Huge rave for Prescriptives Flawless Skin Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to try this foundation. Does anyone know what color would be closest to MAC NC30?

well i went there today and got colour matched and let me just say that what everyones been saying about this foundation is true. it stayed on all day, and it looked as if i just put it on! i didnt even get oily, and with my old foundation i got oily before leaving the house! its great, feels light, and it really does make your skin look flawless. im a cream 02
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa I really want to try this foundation. Does anyone know what color would be closest to MAC NC30? I just posted a thread on this but I thought I'd put it here too. I went in looking for this foundation and could not find an exact color match. I ended up getting the Custom Blend Foundation and the MUA told me it is the same as the Flawless except it is custom made for those that don't find an exact match. Its more pricey but works really well.

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel I just posted a thread on this but I thought I'd put it here too. I went in looking for this foundation and could not find an exact color match. I ended up getting the Custom Blend Foundation and the MUA told me it is the same as the Flawless except it is custom made for those that don't find an exact match. Its more pricey but works really well. Thanx for the reply. I'll have to check this out.

Ok guys. I am desperate for help, he he. I am 2 hours away (with a 3 year old daughter at home with me) from a store that sells prescriptives. Therefore unable to get a match for a foundation. I need your help in picking a color for the Flawless line.

In Clinique I wear: 05 Nuetral Superfit Foundation, and 08 Stay Nuetral Stay True Matte Foundation

In Lancome I wear: Bisque 0 Tiente Idole Foundation

I guess I'm light/medium skin tone.

Anyone????

My recomendation would be to go to Prescriptives.com online and look at all the shades they have under "Flawless Skin Foundation"(they have 30) and find which one seems to most closely match you own skin tone or current brand of foundation color. I have bought foundation from prescriptives like this (online, without seeing the actual foundation color first)and it did work out for me...Btw, I think you've made a really great choice with trying this foundation, it's my HG of foundations now, I love it; would never try anything else! Good luck!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by SierraWren My recomendation would be to go to Prescriptives.com online and look at all the shades they have under "Flawless Skin Foundation"(they have 30) and find which one seems to most closely match you own skin tone or current brand of foundation color. I have bought foundation from prescriptives like this (online, without seeing the actual foundation color first)and it did work out for me...Btw, I think you've made a really great choice with trying this foundation, it's my HG of foundations now, I love it; would never try anything else! Good luck!
icon_biggrin.gif
Oh wow, that is risky, colors are often not true at all on my screen (or any other screen I look at)! I've looked at eyeshadows online that were a totally different color in real life, so I would NEVER buy foundation online without seeing it in real life first!
However, since you can samples in the store, I wonder if you could email someone and ask for a few samples to be mailed to you? I have never tried that so I don't know if they will!

maybe email them and tell them to give you some shade recommendations. and if you buy it, see if it's returnable by mail.

Guys, Thank you! I just wanted to update you. I just got back from Marshall Fields after getting my color for prescriptives foundation. After getting lost, yes lost - being 2 hours away and not knowing where I was, I was almost crying when I walked into the department store. THEN, I ended up having a pretty bad experience, the person at the counter was NOT knowledgeable, but I had to try it out and let her TRY. So I was hesitant, but, to my surprise, she did ok! I came home with 2 samples. I immediately washed my face and put one on one side and one on the other side to see which one looked better. I found a perfect one. Actually I am going with the Virtual Matte - seems to work better for my skin, I will see as the hours go by (I have extremely oily skin). I also loved the Flawless - and we found a good color also. I will try that sample on tomorrow and see how I like it (after having it on a few hours - tomorrow). It always takes me some time to see if I like a foundation or not.

Oh and as soon as I put on the Virtual Matte...I thought to myself, what the heck is this stuff it covers EVERYTHING. I almost had to tame it down a bit - usually never have that happen (some imperfections I have to cover).

But just wanted to thank you all.

Oh and quick, I saw on here about the swapping. I have a whole bunch of brand new sample of different items for swap, but how do you swap, how do you know or guess what someone else would swap for. I know I can look and see what their "wish" is, but how - do I just guess and ask if they want to swap. Sorry to ask this in this post.

Thank you MuT for all the help! I love this site - my husband thinks I'm nuts but makeup is so fun, especially when you find something that works!

Originally Posted by wafflebox Wow you're so lucky! I LOVED Flawless and everything about it, but the only thign was that even the Y/O shades looked too beige on me =(! That would definitely be my HG foundation if I had a color match. Maybe it was the SA's fault... yours took longer but mine took like, a couple of seconds.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Oh I had the same problem!!! I had a girl do a "colorprint" on me and she kept insisting that my PERFECT MATCH was a yellow or yellow/orange, something like that, and it made me look sick and sallow. I was a makeup artist and kept telling her that the colors she had on me made me look unhealthy and sickly, but she kept saying, Oh no, according to your color print, that is your color. WELL... I had been working as an artist for all the other top lines and I and the other girls all looked so fresh and healthy and pretty, and that is what I had learned to do, so I didn't bother with her "color print". In fact my husband was there and said, "Do you LIKE those colors? So you think they look GOOD?" RED ALERT! Sometime later, I was asked by Prescriptives to do an event for them and they had me go through their color print training. I also noticed how many of the MAs had that sickly yellow look and not the beautiful look that Chanel, Lancome, Estee L, Clinique and the others had. By myself I realized that it matters WHERE they do the color print. I turned out to be a red/orange which looked SO much prettier and healthier and my skin was glowing. A lot of people are sallow far down along their jawbone (where so many of them do the color print), but the rest of their face has color. If you can't get someone to do it right, look at colors yourself that look close to your skin,
icon_wink.gif
pick a color that looks good on you and blends with your coloring and neck and get IT and NOT the one the MA says. I highly doubt she will refuse to sell you the one you want and that looks better on you, and if she does, take down the name of the color and go to another counter and ask someone to get that color for you. I'm sorry you didn't get a good color, sometimes the MA is not familiar with all the variations in skin or may just not want to take the time. But you deserve to have your service done properly, have the time taken to do it right, and have the product you want in YOUR most flattering color. Give it a try again and this time, YOU be the expert on your skin color. As long as you don't look like your face doesn't match the rest of you and it blends into your coloring and you look natural, I think you have it. Bring a friend just to be sure (an HONEST one!) and enjoy your new foundation!
icon_lol.gif
Chermarie

yeah. people try to color match on the jaw line and then try to match your face to your neck. but they're usually not the same color. your neck doesn't get as much sun as your face, so you have different colors.

Ater getting off the phone with a Prescriptives Rep, here is what we figured out. First this is what I was sent home with (samples): Flawless: Ivory, Virtual Matte: Fresh Bisque - now look at these and they are way off, even if you try to match them. One is light and one is dark. Trying them on, well one was way to light and one too dark. Looked dead with one and with the too dark, looked like someone tried to fake tan me.

After a very long talk with a rep on the phone we found what I HOPE is correct for me. We both were able to figure what my equal would be in the Clinique line (since I know my color in clinique - and the clinique color is perfect - color wise). Yes the color is perfect in clinique, but I was looking for a better performance in a make up. So this is what we got:

Clinique Superfit: Neutral 05, therefore in Flawless we found the Beige would work the best (we both HOPE)

Clinique Matte: Stay Neutral 08, therefore in Virtual Mate we found the Fresh Beige would work best (again we HOPE)!

I can't wait to get them (I ordered them, they said if they didn't work I could return). I want to see the "glow" so they say with prescriptives foundation.

Does anyone else get this excited about stuff like this? And why am I so impatient? Anyhow, maybe I will get the stuff before Thanksgiving. Oh and I was told to try and take the too SAMPLES I got and mix them and maybe that will tide me over until I get the right stuff (since one color is too light and one too dark).

Originally Posted by kwitter Oh and quick, I saw on here about the swapping. I have a whole bunch of brand new sample of different items for swap, but how do you swap, how do you know or guess what someone else would swap for. I know I can look and see what their "wish" is, but how - do I just guess and ask if they want to swap. Sorry to ask this in this post. Kwitter & Sparkly, check out THIS for swapping guidelines & rules! And i'd also recommend checking out THIS thread in the How do i forum, it tells you how to list your swap items!

Originally Posted by truthseeker In fact my husband was there and said, "Do you LIKE those colors? So you think they look GOOD?" RED ALERT! LOL. Yeah if a man had to say it, whoah wrong color alert! And an untrained man, not a MUA guy or a guy that wears it
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I have gotten some weird color matches at different MU line counters, they obviously cant see that I am too pale for most of their foundations, or try to make me look orange. I want to try Prescriptives though, b/c I just cant find a really good color match anywhere. But I can tell what works by looking at a color, usually.

Originally Posted by kwitter Ater getting off the phone with a Prescriptives Rep, here is what we figured out. First this is what I was sent home with (samples): Flawless: Ivory, Virtual Matte: Fresh Bisque - now look at these and they are way off, even if you try to match them. One is light and one is dark. Trying them on, well one was way to light and one too dark. Looked dead with one and with the too dark, looked like someone tried to fake tan me.
After a very long talk with a rep on the phone we found what I HOPE is correct for me. We both were able to figure what my equal would be in the Clinique line (since I know my color in clinique - and the clinique color is perfect - color wise). Yes the color is perfect in clinique, but I was looking for a better performance in a make up. So this is what we got:

Clinique Superfit: Neutral 05, therefore in Flawless we found the Beige would work the best (we both HOPE)

Clinique Matte: Stay Neutral 08, therefore in Virtual Mate we found the Fresh Beige would work best (again we HOPE)!

I can't wait to get them (I ordered them, they said if they didn't work I could return). I want to see the "glow" so they say with prescriptives foundation.

Does anyone else get this excited about stuff like this? And why am I so impatient? Anyhow, maybe I will get the stuff before Thanksgiving. Oh and I was told to try and take the too SAMPLES I got and mix them and maybe that will tide me over until I get the right stuff (since one color is too light and one too dark).

icon_eek.gif
Wow! you poor thing! You really had to WORK at that!! It is a good thing that you had a line that you knew was a perect match so you could at least have something to use as a guidline. I really hope that one of those works for you, but if it doesn't, there is an option if you REALLY, REALLY LOVE one of those makeups and find it to be your HG and don't want to be with out it. I had ladies that fit in between colors and what they did (but it is EXPENSIVE so you may need to plan for it) is find the two colors that were closest but not quite right alone and mix them. If you got a good mix, (and MAKE SURE to right down the ratio of what you mix, like 1 part of beige to 2 parts cream or what ever, so you have the perfect "recipe") then buy those two (even if you have to wait a bit to buy the second one and "fake it" with the one that works best), and make your mix in an empty bottle so the others stay fresh for the next batch. Then just use your perfect mixed bottle and you have your custom color in the formula YOU want. What is good is after the initial purchase, you usually run out of one sooner than the other so your next purchase is always staggered and you don't have to buy the two at once again. Just make sure you write your secret recipe down and get the measurements of how much to use of each color. YOU become your OWN custom blend artist! AND you get the perfect color in your perfect formula! That way you don't settle for a fake tan look or looking like a corpse! After the initial purchase the cost equals out to about the same as normal use of one foundation.
claps.gif
I hope this helps you! I know these things get EXPENSIVE but if it is the one you love and it works out well it might be worth it for you. Good Luck!:icon_love Chermarie, OH! and YES you are not the only one that gets excited about these things! I worked as a makeup artist for almost 20 years and I have the product stash to show for it! And STILL anytime I hear of anything new or great, I HAVE to try it!! What can I say, if I get cut, I probably bleed cosmetics!
icon_redface.gif
haha!

Originally Posted by dixiewolf LOL. Yeah if a man had to say it, whoah wrong color alert! And an untrained man, not a MUA guy or a guy that wears it
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I have gotten some weird color matches at different MU line counters, they obviously cant see that I am too pale for most of their foundations, or try to make me look orange. I want to try Prescriptives though, b/c I just cant find a really good color match anywhere. But I can tell what works by looking at a color, usually.
icon_lol.gif
REALLY!!!!LOL You should have seen the expression on my husbands face when he asked that! He was used to seeing me in "pretty" makeup and he just kept kind of looking at me with a strange expression and looking confused. HAHAHA! I am pale too but I have a warm, kind of peachy, french vanilla color going, if that make ANY sense at all?? But one thing to remember is that for some UNKNOWN reason, after years of requesting change (!), MOST stores do NOT have good or daylight lighting so you get a color that looks good at the counter and then, you hit the daylight and EEEEKK!, like you said the "dreaded orange" ! or PINK! Just make sure to bring a mirror in your bag that shows your WHOLE face and go out the door and check it in the daylight to make sure it looks natural and matches. It is the ONLY way to know what you are going to look like in "real life" wearing the colors they put on you. I always had women complaining saying, "I can't see very much color, it looks like nothing" Then I took them outside. And they loved it. They then realized how much makeup you have to put on and how dark to make it show up under those bad lights in cosmetics! They thanked me, especially after seeing some other women leave in the elevator with them and see them in daylight! SCARY! So be sure they take the TIME and put the placement on the face (not far down on the jawbone/neck) and GO OUTSIDE! You will be sure to get something that is just right for you. Pale skin can be tricky so don't get discouraged and once you find someone who does what you need and you like working with, HANG ON TO THEM! Get a good working relationship with them, even check in to say HI and see what's new, maybe remember them with a card and some little sweet gesture at holidays. Trust me, if they are good, they will be sure to set aside YOUR colors for you, let you know of special promotions, keep track of stuff you might like and more. They can be the best friend a girl can have!
claps.gif
Have FUN and I hope you find what you need and get a good MA! :icon_love Chermarie

Originally Posted by kwitter Guys, Thank you! I just wanted to update you. I just got back from Marshall Fields after getting my color for prescriptives foundation. After getting lost, yes lost - being 2 hours away and not knowing where I was, I was almost crying when I walked into the department store. THEN, I ended up having a pretty bad experience, the person at the counter was NOT knowledgeable, but I had to try it out and let her TRY. So I was hesitant, but, to my surprise, she did ok! I came home with 2 samples. I immediately washed my face and put one on one side and one on the other side to see which one looked better. I found a perfect one. Actually I am going with the Virtual Matte - seems to work better for my skin, I will see as the hours go by (I have extremely oily skin). I also loved the Flawless - and we found a good color also. I will try that sample on tomorrow and see how I like it (after having it on a few hours - tomorrow). It always takes me some time to see if I like a foundation or not.
Oh and as soon as I put on the Virtual Matte...I thought to myself, what the heck is this stuff it covers EVERYTHING. I almost had to tame it down a bit - usually never have that happen (some imperfections I have to cover).

But just wanted to thank you all.

Oh and quick, I saw on here about the swapping. I have a whole bunch of brand new sample of different items for swap, but how do you swap, how do you know or guess what someone else would swap for. I know I can look and see what their "wish" is, but how - do I just guess and ask if they want to swap. Sorry to ask this in this post.

Thank you MuT for all the help! I love this site - my husband thinks I'm nuts but makeup is so fun, especially when you find something that works!

claps.gif
Hi Kwitter! Cute name! I am new to this too (about 3 weeks or so now), but I am the type that never reads instructions but does hands on learning so I just jumped in and started reading and posting and learning. I agree, makeup is MAJOR FUN!!! and the best part is that we are all here with the same interests..did I say interest? I mean OBESESSION hahaha! I don't know a lot about swapping or CP' s or any of the things I see sometimes but I am learning SLOWLY, so don't feel alone! Plus, the MUT-ters are all really great at giving out info on all the stuff that we don't know yet. It is SUCH great fun! I look forward to signing on all EVERY TIME! THANKS for the great post on the Flawless and the Virtual makeups. GREAT info! So the Virtual covers EVERYTHING!????? WOW! I usually use mineral but there are times I have to use something with more cover and fits other needs so I will definitely try that one. I wonder if it will cover legs! I am a major klutz and am ALWAYS running into something. H-mmm...I will have to see. Anyway, I am glad you posted your experience, it helps the rest of us so we can see if it is for us. Everyone here is SO great! They share and answer questions and it is like having a whole world full of sisters to talk to ! Thanks to ALL wonderful people on MUT, you all make it feel like we are all family. Much love and thanks!:icon_love Chermarie

Originally Posted by Laura Right girls, i need some help. Prescriptives isn't available in Ireland but my sister is going to the US in a few weeks and i'm gonna get her to get this for me. I dont know which shade i'd use though. Can anyone suggest one for me? Here's what i use in other foundation
Lancome Adaptive 02

Estee Lauder DoubleWear in Fresco

Bare Minerals 2.3

icon_biggrin.gif
Hi Laura! I am a recent joiner of MUT and I can't tell you how much I love the site and all the great people! Such FUN! Anyway, I was addressing your wanting to try to get a color of the prescriptives...Maybe you could spare a small bit of your regular foundation in a small bottle or jar that she can easily get some out of to try to match the color of yours with the sample bottles at the counter? Just in case there is a difference in the colors or names in the US products from ones that you use. Have her try a bit on her skin and then put a bit of yours next to it to see if it matches and since she probably has skin similar to yours, she can see if it does any strange, major color changes on the skin. It may help you get a color that will match. I hope that it works. It was just a thought and has worked for me in a pinch. Good luck on finding a good match! I hope I was able to get this to you before she left so you could try it! Take Care!:icon_love Chermarie

Hey that is a lot of good advice Chermarie! Taking my foundation is a good idea, I dont know why I didnt think of that. The one I use matches perfect, just dont really like it (its drugstore, I am used to drugstore but this one I dont care for). I have had samples I took home that matched really well, but I didnt like those formulas. But I have had to tell people when looking at what they picked that it was way too dark. Before they attempted to put it on. I mean like 5 shades too dark. Maybe they have been in the dept store lights all day and cant tell, I dont know.

Originally Posted by kwitter Guys, Thank you! I just wanted to update you. I just got back from Marshall Fields after getting my color for prescriptives foundation. After getting lost, yes lost - being 2 hours away and not knowing where I was, I was almost crying when I walked into the department store. Oh, its ok I am the same way. I have zero direction sense, if I didnt live in a small city/town, not sure what it now now b/c its growing so fast, I would be lost all the time, I get lost here sometimes. I get turned around in stores and stuff too. People think its funny, especially my boyfriend b/c he has to turn me around in the other direction at the movies b/c I try to go out the wrong exit. Its b/c I dont pay attention pretty much.
icon_lol.gif

Back