How much are you willing to spend on a handbag?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most I've spent was about $300 on a Coach. Then I bought a wristlet and change purse to match so that was another $100 or so.

This is why I won't let myself get started with LV. I'd be so addicted. I'll stick with Coach, which for me is a guilty pleasure, but it is one that my wallet can recover from in far less time than it would take to recover from an LV purchase.

I can't say I'm not jealous though!

Hi,

The most I would go would be about $300. I must be honest tho', I am lemming the new Ralph Lauren blue croc handbag from their Black Label collection. It's about $3K.

Well, the max amount I can see myself spending is $100, but that's only if I *really* liked it and had the money for it. I'm not into credit cards, I will only use debit. College will put me in enough debt, I don't need a purse to sink me lower! If I had the disposable income to buy expensive purses, I would. But I don't, so the most I've ever spent was $50 on a Fossil purse (that was on sale 40% off). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

the most expensive bag i own is a louis vuitton clutch and that was approx. $900 CAD...so i guess it depends on the brand and material and how much i love it!

The most $ I've spent was $198 on a coach handbag. I guess I'll spend up to $400 if I really like the bag. A couple weeks ago, my friend's cousin and her mum spent $15,000 buying LV bags in downtown S.F. Wow, sucha LV freak!!! I will never ever spend so much $$$ buying bags !!!

$25 to $80

I bought this bag for my sister in law recently from gucci...it cost $85.00 so beyond my expectation.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When I was in England, long time ago, I brough a Burberry bag, and it was £300, and this was before all the hype of Burberry began. I love this bag still, and I don't think I'll spend money that again, if I can't afford it...

I would spend a decent amount on a handbag if i liked it and if it was worth it. I have my eye on a handbag at the moment and it's around £60.

I would say about $500. would be my limit for my current financial situation... and only if I loved the bag to pieces and had the money at the time.

Oddly enough, bags are the last thing I think about when I contemplate my fashion situation. I've never spent more than $20 personally, but my friend gave me a coach bag that I use every day. I want to get another coach bag, but I hate spending money, so I'll probably troll for a good deal on ebay. Oh, but in a more ideal financial situation, I would probably not spend over $300 for a bag.

This week I just paid $200.00 for a Dooney and Bourke. That was my first bag I've ever got that cost that much. I normally get walmart bags. I got the Bumble Bee purse and Wristlet!!

The most I've ever spent was $150.00. If you tell my husband that I'll deny it!!

I love bags so much (bag addiction over here!), but I also have severe commitment issues with my bags. I have an entire walk-in closet that consists of just bags (with some shoes). It's pretty sick, so I try to keep the door shut at all times. There are about 20 or so bags in there that my mom refers to as my "one night stands" because I only used them once. LOL I rarely use the same bag for more than 2 or 3 days at a time. So, with that in mind, I don't think I would ever want to spend more than $100 on a bag. Most of the bags in my closet are in the $15-$40 range. However, I could see myself falling in love with a truly divine $800 bag and buying it... but regretting it the next day. LOL

With my current salary, $200 is my limit right now. But later, $1000 would be my limit.

Back