Glossybox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a box that says it is delivered but it wasn't. I emailed them but havent heard back yet. It could be the same thing.
You'll hear back a lot quicker if you call them! They're going to hear from me on Tuesday if I don't see any boxes at my door tomorrow!

I just got my first Glossybox and I'm thrilled with it.  I wondered though, if anyone else has visited the Prestiche website yet and noticed anything awry with it?  I hate to say it, but it appears to me that the reviews of their products are all fake (perhaps done by themselves?).  Every single product has nothing but 5 star reviews and most of them were done on the same days (12/20/12 and 12/13/12).  That seems a little unlikely and it's also unlikely that every single purchaser would give them a perfect rating.  Also, all the reviews are no more than one or two sentences with names that sound sort of made up.  I'm going to use the gift certificate that I received, but it does make me a little suspicious of the company. 

Otherwise, I love my Glossybox and I'm delighted with the nail polish I received especially.

Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my first Glossybox and I'm thrilled with it.  I wondered though, if anyone else has visited the Prestiche website yet and noticed anything awry with it?  I hate to say it, but it appears to me that the reviews of their products are all fake (perhaps done by themselves?).  Every single product has nothing but 5 star reviews and most of them were done on the same days (12/20/12 and 12/13/12).  That seems a little unlikely and it's also unlikely that every single purchaser would give them a perfect rating.  Also, all the reviews are no more than one or two sentences with names that sound sort of made up.  I'm going to use the gift certificate that I received, but it does make me a little suspicious of the company. 

Otherwise, I love my Glossybox and I'm delighted with the nail polish I received especially.
Hmmm, I did notice that in order to use my $40 GC, I'll need to pay $12 shipping, which sounds ridiculous. I feel like it's overpriced. Plus the price of soap listed in the Glossybox info card is $16.99 or something, but on the website, it's $19.98. Maybe they raised prices to recoup the discounts being given to Glossybox members? I don't know.

Did anyone notice that the Prestiche soap was not 4oz.? I weighed my soap and it was barely 2 oz. but the label showed 4.

Originally Posted by JuliaS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone notice that the Prestiche soap was not 4oz.? I weighed my soap and it was barely 2 oz. but the label showed 4.
yepp...I just weigh mines too and its only 2oz.

Also, I tried to use the "Gift Certificate" and it says "Sorry, this coupon cannot be combined with any other promotions." =[ Is anyone else having that problem?

I didn't have a problem using my certificate, but I was sort of whaaaat? about the shipping.  I ordered though.  I hope I didn't use a $40 certificate and pay $12 shipping for a thing of lotion that ends up only being worth $12.  LOL

Was receiving the OPI nail polish a totally random thing?  I got one that I love, but wasn't expecting it and it wasn't mentioned as being part of my box so it was an add-on.  Maybe because it was my first box?  I got the Liquid Sand in "Can't Let Go". 

Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're right!  It definitely seems shady.  We should try to write real reviews up there and see if it will let us post them with less than 5 stars!

Does the hairspray smell AWFUL to anyone else?  I hate the initial smell.  Makes me gag every single time!

I got the liquid liner in brown also but it looks black to me on my eyes, which is fine by me! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

This was my first glossy box and I was wondering when/how I review the products for points?

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does the hairspray smell AWFUL to anyone else?  I hate the initial smell.  Makes me gag every single time!

I got the liquid liner in brown also but it looks black to me on my eyes, which is fine by me! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

This was my first glossy box and I was wondering when/how I review the products for points?
The hairspray smelled like a normal hairspray to me, but then again I think most hairspray smells kinda funky.

Also glossybox puts up surveys usually sometime between the 13th and the 16th of the following month for the previous month (does that make sense? So like on about April 14th March's surveys will be up)

Does the hairspray smell AWFUL to anyone else?  I hate the initial smell.  Makes me gag every single time! I got the liquid liner in brown also but it looks black to me on my eyes, which is fine by me! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  This was my first glossy box and I was wondering when/how I review the products for points?  
Yeah, I really did not like the hairspray smell either...it was pretty darn bad to me! lol

If I were to cancel now, would I be able to still complete the surveys?

No shipping notice, but it arrived Saturday (last postal day in March for a March box?) with one item missing. I don't want to continue until I see if they're going to fix the situation with the missing item, but I'm 2 month's reviews from a free box. . .

Originally Posted by lechatonrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I were to cancel now, would I be able to still complete the surveys?

No shipping notice, but it arrived Saturday (last postal day in March for a March box?) with one item missing. I don't want to continue until I see if they're going to fix the situation with the missing item, but I'm 2 month's reviews from a free box. . .
If you are able to, you wouldn't be able to claim the box (as an inactive subscriber).

I always get my boxes pretty quickly although March's box has disappeared into the USPS black hole of forwarding. Seriously, it has been more than a week since it was supposed to be delivered to my old address and despite repeated attempts to find out where it is and getting different answers every time, I'm still holding out hope that I'll get it some day. However, I bought an extra box for my mom and it's already April and it hasn't even been shipped. All I can see is that I paid for it but besides that, nothing. I emailed them to find out what's wrong and haven't gotten an answer yet so I guess I'm calling tomorrow. I wonder if they can just make the extra box I paid for be the April box so it can be shipped to my right address instead of the bs that has happened where every one of my subs ended up having to be forwarded because it was 'too late' to change my address. Loll, rant over :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I tend to agree that the hairspray was sort of stinky.  It reminded me of L'Oreal Paris Elnett hairspray, which is a great hairspray but also smells horrible.  I do like the product though.  It definitely holds my hairstyle without being stiff. 

I tend to agree that the hairspray was sort of stinky.  It reminded me of L'Oreal Paris Elnett hairspray, which is a great hairspray but also smells horrible.  I do like the product though.  It definitely holds my hairstyle without being stiff. 
I love elnett and I also love that it is so cheap over here.

Originally Posted by kweenah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yepp...I just weigh mines too and its only 2oz.

Also, I tried to use the "Gift Certificate" and it says "Sorry, this coupon cannot be combined with any other promotions." =[ Is anyone else having that problem?
I had the same problem. I tried to use it on items varying in price from less than $40 to over $40, and it didn't work on anything.  Grr!  Bait 'n Switch.

You have to use the $40 coupon/giftcard in the voucher redemption part at the top of the website. Mine wouldn't work in the gift card area, but once I put the numbers in that voucher redemption stop it worked like a charm...then I paid them $$ for shipping... sigh

I got my box! Happy i received a pixi nailpolish rather than the eyeliner!

Latest posts

Back