Huge rave for Prescriptives Flawless Skin Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Laura--girl geek is right--I actually have only once bought a foundation I had never before used--always before I just kept RE-purchasing Prescriptives, because taking the chance, on onscreen shade alone,is a big risk. Still,I can say Prescriptives is pretty good about color--just right now I matched my shade to the depiction on our other computer,and it really is pretty close--which is nice to see. Anyway,good luck with everything.I think Mary Ellen has some really good advice about the foundation. Everyone is so helpful!

Originally Posted by SierraWren I have very pale skin, and some brands I adore(Este Lauder, Clinique, etc.) don't even make light enough foundation shades for me.
icon_cry.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
Don't worry, I am the same way!
biggrin.gif
Clinique is too dark for me, along with some others I've tried. I used to wear Prescriptives but now there is no counter in town so I switched. Their Traceless foundation in Level 1 matched my skin, but was so sheer that I didn't like it. However, the Traceless didn't use their colored undertones system the other products do so I don't know what I would be in Flawless (though I would guess Yellow/Orange). I used to wear a concealor in Yellow/Orange but it was a little bit too dark or too orange for me so I am hesitant to try the lightest Y/O Flawless without trying a sample first.... The foundation I am using (L'Oreal Mattique) matches my skin great, but I wouldn't mind something a little more long-lasting! I doubt I will be driving to the closest large city anytime soon to find a counter, but maybe after I graduate in December we will be living in a city big enough to have more of a selection -- it all depends on where we can get jobs!
biggrin.gif
But I would love to try this sometime -- even if it is too matte like some girls complain, I would much rather be too matte than too oily and shiny like I am now!

Thanks for the replies girls.. I think i'll email their customer service dept and maybe they can suggest a shade for me. If not, then my sister is always one shade darker than me in foundations so she can check out her match and get a shade lighter. I'm sure it wont be out all that much

Hi. I'm sorry, but I have no idea what LEMING means or why you are addressing me...I feel sort of defensive and puzzled...I've only even posted, like, three or 4 times so far, all about pretty neutral things. Please clue me in: what did I say wrong?

--SierraWren

icon_smile.gif
Hi SierraWren, it isn't a bad word. It means she reads all the good things abouth the products and she wants to buy it too
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by SierraWren Hi. I'm sorry, but I have no idea what LEMING means or why you are addressing me...I feel sort of defensive and puzzled...I've only even posted, like, three or 4 times so far, all about pretty neutral things. Please clue me in: what did I say wrong?--SierraWren

SierraWarren, a lemming is when you want something really really bad
biggrin.gif

Hi Laura & Lila--Thanks for translating for me!(The "lemming.")I was really mystified!

And oh how I have PMd Trisha. Lucky me - she hasn't thrown anything at me just yet!

BTW welcome SierraWren!!! And these ladies will create a ton more lemmings for u as they have for me!

Originally Posted by SierraWren Hi--Good point! Actually, come to think of it, I have NEVER bought a foundation online that I have not already used(or at least used the same brand's exact shade, even though the formula may have been slightly different--)I'm talking about Prescrptives, specifically,actually--I have very pale skin, and some brands I adore(Este Lauder, Clinique, etc.) don't even make light enough foundation shades for me.
icon_cry.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
So I'm fairly faithful(or resigned)to Prescriptives.The reasons I would and have done it, though, ONCE, is that I really dislike department stores(I'm prone to these absurd but awful anxiety attacks in them).undertones and everything looked similar to my skin. -- I am the exact same way. I am so pale no department store foundation matches my skin. I have to buy drugstore, the lightest shade. I may have to try Prescriptives, since I can see it on me before purchase rather than buy 10 shades at the drugstore that dont match. I also get really nervous at makeup counters, I feel like they will pressure me, which they do most times, but I just get what I want, not what they say. I wish I could just go and look at shades without the lady or man bothering me unless I need help.

My girlfriend just tried the Px Flawless Skin, and she's raving about it.

I have a problem matching makeup to my skintone, too. I'm pale (obviously), and the "experts" at the counters always insist I buy some darker redbased foundation, because my cheeks are pretty flushed, and when I step out in natural lighting it looks like I'm wearing a pink mask. So, now, I generally avoid buying my makeup at the counter altogether, because it's so uncomfortable to get their assistance, then shell out 40 dollars for a foundation I won't wear. I just buy the second lightest neutral shade I can find online, and it generally works out.

Originally Posted by XOffendr My girlfriend just tried the Px Flawless Skin, and she's raving about it.
I have a problem matching makeup to my skintone, too. I'm pale (obviously), and the "experts" at the counters always insist I buy some darker redbased foundation, because my cheeks are pretty flushed, and when I step out in natural lighting it looks like I'm wearing a pink mask. So, now, I generally avoid buying my makeup at the counter altogether, because it's so uncomfortable to get their assistance, then shell out 40 dollars for a foundation I won't wear. I just buy the second lightest neutral shade I can find online, and it generally works out.

see what they color math you to and ask for a sample so you can see how it works on you later on.

That's a good idea. I've never thought of doing that. Thanks for the suggestion...

wow this sounds like it could be what im looking for! does anyone know if its available in the UK?

Aw lucky, I tried it but they wouldn't give me a sample. They did get a match this time though. I'm waiting for my color to get back in stock

Ohboy I hate to say this, because I wanted to like this soooo bad! I love other prescriptives items I have like the MAGIC ones, but for some reason this foundation did nothing for me! I have oily skin in the T zone and it just didn't seem to last long and slid right off in a short time! Luckily I where I bought it, (Marshall Fields) they let me return it because I wouldn't have been a happy camper! I did like the Virtual Matt pressed power I bought at the same time however! And the saleslady informed me I am a "cool" foundation color so that helped me immensely!!

This may be a dumb question, but is prescriptives a mineral type foundation, or is it just normal?

I know it as normal.

Originally Posted by spice7 This may be a dumb question, but is prescriptives a mineral type foundation, or is it just normal?

i haven't tried it yet. but not everything works on everyone since everyone has different skin and what they like.

Originally Posted by spice7 This may be a dumb question, but is prescriptives a mineral type foundation, or is it just normal? Prescriptives is not a mineral foundation, but all their products (or at least the face products) are noncomedogenic (won't clog pores) and I believe hypoallergenic. It was the only brand my dermatologist let me wear, but I have since found some drugstore face products that don't break me out either.

Back