I Am Shocked! EDM vs BE

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow.I wanna try EM also.Those liquid foundation always cause bump and breakout on my skin. I will order the sample...it´s free..yeyyy

Originally Posted by Cool Kitten damn, you guys are creating a serious lemming for me, and i still have an almost full bottle of liquid foundation and 3 back-ups of pressed powder. Get rid of them.
biggrin.gif
LOL MMU is the way to gooooo!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by kwitter Darn, now I'm gonna have to try it. I used a mineral makeup once and I didn't really like it, but hopefully this one will work better for me, now that my skin's acting better....just so darn oily.
Your FOTD and skin looks FLAWLESS, very nice! I had to go order my samples and try it myself. Thanks.

I am sure you will love it! If your skin is oily you will prefer the matte formulations.

Originally Posted by ashi wow.I wanna try EM also.Those liquid foundation always cause bump and breakout on my skin. I will order the sample...it´s free..yeyyy MMU is very nice on the skin and does not cause breakouts.
smile.gif
in my case, it actually prevents them!

I really think that you and Kim should became spokesperson of EDM (imagine yourselves looking cool like Pam Anderson in VGV promos)

Aww, my money is taking so long to come... I won't spend it on my mom's credit card, she would faint if she saw the dollar bill in her account (even though it's very little);

And i have a question: what shade would look better on me? I'm quite sold on medium beige, but looking at some people here i wonder if i should get the light shade too as a sample

My skin has improved since I started wearing minerals less redness pores cleaner ect but also I havent had 1 break out
rockwoot.gif
My skin is also starting to head towards normal rather than normal/dry.

Originally Posted by lia_matos I really think that you and Kim should became spokesperson of EDM (imagine yourselves looking cool like Pam Anderson in VGV promos)
Aww, my money is taking so long to come... I won't spend it on my mom's credit card, she would faint if she saw the dollar bill in her account (even though it's very little);

And i have a question: what shade would look better on me? I'm quite sold on medium beige, but looking at some people here i wonder if i should get the light shade too as a sample

Could you post a pic w/o mu so I can help you with the shade? Right now I a a perfect match to medium beige summer but I have been using a bit of self tanner. I image I would match medium beige or even a lighter shade in the winter. I suppose medium beige should be ok for ya. If your skin is oily, get the matte and semi matte formulations.
Are you getting your money from CNpQ? If I remember correctly, they did not pay the first month, and then deposited 2 months' worth in my account after the 2nd month.

Originally Posted by Thais Could you post a pic w/o mu so I can help you with the shade? Right now I a a perfect match to medium beige summer but I have been using a bit of self tanner. I image I would match medium beige or even a lighter shade in the winter. I suppose medium beige should be ok for ya. If your skin is oily, get the matte and semi matte formulations.
Are you getting your money from CNpQ? If I remember correctly, they did not pay the first month, and then deposited 2 months' worth in my account after the 2nd month.

Worst, from the university directly (it's the stadual one) :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think that i'll only see money in August (but at least i'll receive like 4 months in a row).Actually, pretty much of my pics are without foundation, since i'm not fond on using foundation right now (too damn hot and humid). Let me check it out for a pic. (i'll get the semi matte and matte ones, i don't even think on original glow, i already have enough "glow" with the heat)

EDIT: here's a pic of me . I'm only wearing a very light blush and mascara (please don't mind my fuzzy hair)

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/att...3&d=1150739987

Originally Posted by lia_matos Worst, from the university directly (it's the stadual one) :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think that i'll only see money in August (but at least i'll receive like 4 months in a row).Actually, pretty much of my pics are without foundation, since i'm not fond on using foundation right now (too damn hot and humid). Let me check it out for a pic. (i'll get the semi matte and matte ones, i don't even think on original glow, i already have enough "glow" with the heat)

EDIT: here's a pic of me . I'm only wearing a very light blush and mascara (please don't mind my fuzzy hair)

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/att...3&d=1150739987

In the pics it looks like you have cool undertones not yellow. Either medium or medium beige should be right for you. You can pick 3 samples so you can get one of medium, one of medium beige, and choose whatever 3rd one you want.
smile.gif
Get the matte or semi matte since you tend to be oily. And dont forget to get a kabuki brush for the foundation and another looser brush for the finishing dust, mineral make up is all about the right application and the right brushes are a must!

Hmm ... I'm planning on getting after i use the samples a starter kit from EDM , but i just have to find a way to make it go through customs without it being noticed (i really don't want to pay like 60% of the product price on taxes, but i'm willing to do it, since when i calculed the price on reais, divided by the number of products and the quality i still think it's a good deal)

Originally Posted by Thais .......I am sure you will love it! If your skin is oily you will prefer the matte formulations.......

I just hope I ordered shades that will work for me. I ordered all MATTE ones in: Light, Medium and Golden Fair....so I hope out of those I'll be able to pull it off. I have pink undertones. This is a link to my barefaced look....yikes (post#5): https://forum.makeuptalk.com/sho...021#post485021
Please be kind, I've not got the best skin....thanks love!

I didn't purchase the brushes....but have several powder brushes and hopefully I can pull it off with those. I'll have to do a FOTD when I receive them. Thanks.

Originally Posted by lia_matos Hmm ... I'm planning on getting after i use the samples a starter kit from EDM , but i just have to find a way to make it go through customs without it being noticed (i really don't want to pay like 60% of the product price on taxes, but i'm willing to do it, since when i calculed the price on reais, divided by the number of products and the quality i still think it's a good deal) Well I sent a Sheer Cover kit to my mom once and it was just fine. The kit costed 30 dollars I think and the shipping costed 14. She received it without problems.
biggrin.gif
No need for customs.

Good to know
smile.gif
If the money comes this month, i'll get the sample kit and also ask for a cp from bath and body works shimmer lotions and see how it goes, and in august or july i'll get the whole kit
wink.gif

Originally Posted by kwitter I just hope I ordered shades that will work for me. I ordered all MATTE ones in: Light, Medium and Golden Fair....so I hope out of those I'll be able to pull it off. I have pink undertones. This is a link to my barefaced look....yikes (post#5): https://forum.makeuptalk.com/sho...021#post485021
I didn't purchase the brushes....but have several powder brushes and hopefully I can pull it off with those. I'll have to do a FOTD when I receive them. Thanks.

Kelly, I sure hope one of those works for you! I have fair skin with pink undertones too and my shade is fairly light. If I get carried away, it is still a tad to dark so I might mix it with fair. I guess fair and fairly light are supposed to be for pink undertones and light and golden fair are supposed to be for yellow. Light is extremely yellow in my opinion and I didn't try medium. I'm torn between fairly light and golden fair, but I think fairly light is better for me. Fairly light is slightly pink and golden fair is slightly yellow. You look like you would be fairly light too. If none of those shades work, I bet you could just call or email and ask for a sample of fairly light. I know how disappointing it would be to have all three colors not work for you!!

Originally Posted by AprilRayne Kelly, I sure hope one of those works for you! I have fair skin with pink undertones too and my shade is fairly light. If I get carried away, it is still a tad to dark so I might mix it with fair. I guess fair and fairly light are supposed to be for pink undertones and light and golden fair are supposed to be for yellow. Light is extremely yellow in my opinion and I didn't try medium. I'm torn between fairly light and golden fair, but I think fairly light is better for me. Fairly light is slightly pink and golden fair is slightly yellow. You look like you would be fairly light too. If none of those shades work, I bet you could just call or email and ask for a sample of fairly light. I know how disappointing it would be to have all three colors not work for you!! Thank you sooooo much. I'm soooo bad at picking shades from the internet (especially). Heck I'm not good unless I actually physically try the color and them sometimes I'm not good at it either.....I'm one of those....need help or can't see if it truely looks right (sometimes I think it looks good, then someone says....no see it doesn't match your neck and chest or something....but being so pinkish....I really don't like MATCHING my pinkish neck and chest area too much either).
Thanks again.

I hope too....if none work, the company will allow me to try a couple other shades (samples)....man I suck....just kidding.

Originally Posted by AprilRayne I guess fair and fairly light are supposed to be for pink undertones and light and golden fair are supposed to be for yellow. Light is extremely yellow in my opinion and I didn't try medium. +
Yes I believe the fair & fairly light are pink toned & light & golden fair yellow. They have discriptions of each color if you click on the thumb nails.

Originally Posted by kwitter I just hope I ordered shades that will work for me. I ordered all MATTE ones in: Light, Medium and Golden Fair....so I hope out of those I'll be able to pull it off. I have pink undertones. Im thinking light & golden fair may be to yellow .

i worte to EDmM for a yellow toned really fair foudnations shade and their answer was Golden fair so I am taking that one
smile.gif
Do you guys have any advice for blush colors for fair skin? I never tried powdered blush before.

Darn, darn darn.....hopefully I can get a couple other samples when I find my skin looking ORANGE....from the wrong tones....oh well....live and learn.

Originally Posted by Zoey i worte to EDmM for a yellow toned really fair foudnations shade and their answer was Golden fair so I am taking that one
smile.gif
Do you guys have any advice for blush colors for fair skin? I never tried powdered blush before. The natural blush is nice. Its hard to think of any of them as light though since they have so much pigment. I have found out that the blushes go on lighter with synthetic bristles thank god or id be looking like a clown.

I am sorry kelly! Maybe you can still change your order if you just ordered? theyir costumer service girl is really nice.

Originally Posted by Min The natural blush is nice. Its hard to think of any of them as light though since they have so much pigment. I have found out that the blushes go on lighter with synthetic bristles thank god or id be looking like a clown. Do you think Chit chat one would be too dark? and darn,I need to get that MAC 187!
kopfkratz.gif

Originally Posted by kwitter Darn, darn darn.....hopefully I can get a couple other samples when I find my skin looking ORANGE....from the wrong tones....oh well....live and learn. It took me a few sample kits to figure out my shade so at least they are cheap. They only allow you to buy one sample kit at a time but you can still buy them another time.

Originally Posted by Zoey Do you think Chit chat one would be too dark? and darn,I need to get that MAC 187!
kopfkratz.gif
Oh I like that one it looks pretty I have the girls day blush & its a little darker than the pic on the site. If you apply chit chat lightly I bet its a great color.

I hope Golden fair really is very fair,otherwise it will be tod ark for me.Has anyone with MAC NC15-20 tried EDm foundations?

Back