How often do you straighten???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing that some of you gals here straighten daily, I'm gonna be naughty and try and see if my hair will survive if I do it more often. :icon_chee

I usually go natural (curly) but my hairdresser screwed up my 'do so I have to wear my hair straight until it grows out.

I straighten 2x a week, 3x max with my hairdryer and Chi.

I used almond oil, CK curl keeper, Chi Silk infusion and sebastian potion 9.

I straighten almost every day unless I skip showering, lol... It has caused damage but not too much to keep myself from continuing straightening everyday

I only straighten my hair when I actually wake up early enough to ... which is maybe once or twice a week, lol

The other days I leave it wavy and put it in a ponytail -- I've never been able to figure out how to blowdry my hair and wear it down, it's always poofy, and the ends always curl in weird directions no matter how much I try to fix them with a round brush!

I use L'Oreal Hot Straight before blowdrying or flat ironing my hair. It works great, and even is a good anti-static product! Without product, my fine hair is so full of static it won't even stay in the flat iron, it just flies away -- but with the Hot Straight, there's no static and it keeps my hair healthier! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If I didn;t think it would fry my hair, I would do it every day! My hair is fairly straight already, but I love that extra sleek look you get with a flat iron!

I have curly, nappy hair. So I do it once of twice a week.

And I don't use a flat iron because I noticed how more damaged my hair looked after using it - so I use a round blowdryer from conair. Makes my hair smooth as hell.

And I just use this leave-in hair conditioner. I dont know the name - all I know is that it's green and thick...

Ooh!!! Do share! What do you mean by a round blowdryer?????? Never seen it before!

Also, Any idea what that conditioner is????

I straighten quite often throughout the week, I switch it up between my flat iron (I also have a GHD btw :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) and my hairdryer with a round brush. As long as you use a good heat defence product before hand, you'll be alright. Also, a good glossing spray afterwoods makes your hair look fabulous!

VintageGardinia - At the moment I am using a heat defence spray by Indola, it's in their designer range and it's called Heat Defence Thermal Protector, you can get it at priceline for around $20 or so. It has a really fine mist when you spray it and it smells divine. Also, check out this website Hair Care Online | Hair Care Products | Hair Straightener - they have a huge range of hair products by well known brands such as Tigi, Goldwell, Paul Mitchell etc. Tigi heat protection products are great, you might want to check them out, hope all that helps you a little :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

during the week if i'm going somewhere and wake up early i'll straighten my hair but if i wake up late i'll just do my bangs. but i always straighten my hair on fridays and saturdays. I love my CHI

Can you tell me what makes the CHI better than other flat irons? I have yet to get this question answered! Dying to know!

I have 2 FHI flat irons if different sizes and together with my CHI Silk Infusion, I can have flat hair every day. Otherwise, I would look like that chick with the triangle hair in the Dilbert cartoons.

i wash it about twice a week and straighten it maybe twice between washes, i find if you do a good job it will stay good , and i have naturaly curly hair

I think Chi is better than other flat irons because it has been out in the market for a quite a while. It has been tried and tested and no matter how many other newer ceramic flat irons come out, the majority of people stick/go to CHI. Plus, the original CHI is one of the hottest, fastest heating irons out there. You only need to run your iron through your hair once and it's straight as a board.

3 or 4 times a week. I have natural curly (frizzy) hair so unless i take the time to put spray in conditioners; gels, etc... I just straighten it because it seems faster.

where did you get the conair? I looked on their site but didn't see anything like that. I would love to use that instead of my ceramic straightener.

Back