Glossybox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It says my box was deliver via their delivery tracking and I called CS and said their website was having issues and it was actually just tracking for someone else's box in my area (this part was weird to hear). They told me that if my box isn't delivered in a couple more days to call them again. Anyone else experiencing with the same issue? CS said that there were others that also called in for that reason but I haven't seen anyone complain about this specific issue here...
Did anyone get resolution from this problem?  The gift box I bought for someone still hasn't come in!

I might have easily missed this in the thread, but my Pixi item was the lip & line in pretty peony which I didn't notice many (if any) people reporting. The liner part is a little stiff and dry, but the color is gorgeous. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it's a lovely product.

Actually pretty happy with the contents of this month because every item seem to came just on time! My school rally is tomorrow and teal is is one of our school colors so I will be wearing the Pixi nail polish. Since I'm cheering at the rally, I will also need lots of hairspray - I hope this sebastian hairspray will hold out. The Lips and Cheek tint will also come in handy for both uses!:) And the bar of soap smells pretty good! 

I wanted both the Koh Gen Do and the eyeliner but I think everything worked out for the better. If only they fixed their shipping! 
hehe.gif

Here's a swatch of Julep in Marion and pixi in Metallic Mermaid. They're very similar in color but the Metallic Mermaid is brighter and shiner. Differences appear a lot better with flash in the picture.

Ooh, I was hoping to get the Koh Gen Do product but I got the Pixi shadow pencil and Elite eyeliner. I don't need new liners though, drat!

I wonder when they are putting the surveys up this month? They are always so late on that. The German glossybox has them up the first week they start shipping.

yepp...I just weigh mines too and its only 2oz. Also, I tried to use the "Gift Certificate" and it says "Sorry, this coupon cannot be combined with any other promotions." =[ Is anyone else having that problem?
Oh, that makes a little more sense as I couldn't believe they were selling such small soaps for $18! I think I'm not going to use the gc.....I have tons of soaps and the lotion is crazy overpriced!

We started a new Glossybox group. Go join and chat there....https://www.makeuptalk.com/groups/show/32/glossybox-subscribers

I got my order from Prestiche and I was underwhelmed.  I ordered the body butter and it was a very small container.  It's your typical sort of greasy body butter.  Not bad or anything, but certainly not worth $40.  I wouldn't have paid more for it than the $12 they charged to ship it and I won't be ordering from them again.  It was no better than any body butter you can get at Target.

Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my order from Prestiche and I was underwhelmed.  I ordered the body butter and it was a very small container.  It's your typical sort of greasy body butter.  Not bad or anything, but certainly not worth $40.  I wouldn't have paid more for it than the $12 they charged to ship it and I won't be ordering from them again.  It was no better than any body butter you can get at Target.
I felt the same way. I think I like my Body Shop ones a lot more and I can get them super cheap brand new at like TJ Maxx. :)

I was on the fence about ordering from them. Not on the fence anymore.

I got the Yin-Yang soap in my box and it smells horrible.  I like the smell of frankincense too! I have a frankincense & myrrh scented lotion that is heavenly.   It's also a little to exfoliating for my liking.  The "fine grains" feel like they are ripping my skin off.. Won't be using that gift cert.

I got the Yin-Yang soap in my box and it smells horrible.  I like the smell of frankincense too! I have a frankincense & myrrh scented lotion that is heavenly.   It's also a little to exfoliating for my liking.  The "fine grains" feel like they are ripping my skin off.. Won't be using that gift cert.  
I got the yin-yang too. It didn't smell too bad thought the plastic but I didn't use it yet. Maybe it'll get more fragrant when it gets wet. I doubt I'll use the gc I can't justify paying the shipping.

Since it was under $40 to start with, I only paid the $12 shipping, but still it wasn't worth it.  You can definitely get equal or better body butters elsewhere.  I also am still giving them a sidelong look over the fake reviews on their website. 

Since it was under $40 to start with, I only paid the $12 shipping, but still it wasn't worth it.  You can definitely get equal or better body butters elsewhere.  I also am still giving them a sidelong look over the fake reviews on their website. 
I get 20% off body shop purchases so I'll stick with that.

Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get 20% off body shop purchases so I'll stick with that.
Yeah body shop is so much better, especially considering the prices.

Thanks ladies for the feedback- I've been going back & forth about trying their Shea butter. I trust all your reviews before anyone else, so it looks like I won't be ordering anything. For the Shea butter it was going to cost $17 with shipping which seemed like a lot- basically the cost of a 20% off glossybox.

Good to know about Prestiche. I'd already been reluctant due to the 12 dollar shipping but that helped me decide. Thanks, ladies, for the information. Shame that such a nice value GC is basically not worth anything. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's hard for me to change body butters because Shea Terra's is so fantastic! I will forever be grateful to Glossybox for introducing me to that company! Absolutely divine.

Back