How often do you straighten???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have naturally wavey hair so I straighten mine about 2 or 3 times a week. Depending on if I'm feeling curling or not.

I find by using my brush hair dryer, I can adjust the heat and use it on damp or dry hair to straighten my hair or just touch it up. And the best thing is that it doesn't damage your hair.

Shar

i use GHD's, when i do it last until the next wash!

but now that i know to blow dry my hair straight i dont use them as much

My hair is naturally straight but not to the point that its STICK straight. I tried straightening it more straight once and it turned out wavy. I never straightened my hair again. But I use L'oreal HOT straight if I want a sleek look. I also use Architects Wax by L'oreal. Check out their site!

-Anna-

I don't blow dry my hair. It is straight with a bit of wave.

If I have something special, I will wash my hair the night before and let dry naturally overnight. In the morning I apply a protectant like VO5 Miracle Mist and use my CHI Turbo 2" flat iron on med-low.

I would say that I do that once every week or two.

just once a week---

i used to do it 2-3 times a week n it damaged my hair way too much....

i reduce it to just once when i go out and added some extra hair treatments to my routine...much better

I always wanted straight hair and to be blond when I was growing up:( I got just the opposite ( curly and red headed)and my brother got the blond hair:(

Shar

Right now, I don't flat iron my hair that much. I want my hair to take a break from the flat iron.

I normally wash my hair every other day then I blow dry it then either I straighten it with my chi ceramic flat iron or curl it with my fhi curling iron.

Lately, I have been straightening my hair with my chi flat iron... then the following day, I would curl it with my curling iron.... for a different look.

A few months ago I was doing it 3 times a week, and then when school stopped, I kinda stopped straightening my hair as much, and now I only really do it about once or twice a month.

I used to straighten my hair everytime after washing it, I have naturally curly/wavy hair. So probably somewhere between 3-5 times a week! Really bad. Lately though I've been kinder to my hair and air dry it most of the time. I straighten it about once every two weeks now. I recently went very blonde and am under direct orders by my stylist to not straighten my hair for at least a month.

I've been straightening everyday, just sick of having messy hair. I'm prepared for the damage so I'll see what my hair is like a few months down the track. :blink:

hmm, if you have to time to straighten everyday, you should! haha. i wish i had the time! but try using heat protectant hair products, which you put in your hair after your shower, so that your hair is protected from the heat of your hair dryer/curler/straightner, and all those things.

I straighten mine about 2-3 times a week. It's very frizzy and wavy and in the Georgia heat, it's even worse! I usually wash it every other day so that I don't have to spend forever every morning with my iron.

I shower everyday, I just don't wash my hair each time since it's kind of dry anyway just to clear that up. I don't want you all thinking I'm stinky! LOL

i also using a ceramic flat iron and straighten everyday.. unfortunately, my hair is damage, but only at the ending

Back