now the return process is taking forever. Not pleased with BG but yay for NM!!!! 
I couldn't agree with you more!  I placed one large order at NM...no problems at all...fast shipping & couldn't be happier. 

I placed two orders from BG...the first one was cancelled due to insufficient stock.  I'm still trying to get that one straightened out, because they told me last week that a note on my account said that the full amount of my order ($57) would be put back on my CC, even though $50 of it was from gift cards...that still hasn't happened!!! 

My 2nd BG order (Hourglass Ambient Lighting blush) took 2 weeks just to ship from a store in NY and I'm still waiting for it...I just pray it's the color I actually ordered.

Guess I'll be calling BG again tonight to find out what happened to my $50 credit for the cancelled order!

I didn't have any problems with bg, but I did prefer to shop nm. They have more of the brands I use and they also had gwp's, which lets face it we love. They do allow stackable codes as well. 

I wish I could make my purchase, just heard that apparently my actually subscription box is not arriving because they sold out. I paid for it a month ago. My 4 gift boxes have tracking numbers but haven't updated and I suspect they haven't really sent these either. I'm demanding a refund and a gift card because that's really all I wanted. And if my gift boxes did actually ship I'm disputing the charges because at this point it's ridiculously late.

I'm trying to make my purchase on Neiman Marcus and it will not go through. I've talked to 2 different live chat reps and they're both telling me that the Gift Card can only be used on Bergdorf Goodman and not Neiman Marcus. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm getting pretty annoyed.

I'm trying to make my purchase on Neiman Marcus and it will not go through. I've talked to 2 different live chat reps and they're both telling me that the Gift Card can only be used on Bergdorf Goodman and not Neiman Marcus. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm getting pretty annoyed.
That is annoying! I just made my purchase last night & didn't have that problem - BUT the CS reps told me that the gift cards couldn't be used there when I was having another problem. However, at least in my case, they were wrong. 

I got two NARS blushes, for anyone who is interested - Mata Hari and Desire. I've never owned anything from NARS before so I hope I chose well!

I wish I could make my purchase, just heard that apparently my actually subscription box is not arriving because they sold out. I paid for it a month ago. My 4 gift boxes have tracking numbers but haven't updated and I suspect they haven't really sent these either. I'm demanding a refund and a gift card because that's really all I wanted. And if my gift boxes did actually ship I'm disputing the charges because at this point it's ridiculously late.
have not read whole thread BUT my box arrived later than others and the expiration date on GC was july 15th - HTH

I decided to buy a Clarisonic with my gift cards and the 10% off and using ebates.  I also go the tote promotion and added the gift bag option.  

I should have bought more glossy boxes to get more gift cards.

I just placed my order at the Nieman Marcus website and was able to use the two $25 gift cards without trouble.

Latest posts

Back