How much are you willing to spend on a handbag?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh. These threads make me realize what a waste I am when in comes to saving money. All I do is impulse buy. When I was in Italy I got amazing deals on bags. I got a Fendi bag that was 1700 euros for like 400 euro (which is like 475 american dollars I think) I bought my mom a Gucci that was 800 euro for like 400 euro. I also bought myself a gucci bag that was 450 euro. It was all so worth it though, because the purses here would be well over a thousand dollars each. I bought about 6 Coach purses over time, and a dooney and bourke. Coach is my favorite... my cousin is a shoe designer for Coach and vice president of the whole company. A few years ago he sent my mom a box filled with the whole shoe line for that year. I didn't get any, but I would wear hers. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I never spent more than $40 on a bag.

I was against buying expensive ones in High School. But my taste has turned to quality in products.

I really would love a designer bag. Thankfully, my co-worker sells them on the side & could hook me up with discounts on real and imitations kind.

Just can't decide yet...

A Juicy bag tho, would be my ultimate spurlge. I'll wait for a sugar daddy. Haha.

I buy my bags at Ross, the one I am using currently is Tommy Hilfiger. I also love the Guess and xoxo purses they have there. The most I would spend would be about $100. And that's even too much for me, even though I LOVE handbags.

well i've found MY bag and my mom's going to buy it for me this week, so it's 50 euros. i think it's enough for a good solid bag. i tend to use always the same so i guess i could spend a bit more money for it.

Gosh, the most I have ever spent on a bag was $750. I had major buyer's remorse for about 2 weeks after. I felt like I got caught up in the whole label craze...(It was LV), but I seriously love this purse. It's a different style than the typical knock- offs and I use it everyday unless I am on vacation (especially if it's somewhere tropical). My mother had one in the 70's and I still have her vintage wallet.

I know I will use this purse for many yrs- it is holding up wonderfully. Who knows, one day it may be my daughter's. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

when I going wild and crazy with a bag, I will buy it no matter how much it is.

If I didn't have any other immediate bills, up to $1,000 dollars, but then again, I don't have kids, or any other major-major responsibilities right now.

$4.00. Call me a cheapo or whatever you want but there are some good bags at thriftsores that function better than the 3947$ bags. So..why not? I might increase a bit and go up to $10.00 but thats if I am feeling pretty pretty pretty good and wasteful that day.

I can't say but the most that I've ever spent on a handbag was $860

and that was to match Fendi shoes that my husband had purchased.

Depends on the bag. If I really want it and I know I will use it, not just for the purpose of saying "I have a desginer bag". Then I'll splurge and buy it. I'm not giving myself a limit :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

At the moment, only about $20 (Mossimo from Target are cute and cheap), but when we have more money and less bills, I'll probably buy a Coach for about $200 and feel okay about it!!

Yeah, definitely like the expensive Chanels so Im going to have to go with $1300. I mean, if it depends on my money situation at the time but I would gladly spend half my months income on a handbag. Ouchie, its an expensive obsession.

Unfortunately for my husband, I have no limit. I'm slowly easing him into a Birkin. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My current desire is a Fendi Fortuny Spy which retails for $2400. The most I've spent, or rather my hubby has spent, is $1600 and that was for a "Pre-Loved" Chloe Paddington (Limited Edition Las Vegas...only 50 were made.)

Back