Harvey Prince out of business?????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by reepy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where did you buy it?
Birchbox 
smile.gif

Took a plunge and ordered Hello + sample pack, with 20% off and 300 points it was $14 from Birchbox. So even if they aren't actually out of business, it's still worth it.

I decided I didn't want to risk it because the last time I tried ordering it over the summer after saving up points it was sold out for a good while.

Ahhh, this makes me sad. I have Ageless, Hello, Skinny Chic, Eau Fling, Yogini, Coupling, and Eau Flirt...and I love all of them. I was really wanting to try Eau de Creme next. Never had so many perfumes by one company before!

Oh no!!  I tried to visit their website to buy some of their perfumes, and the website page is entirely blank!!  I love Hello, Ageless, Eau Flirt.. basically all of their scents!!  I hope they didn't go out of business.. if they did, I wish they would issue some type of statement!  It's pretty unprofessional to just disappear altogether!

I remember seeing someone post on the Facebook page before it went down that if you call their fax number someone will eventually pick up. If anyone has that number it might be worth it to see if anyone does answer.

also looking at that cache led me to this post, which i believe is the fax number:

Quote: Need to place an order with Harvey Prince? They've been MIA on facebook. I just called to find out the scoop and the only way to reach them currently is by calling: 973-638-1990. When they are back, they'll be back with a vengeance and selling a lot of their discontinued items including their Ageless shower gels that some people have missed!

i really don't know what's going on but it's odd

Very, very odd. I wonder what's going on. I hope somebody manages to get some solid answers out of them soon.

Here's my thoughts. Instead of leaving the site blank they should have put up "Site down for remodeling" like Sinful Colors did for six+ months.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's my thoughts. Instead of leaving the site blank they should have put up "Site down for remodeling" like Sinful Colors did for six+ months.
I agree, also deleting their facebook seems really odd when they had 16k+ likes on there. For a company that makes their money primarily off of internet sales you would think they would want to keep that alive so they wouldn't have any problems generating sales if they are indeed coming back.

And I agree with you on that. They could have easily just shut the comments down so no one can post comments on their wall and turn off the message so no one can send them messages. Better that than delete it altogether. To delete a social media presence is almost a kiss of death because it's going to cause people to lose confidence in that company.

Ladies, which hp perfume avail at bb is the most fragrant, long-lasting, and strongest scent?  I feel like I have to purchase one, and I will, but the one I planned on (flirt), has a light scent, according to reviews.  

They are all described of under-whelming and light. I want to purchase an over-powering, strong perfume. Maybe I will get the flirt, after all- the notes sound interesting to me.

Just wondering - maybe they got hacked into pretty badly? I'm not computer savvy enough to know any better - but thought I would throw it out there.

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just wondering - maybe they got hacked into pretty badly? I'm not computer savvy enough to know any better - but thought I would throw it out there.
That was one of my first thoughts to however even if they were it wouldn't take THIS long (two plus weeks) to get everything situated. Companies typically have their sites hosted and the server hosts typically have backups so at most it would take a couple of days to fix things. If the domain name was swiped that would take longer. Also hackers love to leave their calling cards - it's how a hacker makes a name for her or himself and the site is just blank which is not an indication of a hacker at all.

That was one of my first thoughts to however even if they were it wouldn't take THIS long (two plus weeks) to get everything situated. Companies typically have their sites hosted and the server hosts typically have backups so at most it would take a couple of days to fix things. If the domain name was swiped that would take longer. Also hackers love to leave their calling cards - it's how a hacker makes a name for her or himself and the site is just blank which is not an indication of a hacker at all.
Plus that wouldn't explain the disappearance of Facebook.... 

I was able to reach the founders' son who told me what had happened. Due to the nature of it I won't go into details but part of what I was told via email was "legally we had to suspend both operations and communications until they work it out" and that "Harvey Prince operations are suspended temporarily". To avoid the gossip of what the legal matters are I will state it is of a personal nature and there are no outside contributing factors such as lawsuits from other companies or entities.

I was able to reach the founders' son who told me what had happened. Due to the nature of it I won't go into details but part of what I was told via email was "legally we had to suspend both operations and communications until they work it out" and that "Harvey Prince operations are suspended temporarily". To avoid the gossip of what the legal matters are I will state it is of a personal nature and there are no outside contributing factors such as lawsuits from other companies or entities.
Interesting. I hope they are able to work out whatever troubles they're having, their perfume is definitely some of my favorite.

Back