Glossybox Coupons and Promotions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries.. I am glad you guys were able to get in on it.. Three boxes for $30 seems like an amazing deal, since they have had some great products in their boxes.. I went ahead and bought the only thing available -- 1 box.. Hopefully it won't be filled with nail polish lol.

EDIT: I will be happy if they add in the Eslor Firming Collagen Day Cream from the August box.   I love that stuff, but a full size jar is $85.. yikes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The one box deal is still available.   I wished I got the two boxes (it was available when I purchased).  I have been regretting it all weekend. 

In any event, if I go for a second single box, its still a decent deal.  Even better if I use Ebates.  I am not sure how to use ebates because the only way I can get to the mystery box option is through the email that was sent.

Maybe its a sign that one is enough for me.

The one box deal is still available.   I wished I got the two boxes (it was available when I purchased).  I have been regretting it all weekend. 

In any event, if I go for a second single box, its still a decent deal.  Even better if I use Ebates.  I am not sure how to use ebates because the only way I can get to the mystery box option is through the email that was sent.

Maybe its a sign that one is enough for me.
The easiest way to do ebates is to install their toolbar. Make sure the E is lit and green when you check out and then it'll have registered. If you don't get it credited to your account in a week, you can just automatically make the request.

According to my invoice email, I will be getting:

"g.2014.10.x.throwback1"

Does this mean I will be getting the October 2014 box?

I have never ordered from them before, so this is a trial box to see if I want to subscribe.

According to my invoice email, I will be getting:

"g.2014.10.x.throwback1"

Does this mean I will be getting the October 2014 box?

I have never ordered from them before, so this is a trial box to see if I want to subscribe.
My invoice email says "g.2014.10.x.throwback2". I think the 10 in the sequence just means you ordered it in October, not necessarily that you'll receive the October box. 

I apologize if this was already mentioned...But I emailed Glossybox to ask if they could try to ship me boxes that I hadn't already received (i just joined two months ago). The woman misunderstood something I said and thought I had ordered three singular boxes, when I had ordered one of the sets of 3, and she told me that she was told that the singular boxes were "coming directly from the September pallets" (exact quote). I was given the impression that ALL single box orders were coming from September, and only those that purchases sets of 2 or 3 would receive other months boxes (though she did say they had 10 months worth of boxes available). 

Sorry, rambling. But I thought those that ordered multiple single boxes may want to know (and may want to cancel some if they still can). 

oooh, I am a single purchaser so, I am hoping this isn't true. I was hoping for one a bit further back.  Don't mind if its a dupe but, would prefer not a recent dupe.

oooh, I am a single purchaser so, I am hoping this isn't true. I was hoping for one a bit further back.  Don't mind if its a dupe but, would prefer not a recent dupe.
I really do hope they don't do that, but she specifically stated that single box orders would come directly from Septembers palettes. And I also asked about them not including recent months and they basically said that they can't do any such thing. The only thing they guarantee is that if you purchase sets of 2 or 3 boxes that they will be different. But she even said that if you purchase multiple sets or multiple single boxes they can all be the same.

I do hope that some people get other boxes for their single box orders, but it doesn't sound very promising. And personally, if I had purchased multiple single boxes I definitely would not want a bunch of the same month, especially such a recent one. Yikes! 

I purchased a single box - I love Essie nail polish but I am not sure if I can pull off those lip tar colors

I really do hope they don't do that, but she specifically stated that single box orders would come directly from Septembers palettes. And I also asked about them not including recent months and they basically said that they can't do any such thing. The only thing they guarantee is that if you purchase sets of 2 or 3 boxes that they will be different. But she even said that if you purchase multiple sets or multiple single boxes they can all be the same.

I do hope that some people get other boxes for their single box orders, but it doesn't sound very promising. And personally, if I had purchased multiple single boxes I definitely would not want a bunch of the same month, especially such a recent one. Yikes! 
In fairness, they "technically" warned you by the roundabout way of saying you wouldn't get duplicates for ordering 2 or 3 box sets. But I think it's still misleading to say you wouldn't just get all of the same box if you ordered one.

I'm not unhappy. I didn't get any of the boxes except May, so for $9 and change, it's a good deal for me. I think they were anticipating a more enthusiastic response to that box, but yeah. Nope.

TBH, I think Glossybox's biggest problem is that they make it so much less worthwhile for you to stay subscribed than for you to just cancel and order the boxes you want. Except now they're doing it through coercion by forcing you to get two months of boxes at least, which just doesn't sit well with me. For other companies who have these kinds of policies (cancel by ___ to not be charged next month or you have to subscribe by ___ to get the box), they're very open about it. Instead, GB hides it in really tiny / hard to read text on their ToS page. (And yes, that text is super hard to read! I'm in my 20's and wearing glasses =_=)

So basically what I've learned from all this is it's not worthwhile to be a GB subscriber.

Instead of changing the cancel by date and fing up the gift boxes, they should of tried to figure out how to retain customers!

@ is totally right about them making it better to cancel and then re sub. Maybe extra bonuses for staying 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months....I've been with them forever, but only do a long term sub with a great promo. It's just better to wait for a bonus and $2.75 ebates then commit for nothing extra.  

I agree, they did "technically" warn us. But those sets of 3 sold out really quickly. And the 1 box deal wasn't even that good, let's face it. If I paid a bunch of money to get multiple of a single box because everything else sold out sooooo quickly, I'd be really upset to get all the same month.

They need to find a way to get more customers in, and bring down the pricing of gift boxes. Wouldn't that be so much more profitable for them then selling off a ton of boxes at $10 a piece? 

When I was contemplating a second "single" box, I did think that I could get two of the same.  There were no guarantees on which months we would get.  I just went with the one and if its September, I am glad I kept it to one.   The surprise or mystery isn't too exciting with it being that recent.

I was thinking maybe an April box which many people didn't like  (except me ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) was a potential. 

It is what it is.  Its a discounted mystery box.  Its the chance I took.  $15 is still a savings with products that will be worth more than that.   Maybe I will make little gifts for my sister-in-laws for Christmas.  We don't give gifts so, this could be a fun thing to do. 

The other thing that really bothers me is:

Estimated delivery date (allow a few more days for west coast deliveries):: Between 10/25/14 and 11/6/14

Well, obviously I don't think I'm going to get it by 10/25 considering it's the 23rd today and my boxes haven't even moved into pack mode. :| And I ordered like within 20 minutes of it going up because I still got the 3 box set.

I understand these are really cheap and they're bad about shipping in general, but then tell us there's a 2 week wait time. Or, I mean, if I spend $30 at Sephora, I'd get it within a week of ordering even if I don't have flash. Or Birchbox. It just seems really... poor customer service. I mean, Even Julep packs faster than this usually. It usually takes 7-10 business days to get to your freaking door, but they usually ship out within the first 5 days of your order.

@ When I first signed up to Glossybox, I was SHOCKED by the shipping thing. So when I heard nothing about my order being shipped by around the 25th I emailed them. When I said I was worried about the shipping delay and everything, I got the most disgustingly rude response. I had used one of those promo codes to get a great discount on a one year subscription, and apparently that customer service rep is REALLY used to people wanting to get rid of their subscription....Because instead of just politely explaining that it's normal for things to be shipped so late in the month, she basically just said that they always ship by the last day of the month and how I'm locked in for a one year subscription and I can't cancel it until afterwards.

Ummmmm. How very reassuring....Really appreciated the lovely attitude, by the way. 

This mystery box is a trial box for me - reading everyone's CS and shipping experiences, this will be most likely be the only box - for $21/month I expect more :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back