Glossybox Coupons and Promotions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ If only! I just wish more friends/family members were into skincare and makeup. (Them being only a tiny bit interested to the point where they loved receiving it but had no idea what Glossybox was, would be ideal!) Haha

@@DragonChick Well, looks like you can expect at least one of them to be September. 

Here's hoping customer service eventually responds to the countless emails they have from people with the same issue. I wonder if anyone has heard back from them yet about receiving duplicates in their 2-3 box sets...Anyone?

Ugh , I just wish my freakin boxes would ship. At this point i would be happy to receive duplicates. I'm getting so impatient lol. When did we order these?it seems like forever ago.

Just to add a data point, I got July, August, and September. I got the same variation of the September box that I'd received before and it's my least-favorite box so far. I really love July and August, though, so I'm happy overall.

@@cfisher, that's ridiculous. Can't wait to hear the CS explanation for this one.

@@sefkhet A few people have mentioned to me that they received that same variation...July, August and September. It feels like they were just trying to make it sound like lots of old boxes were being thrown into the mix to get rid of recent months. 

I have a feeling it will be quite some time before customer service even acknowledges me. I know other people have contacted them with a similar issue, but I think they probably have a million complaints/issues to catch up on. I just hope it doesn't involve me shipping back tons of boxes, haha. 

@@sefkhet A few people have mentioned to me that they received that same variation...July, August and September. It feels like they were just trying to make it sound like lots of old boxes were being thrown into the mix to get rid of recent months. 

I have a feeling it will be quite some time before customer service even acknowledges me. I know other people have contacted them with a similar issue, but I think they probably have a million complaints/issues to catch up on. I just hope it doesn't involve me shipping back tons of boxes, haha. 
Between this and Memebox screw-ups you could start your own store of incorrectly-shipped boxes. :lol:

I hope they don't make you ship all those back. What a pain!

Between this and Memebox screw-ups you could start your own store of incorrectly-shipped boxes. :lol:

I hope they don't make you ship all those back. What a pain!
Hahahah, I really could at this point. In an amusing twist, I even ended up with like a dozen free Archipelago candles this week from Zappos after receiving tons of broken ones, them replacing them with more broken ones, then giving me free ones (only 1 of which broke!) as well as a complete refund, and like 3 gift cards throughout the whole thing for the inconvenience. ...The whole reason I even bought so many is because I had tons of gift cards from my Zappos credit card that I haven't used in like 5 years. 

Considering I usually end up getting to keep extra stuff, I'm starting to wonder if I have the worst luck or the best. If only I had more available space.  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
So my two boxes are still in Pay mode. Maybe this is a good thing. I thought it said they'd ship by the 6th so they've got 2 days to get it together. 

FINALLY got a tracking number. Of course it only shows that it's in KY. XD

FINALLY got a tracking number. Of course it only shows that it's in KY. XD
Me too but I can't track mine. Did u also get 2 boxes? Just wondering. If there's any similarity. What shipping service does GB use? The number looks odd to me.

Me too but I can't track mine. Did u also get 2 boxes? Just wondering. If there's any similarity. What shipping service does GB use? The number looks odd to me.
Yup, I did get two boxes and I put my tracking number into the Newgistics tracking system.  

GB back to me. They are sending me out boxes older than June after I sent them av strongly worded email about those 3 for 30 crap!!! Stay tuned.

GB back to me. They are sending me out boxes older than June after I sent them av strongly worded email about those 3 for 30 crap!!! Stay tuned.
What happened? Did you get 2 or 3 of the September boxes?

Last edited by a moderator:
My 3 boxes came today and it was the July/Aug/Sept set. Not super exciting, but they sent 2 new polishes that I love, Kitten Heels and Wilderness. 

Well, I complained to Glossybox on Saturday when my mystery throwback boxes didn't arrive (even though USPS said they did).  As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the mailman had delivered the package to my neighbors, who brought it down to me some time after I complained.

Anyway, heard back from them today offering to resend a "Mystery Throwback Box" (singular) to me.  I had ordered the 3 box deal so I found the singular interesting.  I replied and told them not to worry about it since the boxes eventually showed up.  Two observations, though:

(1) Not a terrible response time for customer service, especially from Glossybox.  And basically on point.  (I believe this was a response to an e-mail I sent, not any of my FB messages.)

(2) I thought they were out of the 3-box deal.  I wonder what they would have sent instead?  A single box?  Or 3 September boxes?  Or (God forbid) a men's box full of cologne (someone on MSA got a men's box as one of theirs)?

I also ratted out my mailman to the higher-ups.  He misdelivered the Glossybox stuff on Saturday.  Then on Monday, he shoved an Amazon package meant for me in my neighbors' mailbox.  Thankfully my neighbors are honest.  I also received no credit card offers, insurance offers, election flyers, or advertising circulars in my mailbox Monday or Tuesday.  I am not really missing that stuff, but now I don't know whether I was not supposed to get any or whether I got some and the mailman shoved it in someone else's box.  (I pay my bills online so at least I won't be missing anything important.)

I received July, August and September. I can see where someone could blindly grab the same boxes. The only way to differentiate them is by a teensy barcode stuck on the side of the outer box. I can see someone not scanning that or the wrong boxes ending up in the wrong stack or someone just being lazy. Or a combination of all of the above.

So.. basically Glossybox cannot be trusted to get anything right?!?
Haha, well I am dropping them when my annual sub is up (early next year).  I haven't had TOO much trouble, personally, compared to what I've been through with a couple of other boxes (cough, cough, Julep) but have heard a lot of horror stories.  Probably no more mystery boxes unless they come along a minimum of 6 months after my last regular box, to avoid repeats.

Haha, well I am dropping them when my annual sub is up (early next year).  I haven't had TOO much trouble, personally, compared to what I've been through with a couple of other boxes (cough, cough, Julep) but have heard a lot of horror stories.  Probably no more mystery boxes unless they come along a minimum of 6 months after my last regular box, to avoid repeats.
I'm really happy with the mystery boxes I received. If they continue to do this in the future I might buy more then. It appeases my yearnings for Glossyboxes without the pain of the sub.

I have never had problems with Glossybox. I knew they ship in the end of the month so I never stressed that it is already next month and I still didn't receive my box. They always come in the first week of the next month so I just wait. The same with mystery boxes. The last day is 11/6 and I got my shipping link just yesterday. So it is fine. So many people can't wait at all, writing angry mails already 2 weeks ago. Why to stress so much? They send it before 11/6 just like they said they will do. I love Glossybox.

I don't think many people on here are angry about the shipping in a timely manner issue.

It is silly for people to flip out on Facebook about such things.

But Glossybox is a complete mess. I've been with them for only a few months, and I've had at least 3 issues with them. Legitimate issues, not "OMG I'm just sooo inpatient, give me my stuff already!" 

And I know most people have had bad experiences with them. 

Back