Glossybox USA! - April & May discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What, you birches don't like nicknames?? (Sorry, I had to
we.gif
)

I signed up for the contest, but I never win anything.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

we.gif
)

THere is always a chance! I won a facebook price from liftlab today! And I never win anything either :p

I dont hate the names like others, but they seem weird. Like we are a cult and they are our leader.

I signed up for the contest too. Hopefully someone from here wins!

I really wish I hadnt seen that... reminds me of MyGlam with their stupid 'glammies' nickname 

LOLLL that smiley is too funny.

we.gif
)

we.gif
)

HA, hilarious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can understand that they're kind of trying to create a sense of community and familiarity with the names, but "Glossies" and "Glammies" just seem so immature to me.

I hate the label Glossies as much as I hate the label Glammies. I'm in my late-30s for goodness sakes and would like to be treated like an adult and not a child. I try to stay away from calling people things like "Dolls" (and I could refer to my readers as Dolls since it plays into my screen name). It's condescending to me.

GlossyBox is a franchise if I'm not mistaken.  If I were you I wouldn't get my hopes up too high . . . yet.  We just got GlossyBox in Canada last month and it hasn't been smooth.  Some of you would have chewed them up and spit them out by now, lol.  They sent out a bunch of press boxes that were quite a bit nicer than what the paying subscribers got, ruffled some feathers.  They were late with their launch mailing and now, for March, they were supposed to ship in the first week and now it has changed to you should get it "within" a few weeks.

I think it will get better, but, they are working with the same North American suppliers as all the other boxes.  Time will tell.

Originally Posted by smileyone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GlossyBox is a franchise if I'm not mistaken.  If I were you I wouldn't get my hopes up too high . . . yet.  We just got GlossyBox in Canada last month and it hasn't been smooth.  Some of you would have chewed them up and spit them out by now, lol.  They sent out a bunch of press boxes that were quite a bit nicer than what the paying subscribers got, ruffled some feathers.  They were late with their launch mailing and now, for March, they were supposed to ship in the first week and now it has changed to you should get it "within" a few weeks.

I think it will get better, but, they are working with the same North American suppliers as all the other boxes.  Time will tell.

Well, lord knows I don't need another box full of weleda. I might sit this one out.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, lord knows I don't need another box full of weleda. I might sit this one out.

I don't really have any idea how the US box, or really how the next Canadian boxes will be. Sitting out to see what happens might not be a bad idea though, it is $15/box in Canada and I assume will be the same for US.  A google search will show you what bloggers vs. subscribers got.  I hope it turns out to be pretty solid in the future though.

It looks like they spread themselves out too thin the past few months; trying to start up GlossyBox India, US, Canada, and I see a ton of other country websites when I do a search. There were apparently delays and confusion in India as well.

But Im still excited to see what they come out with.

Okay, ahahahah on the contest post....I commented, and then a few people later my boyfriend commented "I Love GlossyBox!" because he had seen it on my facebook wall.

brb dying. i love this man!

Okay, ahahahah on the contest post....I commented, and then a few people later my boyfriend commented "I Love GlossyBox!" because he had seen it on my facebook wall.

brb dying. i love this man!
Hahaha how cute, that's a keeper. My sister in law posted it in my share pos. I was like no silly, on their post! Haha

Lol! Your attitude about it is just too funny. You girls all crack me up

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh brother, they are calling us 'Glossies.' 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hate the label Glossies as much as I hate the label Glammies. I'm in my late-30s for goodness sakes and would like to be treated like an adult and not a child. I try to stay away from calling people things like "Dolls" (and I could refer to my readers as Dolls since it plays into my screen name). It's condescending to me.

Just dont calls us Didos!

LOL. I wouldn't mind Didos, since I'm a classics nut, but if you called me a doll I might hit you with a bag of nail polish.

Back