Harvey Prince out of business?????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by punkinqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by punkinqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So here's my question: Are the "samples" the same size as the mini roll ons? Because almost half the price for no difference is strange. I'd never bother with the more expensive one. Has anyone gotten one yet?
They are, 8.8 ml, but the samples are listed as eau de toillette while the minis are listed as eau de parfum. Ah ok I see. Thanks! I prefer eau de parfum. They have (usually) a higher concentration of the scent ingredients and they last longer. EDT's seem to evaporate (dry after applying) faster and don't last as long on me after drydown. Also, all of my rollerball EDT's are alcohol-based while the EDP's are oil-based. I don't know if this is common. I don't have any EDT and EDP from the same brand, so I don't know if everybody makes roll-on EDP's with oil and the EDT's with alcohol or what. I'm pretty sure with sprays the EDP's are always alcohol-based.

So this is interesting: I checked my bottles and all the minis I have are EDP (or nothing is listed on them). The larger (50 ml) Eau Flirt I have is EDT. And I noticed that the type is not listed on any of the larger bottles on their website. Cleopatra's choice lists the larger bottles that they carry as EDT. That kind of irritates me because I wanted a larger eau de creme.

I placed an order 6 business days ago. My order status is blank, the phone number is always a fast busy signal and my order that should have been 3-5 days is not here. I emailed them and got no response. Has anyone else ordered and received their shipment since they went dark a while back?

Originally Posted by mrs-ocelot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I placed an order 6 business days ago. My order status is blank, the phone number is always a fast busy signal and my order that should have been 3-5 days is not here. I emailed them and got no response. Has anyone else ordered and received their shipment since they went dark a while back?
Same with me. It's been 7 days now with no response at all. If they don't answer my email, I guess I will have to dispute the charges. 

Oh lord, I haven't gotten any emails or anything, and my order status is blank too. I would dispute the charges but since it's $3.50 I don't really feel like dealing with CC stuff, I have no problem hounding the company though. 
icon_twisted.gif

Oh lord, I haven't gotten any emails or anything, and my order status is blank too. I would dispute the charges but since it's $3.50 I don't really feel like dealing with CC stuff, I have no problem hounding the company though. 
icon_twisted.gif
how do I dispute with a company I can't get a hold of!? I used PayPal, maybe they can help. Really bummed, love skinny chic and can't get it anywhere.

how do I dispute with a company I can't get a hold of!? I used PayPal, maybe they can help. Really bummed, love skinny chic and can't get it anywhere.
You can definitely file a paypal dispute for an item not received just tell them it's been however many days since you ordered and you haven't gotten any kind of shipping email and are unable to contact the company.

Makes me wish I had used paypal to pay for it.

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe they ship with the company Birchbox or Influenster uses and it takes 14 days to get a package that USPS by itself can deliver in 3 days. Just a thought.
They haven't even sent shipping notices or updated our order pages. That's why we are worried. 

I used Paypal as well. You can go to the details on your account page and start a dispute at the bottom of the page that comes up. 

I placed an order on the 10th of May. I was able to click on(orders) shipping info earlier and it said it shipped on the 13th via USPS. When I went back later to check that page did not come up. Strange. It also says that it can take up to 7 days to get your order but USPS 1st class or priority should take between 3 to 5 days. 

Originally Posted by PR Rosebud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I placed an order on the 10th of May. I was able to click on(orders) shipping info earlier and it said it shipped on the 13th via USPS. When I went back later to check that page did not come up. Strange. It also says that it can take up to 7 days to get your order but USPS 1st class or priority should take between 3 to 5 days. 
My order status and tracking sections are blank. At best, their communication is awful. 

Hi Everyone, I posted yesterday that i was having issues not receiving my order and that the customer service line was a constant fast busy signal. In an earlier post on this thread I found a direct line phone number. I called it this morning and finally got everything resolved. Apparently they had some issues with their ordering system. Who knows what is true but I spoke with a human being who found my order, sent it out today and threw in some samples for my order not shipping. He gave me his direct line and name to pass on to my "friends" who are also having issues, his name is Michael and his number is 973-837-8282. The other phone number is 973-638-1990, ask for customer service. Good luck everyone!

Hi Everyone, I posted yesterday that i was having issues not receiving my order and that the customer service line was a constant fast busy signal. In an earlier post on this thread I found a direct line phone number. I called it this morning and finally got everything resolved. Apparently they had some issues with their ordering system. Who knows what is true but I spoke with a human being who found my order, sent it out today and threw in some samples for my order not shipping. He gave me his direct line and name to pass on to my "friends" who are also having issues, his name is Michael and his number is 973-837-8282. The other phone number is 973-638-1990, ask for customer service. Good luck everyone!
Wonderful!! Thank you!

Well it looks like they've gotten it together. I hadn't even called them yet but I got a shipping confirmation!

Both of mine just shipped--no cancellation for ordering more than 1 sample.  I only tried 2, didn't want to push my luck.

Same here. Today is 6 days since I placed my order and the shipping e-mail just arrived. No tracking available yet. Considering I paid for 3-5 day shipping, I'm kinda ticked off. They charged me Saturday.

Both of mine just shipped--no cancellation for ordering more than 1 sample.  I only tried 2, didn't want to push my luck.

Just got my Eau de Lite mini today, along with a sample of Skinny Chic. The site listed them as having some different notes but they smell VERY similar to me (i was wanting something like skinny chic so this is perfect for me). Either way I'm happy with my $3.50 purchase!

I just got my order the other day. I had to call and they sent it out that day and threw in a little sample.

Back