Harvey Prince out of business?????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

tryhello didn't work T_T
Awww email them to see if they'll send you a code for it. They must have a different format for that one.

I just tried it for Flirt and it worked...only had to pay the $3.50 shipping with code "tryflirt".

Ha! I just noticed that they changed Skinny Chic to Eau de Lite.

I ordered the minis for Ageless, Flirt, and Hello yesterday, but I may want to try some of the others soon. I was just so happy that they seem to be up and running again that I couldn't wait. I'm just sad because $40 is a lot more than $10.50. 

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha! I just noticed that they changed Skinny Chic to Eau de Lite.
Oh wow I didn't even notice! Honestly I think that name fits the brand better anyway.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh wow I didn't even notice! Honestly I think that name fits the brand better anyway.
I agree! Skinny Chic just sounded odd.

I ended up ordering a mini of Eau de Lite, I loved the sample and I have a full size of Hello already, but I am really interested in trying Eau de Creme.

Actually, after looking at the website, I don't think Eau de Lite and Skinny Chic are the same, they each have different notes, it seems like EDL is more minty.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually, after looking at the website, I don't think Eau de Lite and Skinny Chic are the same, they each have different notes, it seems like EDL is more minty.
Ohhh, interesting! I did notice that Fling and Coupling have very similar notes, so it's probably the same for Skinny Chic and EDL.

They don't work on the same order--Ageless and Flirt just worked for me on separate orders and you can drop down shipping for slower shipping and pay 3.50 each :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

$6.50 was the cheapest shipping option available. Maybe I should've tried it on a computer, but I did it on my phone. I kept trying to change the shipping, but $6.50 was at the top and nothing cheaper showed up. I'm wondering if it worked for anybody else for multiples of Ageless. Did it accept your order for x number? Did your package arrive with x number of samples? Did you only get charged shipping? Did they cancel your order because you tried to order 15?

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$6.50 was the cheapest shipping option available. Maybe I should've tried it on a computer, but I did it on my phone. I kept trying to change the shipping, but $6.50 was at the top and nothing cheaper showed up. I'm wondering if it worked for anybody else for multiples of Ageless. Did it accept your order for x number? Did your package arrive with x number of samples? Did you only get charged shipping? Did they cancel your order because you tried to order 15?
I'm pretty sure it's for a single item sample per order. More than likely they will cancel if you order a ton.

So here's my question: Are the "samples" the same size as the mini roll ons? Because almost half the price for no difference is strange. I'd never bother with the more expensive one. Has anyone gotten one yet?

Originally Posted by punkinqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So here's my question: Are the "samples" the same size as the mini roll ons? Because almost half the price for no difference is strange. I'd never bother with the more expensive one. Has anyone gotten one yet?
They are, 8.8 ml, but the samples are listed as eau de toillette while the minis are listed as eau de parfum.

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by punkinqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are, 8.8 ml, but the samples are listed as eau de toillette while the minis are listed as eau de parfum.

Ah ok I see. Thanks!

Ah ok I see. Thanks!
I prefer eau de parfum. They have (usually) a higher concentration of the scent ingredients and they last longer. EDT's seem to evaporate (dry after applying) faster and don't last as long on me after drydown. Also, all of my rollerball EDT's are alcohol-based while the EDP's are oil-based. I don't know if this is common. I don't have any EDT and EDP from the same brand, so I don't know if everybody makes roll-on EDP's with oil and the EDT's with alcohol or what. I'm pretty sure with sprays the EDP's are always alcohol-based.

Back