Glossybox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't had a lot of luck with this. Mine is pretty liquid-y, I've tried it in the cheeks but can't seem to get the right consistency
Stains are always tricky for me, too. I have problems getting them to sink in around the outer corners of my mouth. It's like my skin is waterproof! I have to make sure my lips are bone dry before I even attempt application or I end up with Geisha mouth. Did you see the beach video Michelle Phan posted on Ipsy for the March bag? She had this cute metal mixing palette ring that she dabbed stain onto, and then used a brush to apply to her cheeks. I actually just ordered that ring the other day - $12 from LaVaque. Says you can use for nail art, too. It is stainless steel so should be easy to clean.

Originally Posted by dotybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box!

Got the Prestiche soap in Eucalyptus, the face cream and the eye pencil in "secret grey" (a dark charcoal color with silver shimmer.) I am pretty excited overall since I will definitely use all the products in the box!
I got the same box, but "Rosecella" soap, which smells nice, even though I hate getting soap.  Sooo, I got TWO gift certificates!!!!  Pretty sure that was a mistake, they were stuck together with static.  Lucky me, but from the sounds of you girls, you're not loving the Eucalyptus smell.  Since I have more lotion than I can use in 5 years I was going to get the Eucalyptus bath salt and the Lemongrass massage oil.  

I'm madly in love with the Elite eye pencil in Secret Grey!  I thought it was just grey and I was happy because I love grey, but then there were SPARKLES!  Whaaaat!  Do love.  I felt very sexy with my special sparkles.  It goes on nice and seems to be staying in place, but I went to see a movie and was putting in eye drops and kinda rubbing at my eyes, so I can't really judge.

I really love this box!  Last month was total "meh" for me, so very happy this month.  Sample Society and Ipsy super let me down earlier in the month, I desperately needed a WOW-Box!!!

I'm very happy with Glossybox this month!  

I got the Elite liquid eyeliner in a matte brown that swatched beautifully and held up over multiple hand washings, too!  I don't have a dark brown liquid eyeliner and while I usually like a little glossy look to liquid liners, I was impressed with the matte/formula. It'll get used and I hope we see more of this Elite in the States soon.

The cheek and lip stain will be interested.  It was hard to test swatch, but I want to play with it.  I've been very happy with other Model Co products (via Glossybox and Birchbox) so I'm have hopes that it'll be nice once past the learning curve.

I'm not a huge bar soap fan and we got one in the last box, but it's a good sample.  I'm okay with it and will try it eventually. I got the Eucalyptus. It smells funky but not god awful. Not sure if I'll use the coupon yet.

I got the Ken Gen Do cream!  Yay!  I love trying fancy-dancy expensive shizz - heck, I fell in love with Amore Pacific thanks to Glossybox and buy the kits Sephora has once in awhile. It's a good size sample, no wasted space in the packaging to make it "appear" bigger.  So it looks small but really not a bad size.

And the hair finishing spray...it'll go in my ever growing hair crap pile I have gotten from subs. I don't have that much hair (kinda thin) and don't wash/style every day. I don't know if I've finished anything up.

Overall a GREAT box - for me it was up there with some of their better boxes and as a whole, Glossybox is a win for me.  They've had two duds and the rest have been good IMO.

So I just wanted to say that for you not so fair ladies an ok, but sorta messy and complicated way to put on the lip and cheek tint is to take the tube and squeeze a tiny amount on your lips and then just move it around with your lips. For your cheeks do the same thing, but after you squeeze it lightly dab it around with your fingers. It worked really well for me and my mom, who are both on the more tannish side.

Got my box today!  Pretty happy with it..

I got the Pixi eye crayon in graphite, which is nice, but I was really hoping for the pink one. And the lavendar soap is nice, but INTENSE.   I LOVE the color of the liptint, but I'm definitely having trouble getting it to deposit right on my lips. I'm getting pockets of intensity towards the center of my mouth. Any tips and tricks? I must be doing something wrong.  I did have luck with my cheeks by putting a little stain on my wrist and tapping a medium blush brush into it and then quickly buffing onto my cheeks. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It says my box was deliver via their delivery tracking and I called CS and said their website was having issues and it was actually just tracking for someone else's box in my area (this part was weird to hear). They told me that if my box isn't delivered in a couple more days to call them again. Anyone else experiencing with the same issue? CS said that there were others that also called in for that reason but I haven't seen anyone complain about this specific issue here...

Same exact thing happened to me! Same response too.

It says my box was deliver via their delivery tracking and I called CS and said their website was having issues and it was actually just tracking for someone else's box in my area (this part was weird to hear). They told me that if my box isn't delivered in a couple more days to call them again. Anyone else experiencing with the same issue? CS said that there were others that also called in for that reason but I haven't seen anyone complain about this specific issue here...

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a box that says it is delivered but it wasn't. I emailed them but havent heard back yet. It could be the same thing.

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same thing for me except mine has been saying out for delivery for a week, I emailed them for the second time today and still haven't heard back.....
icon_frown.gif

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cheek tint feels like not much is in there but if you look at the packaging only 10mls are supposed to be in there. They just put the product in too large of a tube. I thought the same thing though at first
I have the same sentiments as yours. I was trying to test it but nothing came out at first. It's like it "farted". LOL. Lot's of air inside but I feel that there's nothing much of stain in it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I still don't have a box, or tracking number, but the website says it will be delivered April 2nd. I'm not sure how they came to that conclusion but I can't wait for it to finally show up!

Originally Posted by lechatonrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still don't have a box, or tracking number, but the website says it will be delivered April 2nd. I'm not sure how they came to that conclusion but I can't wait for it to finally show up!
Me too!  I also still don't have surveys for February's things.  Does anyone else?

Oh, I just LOVED my box....actually, I think it's one of the better boxes I've received from them! I've had it for a few days, but work has been so insane (working till about 11pm) that I hadn't had a chance to blog about it till today! I received:

Elite Paris Eyeliner in Secret Grey
Koh Gen Do Emollient Cream
ModelCo Cheek + Lip Tint
Prestiche Bar Soap in Green Machine
Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce

Hope ya'll enjoy my blog post! I also hope work slows down a bit...but it won't lol
dance.gif

Got my box today!  Of course I didn't get that which I most wanted! (liner pencil and the cream)

Elite Models Matt Liner in Matt Brown

ModelCo Cheek and Lip Tint in Rosy red
Pixi Lid Last Shadow Pen in Mocha Mauve
Prestiche Essenital Oil Bar Soap in Yin Yang
Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce

Got my box today even though my account never got updated with the shipping info. I was actually starting to get worried.

Got my box today!  Of course I didn't get that which I most wanted! (liner pencil and the cream)
Elite Models Matt Liner in Matt Brown ModelCo Cheek and Lip Tint in Rosy red Pixi Lid Last Shadow Pen in Mocha Mauve Prestiche Essenital Oil Bar Soap in Yin Yang Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce
LL
I got the same box, I was really happy with it.

Just received mine today.  Looks like I'm the first on MUT to get this box combo:

Pixi nail polish in Evening Emerald (def more of a peacock blue though)
Koh Gen Do cream
ModelCo Cheek + Lip Tint
Prestiche soap in Limcello (lemongrass)
Sebastian hair spray

I'm super pumped I got the Koh Gen Do!  Everything else is gravy, but for what it's worth the tint works really well on me (I'm one of the super pale ones).

Overall I am happy with my box too and will use everything in it!  I just really wanted to try the other products as well!  One of the brands has been sampled one other time as well and I did not get it then either but was lucky enough to get it in a trade!  I am interested in trying the matt thing.  I have never had one liquid and matte!

Originally Posted by jenmonique1971 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same box, I was really happy with it.

Overall I am happy with my box too and will use everything in it!  I just really wanted to try the other products as well!  One of the brands has been sampled one other time as well and I did not get it then either but was lucky enough to get it in a trade!  I am interested in trying the matt thing.  I have never had one liquid and matte!
I was not wanting the one with that liner, but was pleasantly surprised at how much I like it.

Latest posts

Back