Harvey Prince out of business?????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be patient. Things will become clear within a few months until then be patient.

what a bummer! i really hope they get it straightened out! I got the Skinny Chic rollerball from BB and LOVE it! i really want to go back and buy the sampler set!!! Skinny Chic I think is long lasting.

Thank you, zad. I feel better knowing there is a chance thy will return. I wound up with the Eau flirt.  I purchased the large bottle, which I will probably need- it doesn't last long, according to reviews.

Does anyone know where the shop is in NYC?  I can't find it by googling, but if someone knows the address I can go there today and report back.  I hope they are not out of business!

Originally Posted by Musegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know where the shop is in NYC?  I can't find it by googling, but if someone knows the address I can go there today and report back.  I hope they are not out of business!
They're not out of business but their shop is currently closed due to personal matters.

I hope everything works out ok! My ageless perfume has become cloudy. I'd be sad if I couldn't buy another one.

I really hope they figure things out because I actually loved skinny chic even though I hate the name. I planned on buying the rollerball this month with my birchbox points... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

im glad they are coming back i looove them and i needed a blottle of hello anyway

heres the email i got back from birchbox

Hi Angela,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and I am so sorry for the trouble!

I have reached out to our Brand Manager who works directly with Harvey Prince, and I have some reassuring news. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is a quote from his email: "Company is temporarily closed but will be back up and running ASAP."

Once they are back up and running we will be getting in a lot more samples, and once again you will have the option to try a plethora of their amazing scents!

I wish I had more information to pass along to you, but this is all that we were told.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate replying to this email, or giving us a call at 877-487-7272 (9am-5pm EST| M-F).

Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Best,

Alexandra

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was able to reach the founders' son who told me what had happened. Due to the nature of it I won't go into details but part of what I was told via email was "legally we had to suspend both operations and communications until they work it out" and that "Harvey Prince operations are suspended temporarily". To avoid the gossip of what the legal matters are I will state it is of a personal nature and there are no outside contributing factors such as lawsuits from other companies or entities.
I thought the founders were two young brothers who developed the company for their Mom. I recall reading this on the website.

Using Google I found records of at least one lawsuit involving trademark infringement and false advertisement - and conflict regarding proper ownership of the company. I hope that whatever the issue is that they figure it out soon and return to business because I love their scents.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was able to reach the founders' son who told me what had happened. Due to the nature of it I won't go into details but part of what I was told via email was "legally we had to suspend both operations and communications until they work it out" and that "Harvey Prince operations are suspended temporarily". To avoid the gossip of what the legal matters are I will state it is of a personal nature and there are no outside contributing factors such as lawsuits from other companies or entities.
I thought the founders were two young brothers who developed the company for their Mom. I recall reading this on the website.

Using Google I found records of at least one lawsuit involving trademark infringement and false advertisement - and conflict regarding proper ownership of the company. I hope that whatever the issue is that they figure it out soon and return to business because I love their scents.

My mistake, I mis-wrote because I misread. The founders are indeed brothers the legal dispute involves the founders parents. Here is the email except I redacted a portion of it.

Thanks for the email. Unfortunately, Harvey Prince has been brought into a legal dispute between my parents (redacted) so legally we had to suspend both operations and communications until they work it out. I'm so sorry for the lack of communication and abrupt disappearance but I can't really comment any further. If you could let your members know that Harvey Prince operations are suspended temporarily due to an unfortunate legal dispute between the founders parents that would be most appreciated.

That is unfortunate, but I am satisfied to know they'll return.  I'm still happy I ordered the perfume- hp scents are unique, and not trendy or popular with the masses, which I love!

whatever it is i hope they work it out and the ones responsible for creating the brand and creating the scents comes out on top and keeps continuing!!!

so far i have smelled, hello, eau flirt, and skinny chic and i LOOOOVE all 3!!! i really really want to try the rest of the line soon in case they cant come to a conclusion and stop creating for whatever reason

anyone who has and samples of any of them  i am very willing to trade

or even if you could spritz a piece of paper and put into baggies and send to me LOL

like i said before i really NEVER wear perfume and since trying hello and eau flirt ive been obsessed and searching places like tj maxx marshalls, gordmans in case they get the perfumes in and they sell at a highly discounted amount

So just an FYI there's a website called Cleopatra's Choice http://www.cleopatraschoice.com/ that has some Harvey Prince fragrances.

I haven't had a spectacular experience with their site but it wasn't too bad. 

I placed two orders basically in a row and they must have missed the second one because I had to email/facebook them to get them to send out my second order. 

My first order was a gift set and Hello and I'm pretty happy with them. Unfortunately the 3 free samples they offer with purchases over $19 were never sent with my first order but I basically got what I wanted. 

Their website also seems to have some strange inconsistencies.

Long and short is that while we're all waiting we can get our fix there.

Hurry though, it looks like some of their stuff is selling out.

Originally Posted by punkinqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So just an FYI there's a website called Cleopatra's Choice http://www.cleopatraschoice.com/ that has some Harvey Prince fragrances.

I haven't had a spectacular experience with their site but it wasn't too bad. 

I placed two orders basically in a row and they must have missed the second one because I had to email/facebook them to get them to send out my second order. 

My first order was a gift set and Hello and I'm pretty happy with them. Unfortunately the 3 free samples they offer with purchases over $19 were never sent with my first order but I basically got what I wanted. 

Their website also seems to have some strange inconsistencies.

Long and short is that while we're all waiting we can get our fix there.

Hurry though, it looks like some of their stuff is selling out.
Thanks for the link! Snatched up some Skinny Chic - hopefully I get my samples too.

The Harvey Prince website looks like it is back up. Do you think they are accepting orders again? I've been wanting to try their stuff for a long time. 

The Harvey Prince website looks like it is back up. Do you think they are accepting orders again? I've been wanting to try their stuff for a long time. 
Hmmmm if the site it back up with items for sale, which it looks like it is, I'd say they are!

Just a heads up - you guys do know you can buy the mini rollerball "samples" and use a code to get it free and just pay shipping, right?

Code: try[put the name of the perfume here]

Ex: tryageless, tryflirt, etc...

Originally Posted by lilyelement /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a heads up - you guys do know you can buy the mini rollerball "samples" and use a code to get it free and just pay shipping, right?

Code: try[put the name of the perfume here]

Ex: tryageless, tryflirt, etc...

Bah, I placed an order for a few of them yesterday and didn't know this! Oh well, I know for the future now, I guess. Thanks for the tip! 

Back