Glossybox March 2014 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is also my box!  And I hope I get the dragonfly bangle AND I hope they haven't run out of Lotus cream.  I also was really hoping for the lip scrub but hopefully I can trade for it.

I've never used Jelly Pong Pong and I hope I like it. 
I was late to sign up and just received my box today and the Fresh Lotus cream was inside. It's a good sized deluxe sample jar - half an ounce!  I hope you get it too!

Quote: Originally Posted by Snowyowl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does GlossyBox always ship so late? This was my first month.
Yep! Some people get them late in the month, but most of them do not get shipped so early. You should expect it each month in the start of the next! So for this month, you might not get yours until the first or second week of April. Good luck!
flowers.gif

I think that the Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush is only available in two shades from the manufacturer: Marshmallow Pink and Cranberry(?). It looks like Cranberry is out of stock on their website at the moment. I don't think there will be many (if any) shade variations. I got one in a previous box and just couldn't make the color work for me, but I liked the packaging.

This is also my box!  And I hope I get the dragonfly bangle AND I hope they haven't run out of Lotus cream.  I also was really hoping for the lip scrub but hopefully I can trade for it.

I've never used Jelly Pong Pong and I hope I like it. 
A quick note about the Jelly Pong Pong apply like you would a blush to your lips. Don't apply it like a lipstick. 

Quote: Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  A quick note about the Jelly Pong Pong apply like you would a blush to your lips. Don't apply it like a lipstick. 
What do you mean? Do you mean apply by dabbing lightly? WIth a lip brush? I hope I get the Jelly Pong Pong

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What do you mean? Do you mean apply by dabbing lightly? WIth a lip brush? I hope I get the Jelly Pong Pong
I dab it on my lips then blend in with my fingers; you can also build up the color intensity by doing this. It's great I love it. I think people hate it because they apply it like it is a regular lipstick or lip crayon and it looks horrible. 

Quote: Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I dab it on my lips then blend in with my fingers; you can also build up the color intensity by doing this. It's great I love it. I think people hate it because they apply it like it is a regular lipstick or lip crayon and it looks horrible. 
Thanks for the tip! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Now if only I could get my box... 

Grumble grumble. My box has been in a town 30 minutes away from me for TWO DAYS. What. The. Heck? And no surveys...so I still don't know what I'm getting. Ridonkulous.

My first box just arrived!  I've been waiting weeks for this! I received the same goods as Tigerlilly. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

According to my survey, I was supposed to receive the bar soap, so I guess it's true that the surveys can be wrong.  I'm hugely disappointed with the Jelly Pong Pong (ugh, I look like a clown in pink), and I feel that the bracelet looks somewhat cheap, but I'm still glad I subscribed.  The box itself will be great for storing samples or wrapping gifts, and I appreciate that it was nicely wrapped with tissue paper, ribbon, and sealed with a Glossybox emblem sticker.  The presentation makes me feel special. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by BlueLineBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My first box just arrived!  I've been waiting weeks for this! I received the same goods as Tigerlilly. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

According to my survey, I was supposed to receive the bar soap, so I guess it's true that the surveys can be wrong.  I'm hugely disappointed with the Jelly Pong Pong (ugh, I look like a clown in pink), and I feel that the bracelet looks somewhat cheap, but I'm still glad I subscribed.  The box itself will be great for storing samples or wrapping gifts, and I appreciate that it was nicely wrapped with tissue paper, ribbon, and sealed with a Glossybox emblem sticker.  The presentation makes me feel special. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I really hope that my survey is wrong too... I really don't want the soap, haha. But everything else in your box is what I'm supposed to get! Thanks for sharing. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Quote: Originally Posted by ikecarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really hope that my survey is wrong too... I really don't want the soap, haha. But everything else in your box is what I'm supposed to get! Thanks for sharing. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)
I was hoping, too! The first thing I did before opening the box was smell it, since everyone said it was soooo strong.  I can't tell you how relieved I was when I smelled nothing but cardboard! I'm crossing my fingers for you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Quote: Originally Posted by BlueLineBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually really love the bangle. It's simple, but I like wearing a few different charms together. I don't know about this specific one, but majority of the Alex & Ani bracelets at Nordstrom retail for $28.

i'm kind of annoyed... for the rest of you who got repeats, did GB do anything for you?  i have three repeats which is more than half the box (not including the bonus), so nothing new beyond the two spoilers, and the response i got from them was basically "too bad, sometimes it happens".

I apologize for the inconvenience. We make every effort to create a product mix for your GLOSSYBOX that is as exciting and varied as possible. In some rare instances, an individual product will make a re-appearance in your box version, especially after it has proved its popularity.

i'm annoyed (but not surprised) that 1) they're inconsistent.  they will send out a new item for someone who has one repeat, but do nothing for someone who has half a box of repeats? and 2) i'm annoyed she calls it "rare" for one product to be repeated, when i just got three in one box...

My glossybox will be here tomorrow (I dont think I've ever received a glossybox in the month it was paid for) and I'm seriously hoping that my card is wrong.  I totally don't want the soap!  Pleeeeeeease let me get the hand cream!

Now how can I sleep tonight wondering and wondering   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have had greater success calling glossybox rather than sending them an email. I really think you should try that because three repeats in one box is ridiculous. I had a repeat last month & of course it had to be a product I absolutely hated so I called them, they were really nice and offered me a replacement product. I'm wishing you good luck and let us know what happens.

Quote: Originally Posted by amidea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i'm kind of annoyed... for the rest of you who got repeats, did GB do anything for you?  i have three repeats which is more than half the box (not including the bonus), so nothing new beyond the two spoilers, and the response i got from them was basically "too bad, sometimes it happens".

I apologize for the inconvenience. We make every effort to create a product mix for your GLOSSYBOX that is as exciting and varied as possible. In some rare instances, an individual product will make a re-appearance in your box version, especially after it has proved its popularity.

i'm annoyed (but not surprised) that 1) they're inconsistent.  they will send out a new item for someone who has one repeat, but do nothing for someone who has half a box of repeats? and 2) i'm annoyed she calls it "rare" for one product to be repeated, when i just got three in one box...
I'm getting 2 replacements. Good luck bc I would not be ok with that response especially since I GET dupes bc I have been a subscriber for so long. It seem silly that they would punish long time subbies by punishing you with dupes.

My tracking has not updated since yesterday, when it was 'Departing' Atlanta, which s about 5 hours away from me. But I don't have much experience with Newgistics; do you think it's likely I'll get it tomorrow?

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorenk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My tracking has not updated since yesterday, when it was 'Departing' Atlanta, which s about 5 hours away from me. But I don't have much experience with Newgistics; do you think it's likely I'll get it tomorrow?
Have you tried putting your tracking number in on the usps site?  That should work and I find it updates more quickly than newgistics does.

Have you tried putting your tracking number in on the usps site?  That should work and I find it updates more quickly than newgistics does.
Same info that way, departed Atlanta, but thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Back