Glossybox December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought the $10 one in addition to the $12 something one I bought last week. I'm excited to try out this services as I have been weary due to their billing debacle over the summer.

Originally Posted by pride /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sent a gift box to my mom and I guess they get this kind of obnoxious email with the title "(insert name) has sent you GIFT A GLOSSYBOX FOR $15 SUBSCRIBERS ONLY!!"

Classy. 
icon_rolleyes.gif
That... is totally obnoxious and tacky.  WTH, Glossybox?

At least it was your mom and not..your mom-in-law or a frienemy or something.  Geez.  If I order a gift box I'll just send it to myself and then mail it out to whoever I want to send it to.  I'd be too mortified to risk the gift recipient receiving that email.

I saw somewhere on the GB website that the gift boxes will ship between December 10-14th. I just purchased 2 gift boxes and I used the 5r29 code with it that makes them $10. When I paid, the total said $10 each. When I checked my order status right after it said they both cost $15! Has this happened to anyone?? I just checked my pending credit card transactions and it says I was charged $15 for both boxes! I guess I will be calling their CS tomorrow... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I saw somewhere on the GB website that the gift boxes will ship between December 10-14th. I just purchased 2 gift boxes and I used the 5r29 code with it that makes them $10. When I paid, the total said $10 each. When I checked my order status right after it said they both cost $15! Has this happened to anyone?? I just checked my pending credit card transactions and it says I was charged $15 for both boxes! I guess I will be calling their CS tomorrow... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Me too, but if you check your invoice, it is the correct debited amount. I came across the same problem on PayPal. Hopefully that's true for you. If not, definitely give them a call during their business hours tmrw!

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you guys know what date glossybox usually charges for the next box?
Usually middle of the month. My November was charged on 11/15.

Make sure you're checking the right invoice; I always get two. One for the actual charge, and one when they process the box. 

The one when they process the box always lists the the full price on the subtotal, but the grand total should be $0. But yeah, it shouldn't show up on your credit card statement as full price...that's definitely wrong. Mine all came up as $10. Already sent 3 and contemplating a 4th...

Originally Posted by Mystica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That... is totally obnoxious and tacky.  WTH, Glossybox?

At least it was your mom and not..your mom-in-law or a frienemy or something.  Geez.  If I order a gift box I'll just send it to myself and then mail it out to whoever I want to send it to.  I'd be too mortified to risk the gift recipient receiving that email.
Wasn't just my mom, unfortunately, also sent two boxes to two friends. :/ Luckily I don't think either of them care. GB supposedly changed the email now but I don't know what they've changed it to.

I didn't receive the email from Glossybox, but I have one sub and the R29 expired sub.  Is there anyone to access the gift box option without the email?

I didn't receive the email from Glossybox, but I have one sub and the R29 expired sub.  Is there anyone to access the gift box option without the email?  
If you have an active sub, you can access the gift option for $15 (1month).

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess you can only order this if you have a monthly subscription, because it wouldn't let me do it and I am a subscriber, but I pay for 3 months at a time.
Yeah I didn't see this either...I also have the 3 month plan.

Yeah I didn't see this either...I also have the 3 month plan.
Oh ok, I helped one of the girl here out. If you're interested, I can help enable some of you lol

So.... I got a little over zealous and purchased 3 additional December boxes for my Mom, sister, and boyfriend's mom. Now I'm thinking what if it has neon green eyeliner and glitter nail polish like this month's boxes? LOL My sister would use that stuff but my 60-something Mom and BF's Mom? Not so much. I think I was just in a MakeupTalk induced state of box frenzy coupled with being the laziest Christmas shopper ever. Hopefully there will at least be a couple of Mom-ish items, ha!

Originally Posted by emmakey9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So.... I got a little over zealous and purchased 3 additional December boxes for my Mom, sister, and boyfriend's mom. Now I'm thinking what if it has neon green eyeliner and glitter nail polish like this month's boxes? LOL My sister would use that stuff but my 60-something Mom and BF's Mom? Not so much. I think I was just in a MakeupTalk induced state of box frenzy coupled with being the laziest Christmas shopper ever. Hopefully there will at least be a couple of Mom-ish items, ha!
Haha, nice! I have considered getting GB for my family/friends as well, but the only one of my friends who I think would enjoy it is already a subscriber haha! I hope your gift recipients get appropriate items! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Glossybox has posted on their Facebook a contest that pretty much says that Pleats Please perfume by Issey Miyake will be included in the next box. Excited to try it!

I'm excited too! For those who have received that type of item before in GB how is the sample size? Just a tiny vial or larger? Also, how do I insert spoilers? I dont know how to do that (new here) so I tried wording my comment in a way that wouldn't give away the surprise.

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm excited too! For those who have received that type of item before in GB how is the sample size? Just a tiny vial or larger? Also, how do I insert spoilers? I dont know how to do that (new here) so I tried wording my comment in a way that wouldn't give away the surprise.
I'm not sure if they've sampled it yet, it seemed like something new. To do a spoiler, click on the black word bubble two spaces over to the right of the smiley face and a box will pop up and anything you type in it will come up as a spoiler.

Oh ok, I helped one of the girl here out. If you're interested, I can help enable some of you lol
Hahah thanks I'll definitely contact you if I do. For now I just reorder 3 months but I'm not sure my sister is interested (even though it's such a treat!) Is it $15 for a one time gift or is it $15 for the first month for a general subscription?

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hahah thanks I'll definitely contact you if I do. For now I just reorder 3 months but I'm not sure my sister is interested (even though it's such a treat!) Is it $15 for a one time gift or is it $15 for the first month for a general subscription?
One time gift.

Back