Glossybox Coupons and Promotions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh well if the single one off boxes are September, then I'm glad I didn't order one.  I liked my box but a dupe would be traded or sold.  

I wish I knew for certain if it was September - I am thinking of canceling but don't want to on the small chance that it is another month.

Tried contacting CS but nothing :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Someone on here told me they contacted Glossybox to ask about it, and apparently this is what they were told. I was told something that seemed a bit more certain, so...Maybe this is good news? But if I had a single box, I wouldn't be too happy with my odds. As it is, I'm quite certain I'll receive at least one of them. 

"Our Operations Manager just informed us that single box purchases will most likely be from the September pallet."

Someone on here told me they contacted Glossybox to ask about it, and apparently this is what they were told. I was told something that seemed a bit more certain, so...Maybe this is good news? But if I had a single box, I wouldn't be too happy with my odds. As it is, I'm quite certain I'll receive at least one of them.

"Our Operations Manager just informed us that single box purchases will most likely be from the September pallet."
Unable to cancel :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hoping I either get the pink Essie variation or the chance that "most likely" isn't 100%

Hoping I either get the pink Essie variation or the chance that "most likely" isn't 100%
I got the 3-box deal.  But am hoping for the red Essie variation if September is included.  Because I already have the pink one and am not such a huge fan of pink.  I don't really like the lip tars for the formula (I don't like getting an item in a subscription box where the instructions tell you to buy *their* primer first, which of course didn't come in the box, and without the primer, the lip tars don't last very long on me), but I can get away with any color (though of course I don't want a dupe of what I already got) because I have pale skin with neutral undertones.

This is ridiculous: I tried contacting CS - 2 FB posts, 2 emails, and 2 calls - NOTHING!!!

This is really souring my first impressions of Glossybox! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

found on http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2014/10/new-glossybox-promo-free-alexi-ani-bracelet.html

COUPON ALEART!

Use the code ALEXANI to get a free braclet by Alex and Ani!

Screenshot_3.png

Not sure which braclet it is, hoping that it is the one in the picture, wish I knew about this sooner!

Considering I've already gotten 3, yes 3 Sept boxes, I'm not thrilled to hear the mystery single box is the same thing, again. I ended up with overlapping subs in Sep (and knew I'd get a dupe box but did it because I wanted the full size BB cream promo). Lo and behold I for my first Sep box followed a week later by the dupe and no BB cream. After enough people complained, they sent subscribers an email saying it was a "warehouse issue" and they were sending the BB cream along with a "free Sep box" to make up for the inconvenience. A week went by and I got a plain brown box that contained a (not the advertised) BB cream, and nothing else. No invoice, no note. Nada. And here I am a week yet later and no Sep box. They finally responded to what is now my third time having to contact CS for the same freaking box and was told, again, "it's a warehouse issue" and they would send my Sep box ASAP. Fast forward to today, 5 days later, and nothing has shipped. Back to the BB cream that caused this whole debacle, I got a totally different version of the BB cream than what was advertised. So yeah, the shipping/warehouse issue they cited was code for "we ran out/didn't receive what we advertised in time to ship it with the monthly boxes." And then when they got put on blast online for sending nothing, they had to respond and send something. And that's how I wound up with something I never would have subbed to get in the first place. And still haven't received the "apology" box. I'm not exactly holding out a lot of hope for my mystery box contents. I think I need to break up with Glossy again after this 3 month sub ends. It's just too time consuming (and in a month where I've had to do battle with Boxy Charm and Wantable, it was the straw that broke this camel's back).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing it will lean toward the 11/6 end of the shipping range. That's usually how it works with Glossy. They do eventually deliver though. It's the promos and giveaways that are more hit and miss.

Mine's still in "pay" status (green) in my account.  The funds were taken out via PayPal already (nothing pending there).  I'm not expecting quick turnaround after reading this forum for a few months.  Well, it'll be a nice surprise when it comes.

Mine's still in "pay" status (green) in my account.  The funds were taken out via PayPal already (nothing pending there).  I'm not expecting quick turnaround after reading this forum for a few months.  Well, it'll be a nice surprise when it comes.
Same here. XD

I'd be surprised if they arrived in the next two weeks because that's just how it is with Glossybox.

Last edited by a moderator:
They finally responding to a posting I did on FB:

"Toby, with mystery boxes there is no way to guarantee which box you will receive."

So, now I am not sure if I will get the September box or not - either way, this is most likely my first and only Glossybox.

Saw this on another forum:

"Spoke to customer service today because the boxes had not shipped yet. I have no idea if what the lady said is true, but, she stated that they are awaiting a shipment of some backordered items in order to fulfill the orders. Supposedly, these are older boxes they they are selling off. I find it odd that they are awaiting items to be shipped. I have no idea what any of this means…just sharing."

"Spoke to customer service today because the boxes had not shipped yet. I have no idea if what the lady said is true, but, she stated that they are awaiting a shipment of some backordered items in order to fulfill the orders. Supposedly, these are older boxes they they are selling off. I find it odd that they are awaiting items to be shipped. I have no idea what any of this means…just sharing."
 I really wonder what that means. I was under the impression they just had extra boxes from previous months, not that they had to order items to put them together. Either way, I can't wait to get mine, the suspense is too much!

Be that as it may, it still seems like there would be extra September boxes? So why aren't the people who ordered just one box getting them yet?

I got the 2 box deal - only because I as too late for the 3 box deal  <_<  . I'm open but I love hair, nail and lip products. I've never gotten a Glossybox, but I have a couple regular subs and a couple I order only when there's a good deal. I"m just enjoying and hating the anticipation. 

OH FINALLY! I got my shipping notice :DDD It seems like they're shipping USPS so maybe I'll even get it by Saturday (amaze).
My tracking reads like it's going via Newgistics. But. It's already moved from KY to IN, so my guess is I'll see mine Mondayish.

Got my shipping notice, too.  My package is currently in the black hole known as Hebron, KY.  Newgistics is recognizing the tracking number (says 11/3-11/4 delivery).

Got my shipping notice, too.  My package is currently in the black hole known as Hebron, KY.  Newgistics is recognizing the tracking number (says 11/3-11/4 delivery).
My tracking reads like it's going via Newgistics. But. It's already moved from KY to IN, so my guess is I'll see mine Mondayish.
Okay, y'all are right :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That's really weird because Newgistics is a subsidiary of UPS isn't it? (I might've just made that up in my head). But when I plug it into google, USPS also recognizes it and the location.

Then again, it says "Your item departed a shipping partner facility at 1:31 am on October 29, 2014 in HEBRON, KY 41048. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later." So yeah.

Monday's not bad, It's even 2-3 days before their estimated arrival date. I'm curious what boxes they used to hold these because I can't imagine packing 3 GB together is really easy...

Back