Glossybox January 2015 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, that's a good idea! I'll have to go pick up a little travel spray bottle from target.

I think all the bottles leak just a bit. I could smell it before I opened my box. There was not enough missing from the bottle to realize it leaked though. None of my toners fit in my skincare drawer I just realized. I normally decant them into a small spray bottle since it's easier to get the cotton pad more evenly wet. But I like the Caudalie dispenser more than that now and the pump keeps it from leaking when it leans.

Score...

My replacement January Glossybox arrived today.  Even though I also got one yesterday.  (The one from yesterday is the one that took a trip to Orlando.)

No toner spills (well, haven't opened the second one yet but the first bottle is 100% full and there was no smell) but dust from the paper packing is all over the cleanser tube.

It's weird how their customer service is so inconsistent.  I had a problem last week (the detour to Orlando) and GB sent out a replacement right away.  Got a response in less than 2 hours.  Actually, I've never really had problems with them.  But clearly people have -- I've seen the complaints here and on FB.  People who aren't getting responses, have you tried twitter?  That's quickly becoming my favorite platform for customer service complaints (in fact, that's pretty much all my twitter feed is).  Because companies can't delete negative tweets, so it's in their best interest to deal with the problems.

I've always had good luck with emailing GB.  (I use the contact 'at' glossybox.com email addy.)

Even the one time they told me they couldn't adjust my 3 month subs so they would not overlap, but they would cancel my newest order (the discounted) if I wanted them to.  Turns out they cancelled my other non-discounted order, so yay!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Good luck!

It's funny -- I've been on the hunt for a good toner.  (ETA -- b/c even tho I'm out for Jan, I really wanted to try the toner, lol.  My brain just forgot to type that.)  I picked up Mario Badescu's aloe toner and while Paula's Choice/Beautypedia says it's way too minimalist, I like it.  NO irritation at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Score...

My replacement January Glossybox arrived today.  Even though I also got one yesterday.  (The one from yesterday is the one that took a trip to Orlando.)

No toner spills (well, haven't opened the second one yet but the first bottle is 100% full and there was no smell) but dust from the paper packing is all over the cleanser tube.

It's weird how their customer service is so inconsistent.  I had a problem last week (the detour to Orlando) and GB sent out a replacement right away.  Got a response in less than 2 hours.  Actually, I've never really had problems with them.  But clearly people have -- I've seen the complaints here and on FB.  People who aren't getting responses, have you tried twitter?  That's quickly becoming my favorite platform for customer service complaints (in fact, that's pretty much all my twitter feed is).  Because companies can't delete negative tweets, so it's in their best interest to deal with the problems.
This is my go to spot for Uverse issues.  I'm always too chicken to actually msg them, but I do tweet at them.  (Passive-aggressive, much?)

This is my go to spot for Uverse issues. I'm always too chicken to actually msg them, but I do tweet at them. (Passive-aggressive, much?)
Oh, I'll message whomever!  The Body Shop shorted me an item from an order around Black Friday.  I was not getting responses to e-mails for weeks and I was not liking the 25 minutes on hold on the phone thing.  Got resolved via private messages on twitter in a day.  And my health insurance company has a proprietary online communication system that sucks, so I message them on twitter whenever their system is down.

But, public complaints via tweet are kind of cathartic.  Like when my favorite vegetarian restaurant went vegan (and they removed all my favorite cheese-laden items from the menu and started using some unpleasant-textured dairy substitutes in other dishes), I let them know all the reasons I wasn't coming back.  They didn't change their minds but my complaints are public and it was good to get things off my chest.

I received my box about a week ago, and sent a message saying I was a bit disappointed to have received a duplicate product (the truffle serum), as I didn't love it the first time. In under 2 hours(!) they had replied, but the e-mail got misfiled and I had forgotten about the whole thing until I received the "rate the customer service you received" e-mail today and went searching for it. I contacted them using the form on this page:

http://www.glossybox.com/contacts

Hera very kindly offered to send me a sample from the list spoiler tagged by @ a page or so back. I chose the Kneipp, which is also a duplicate sample for me (hangs head in shame), but one I really enjoyed the first time around.

It appears they've set up a support site:

https://support.glossybox.net/home

I wasn't able to log in, either because it requires a different password than the main account or I forgot my password (more likely), but might be worth a shot if you're not getting a response from their customer service?

I got mine today and in the box was a $40 gift card to hellofresh.com....anyone else get this?
Yeah, me too. Thank goodness because I lost the first one and I've been looking for it because I want to try this hellofresh.com. More than likely it'll be the least expensive option which is the vegetarian meal.

I've been getting glossybox for about  two years now. I have heard horror stories about their terrible customer service but I have never had an issue until now..... The last three months I have received damaged product. I have been emailing the online "contact me" screen for three months with NO response. I messaged them via facebook on a whim and they responded quickly with a replacement would be sent. That was three weeks ago. No replacement, no shipping or tracking info. I got home from work last night to my Glossybox and the toner, every drop had leaked all over the box. The box is ruined, so I took a photo and sent it to them via the facebook message. I can't get a response. I have asked for an update on my replacement items with no response and now the toner just sent me over the edge. I cancelled my sub and have had it but does anyone have any ideas on how to get their attention? I would still like replacement items for the three damaged items at least. 

Thank you!
Call them. I emailed them and they responded the next day but I also called them a couple days later because I wanted the tracking number for the replacement item (to make sure they were sending the replacement) and they emailed it right over.

Has anyone tried the toner yet? If so, can you tell me how you like it and if it works?
It seems to work reasonably well. It's gentle and doesn't feel like it contains alcohol/witch hazel/astringents. I'm not a fan of the fruity scent. I will likely finish the bottle but not repurchase.

@@BrierReviewer - I have used it and I really like it.  I haven't used a toner in years.  I think they were called astringents in my acne days.  Its not drying and feels soft on the skin.  Very nice.

Has anyone tried out the Teeez brush yet? I really wanted to try it out yesterday and spent a good ten minutes in the morning trying to find where I could have possibly stashed mine. Of course later in the day I realized that the reason I couldn't find it is that my box hasn't been shipped out yet. Oh glossybox...

SneakyBurrito, on 21 Jan 2015 - 6:10 PM, said:

Score...

It's weird how their customer service is so inconsistent.  I had a problem last week (the detour to Orlando) and GB sent out a replacement right away.  Got a response in less than 2 hours.  Actually, I've never really had problems with them.  But clearly people have -- I've seen the complaints here and on FB.  People who aren't getting responses, have you tried twitter?  That's quickly becoming my favorite platform for customer service complaints (in fact, that's pretty much all my twitter feed is).  Because companies can't delete negative tweets, so it's in their best interest to deal with the problems.
I've not even received shipping notification of my box yet, how are you receiving a replacement of the January box already?   <_< ...   Not mad at you of course, just wondering where in hell's half acre are they 'packing' my box...

Will try twitter  B) as per your suggestion!

I've not even received shipping notification of my box yet, how are you receiving a replacement of the January box already?   ...   Not mad at you of course, just wondering where in hell's half acre are they 'packing' my box...
Same here! I cannot figure out how GB organizes their shipments.

btw, I'm on a monthly sub. Been in "pack" mode for 2 weeks now.  I'm kinda hoping I still get the "regular" January box rather than the "classic" one. 

@@FormosaHoney @@Jay.Aitch.Gee  I'm in the same boat with you. My box has been in packing mode for the last couple of weeks. I just resubbed this month to take advantage of the 6-free gifts deal with a 6-month sub so I figured that the additional items that are supposed to be added to my box had pushed the shipping date back for it. I guess if I don't get a shipping notification tomorrow I will try emailing them to see what is up with my January box.

@Jay.Aitch.Gee is that JHG? @, just for comparison...  I'm an annual sub, nothing extra's being added to mine and mine's been in the 'packing' mode for the past couple of weeks as well.  

I'm in DC, just moved here.  When I was in Colorado, my box would come SO 'on time' that it would surprise me, LOL...

East coast fulfilment center, you are the weakest link...

The Classic box is only for those that signed up after the January box was sold out. At least that is how its being explained. Glossy does ship the last week of the month, first week of the next. Not sure why it goes out in stages like this as many of us have received them. Hope you all get your boxes soon. Its a nice one.

@FormosaHoney  Yeah, my hypothesis went straight out the window when I read the posts you and Jay.Aitch.Gee made today!  Hopefully, we will get shipping notices soon...

Thanks for the responses ladies! I have gotten my boxes for the previous 3 months in the first or second week of the following month (December's box came on January 13, for instance), but with a handful of ppl here already getting January boxes, I started to wonder about mine. I felt kinda bad for it - all these other boxes were getting shipped out, and there was mine, sitting forlornly at the warehouse like the latchkey kid who doesn't get to go on the field trip because his parents forgot to sign his permission slip....

I will keep my hopes up. Maybe it is an East Coast thing. And since we're supposed to get like, 47 feet of snow from the Snowmageddonocalypse this week, it will probably delay things further :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@FormosaHoney - indeed it is JHG!! The ol' initials. 

Back