I Am Shocked! EDM vs BE

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Brownshugaz I'm too nervous to try it. Nervous? You mean anxious?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Brownshugaz I'm too nervous to try it. Nothing to be nervous about samples are cheap & if ya dont like it you can wash it off .
7dh.gif

Originally Posted by Min Nothing to be nervous about samples are cheap & if ya dont like it you can wash it off .
7dh.gif
I agree, there's nothing to be nervous about. If you use liquid foundation, then mmu is absolutely nothing scary. Application might take some getting used to, but seriously, it's not rocket science.
laughing.gif
Start out lightly; if ya hate it, it's not permanent! It's definitely worth trying, and with free samples you have nothing to lose (well, there's shipping...)! Do it, do it, do it!

How does mineral MU work on skin,that is peeling like crazy from retinoids?are the flakes visible jsut as with liquid foundation?

Originally Posted by Zoey How does mineral MU work on skin,that is peeling like crazy from retinoids?are the flakes visible jsut as with liquid foundation? I a not sure cause I dont use retinoids... But i guess that applying a primer may minimize the problem....??

Originally Posted by Zoey How does mineral MU work on skin,that is peeling like crazy from retinoids?are the flakes visible jsut as with liquid foundation? I've read posts on other forums, reviews, and here too probably, that mmu can be an issue if you have dry skin and exaggerates any flakies. I'd wait until that clears up, otherwise you might be severely disappointed with mmu.

Originally Posted by mehrunissa I've read posts on other forums, reviews, and here too probably, that mmu can be an issue if you have dry skin and exaggerates any flakies. I'd wait until that clears up, otherwise you might be severely disappointed with mmu. Ditto!

Wow, I think I am the only one who didn't like EM on this board. I thought the coverage was poor (especially compared to BE) and the staying power weak. I know I am not the only one that feels this way on another board I visit. I am glad that it works for all of you. The customer service is great and the amount you get for the value is tremendous! I wish it worked for me. Oh well.

Originally Posted by Summer Wow, I think I am the only one who didn't like EM on this board. I thought the coverage was poor (especially compared to BE) and the staying power weak. I know I am not the only one that feels this way on another board I visit. I am glad that it works for all of you. The customer service is great and the amount you get for the value is tremendous! I wish it worked for me. Oh well. It's interesting how you feel like that. I have always loved BE but I felt that the coverage was not 100% good.... And feel like EDM covers a lot more. Maybe it depends on the type of skin?
tocktock.gif

Originally Posted by Thais It's interesting how you feel like that. I have always loved BE but I felt that the coverage was not 100% good.... And feel like EDM covers a lot more. Maybe it depends on the type of skin?
tocktock.gif
I always wonder when people don't like mmu's (brands or just mmu in general) if it's because of their application technique.

Originally Posted by Thais Girls, I am SHOCKED!!!! As you know I am a BE -girl.
smile.gif
However, I ended up ordering free samples of EDM and used it today for the first time. I didnt really think I was gonna like it more than BE though. HOWEVER.... I LOVE it! I actually like it better than BE!
I still love my BE foundation/mineral veil, etc, however, the reasons why I liked the EDM foundation better were:

1) It has more coverage than BE

2) It is the first foundation I used that actually decreased the appearance of my pores

3) It seems to melt on your skin as you apply it and gives a gorgeous, glowy, flawless look

4)It is cheaper than BE hehehe

5) It stayed put ALL day!!!! Seriously! No touch ups required.

6) My skin did not get oily at all (but this happens to BE too).

I am so excited! I loved the blush (apple) too.

I posted a FOTD today using the new EDM stuff.
smile.gif
I'm hooked!
biggrin.gif

I ordered this sample kit after seeing it posted on here and I agree with you 100%! I love EDM. plus one more reason it is better = my skin feels so creamy with this on. I love it!
1f.gif

Originally Posted by mehrunissa I always wonder when people don't like mmu's (brands or just mmu in general) if it's because of their application technique. I think so. Depending on my application, I can either have no coverage at all, or look absolutely flawless, or look like I have a clay mask on my face. LOL. I have been through all these phases until I learned the amount I have to use and the right application to fall somewhat round phase #2 (absolutely flawless LOL) most of the time.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by michko970 I ordered this sample kit after seeing it posted on here and I agree with you 100%! I love EDM. plus one more reason it is better = my skin feels so creamy with this on. I love it!
1f.gif
Agreed!!!
biggrin.gif
Now I talked my mom, who lives in Brazil, into ordering the samples too. LOL I sent her a sheer cover kit once and she likes it, so she is interested in EDM as well.
smile.gif
Gotta love it!

Originally Posted by mehrunissa I always wonder when people don't like mmu's (brands or just mmu in general) if it's because of their application technique. Well all MMUs are different & everyone applies them differently. I find it odd that some people think EDM has no coverage since it covers everything it should be covering on me then again people have different skin & what Im trying to cover may not be the same as another person. If I were to compare it to BE I would say the coverage is 100% better but thats my opinion
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Summer Wow, I think I am the only one who didn't like EM on this board. I thought the coverage was poor (especially compared to BE) and the staying power weak. I know I am not the only one that feels this way on another board I visit. I am glad that it works for all of you. The customer service is great and the amount you get for the value is tremendous! I wish it worked for me. Oh well. Well if ya ever get the itch to try it again they are coming out with another formula its supposed to be a one step MMU meaning concealer/foundation in one. I would imagine this would provide maximum coverage
wink.gif
The cool thing is since there are so many skin types & needs that there are hundreds of MMU companies out there so there is plenty to choose from .

Originally Posted by Min Well all MMUs are different & everyone applies them differently. I find it odd that some people think EDM has no coverage since it covers everything it should be covering on me then again people have different skin & what Im trying to cover may not be the same as another person. If I were to compare it to BE I would say the coverage is 100% better but thats my opinion
smile.gif

Well if ya ever get the itch to try it again they are coming out with another formula its supposed to be a one step MMU meaning concealer/foundation in one. I would imagine this would provide maximum coverage
wink.gif
The cool thing is since there are so many skin types & needs that there are hundreds of MMU companies out there so there is plenty to choose from .

Where did you hear about the new formula? I checked their website and I didn't see anything about it! It sounds good though! Do you know when it will be avaliable? It's from EDM, right?

Originally Posted by mehrunissa I always wonder when people don't like mmu's (brands or just mmu in general) if it's because of their application technique. I think it depends on the person. For me, I love mineral makeup. I used Bare minerals but I don't like the idea of bisthmus in it (sp?) but it looked great but it didn't last long during the day. Then I tried Element 5 which looked great also and it lasted a long time during the day. But then I heard raves about EM. I looked at their site and their prices were cheaper than element 5 so I had to try it. When I got the sample kit I felt the coverage was poor compared to the other mmu I used and it didn't last long. I get compliments on my "flawless" skin (wish it really was flawless, lol!! )with the other mineral makeup brands I used so I know it's not my application technique. I have been using mineral makeup for quite a few years also so I had a lot of practice, lol!!
smile.gif
. I really wished EM worked for me. I loved their customer service. Very friendly. And I loved their prices especially.
For those of you that it worked for which is obviously everyone here? Get that starter kit with the 2 foundations, brush, concealer, powder and blush I believe. What a deal ladies!!!

Originally Posted by Min
Well if ya ever get the itch to try it again they are coming out with another formula its supposed to be a one step MMU meaning concealer/foundation in one. I would imagine this would provide maximum coverage
wink.gif

I just read your post! That's good to know, thank you for posting this! I will without a doubt try this one! Sounds like it might be a winner for me
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Mirtilla I tried Pure Luxe and BombshellBath, is EDM better? Sorry, I haven't used these other brands so I can't compare...

Originally Posted by Summer I think it depends on the person. For me, I love mineral makeup. I used Bare minerals but I don't like the idea of bisthmus in it (sp?) but it looked great but it didn't last long during the day. Then I tried Element 5 which looked great also and it lasted a long time during the day. But then I heard raves about EM. I looked at their site and their prices were cheaper than element 5 so I had to try it. When I got the sample kit I felt the coverage was poor compared to the other mmu I used and it didn't last long. I get compliments on my "flawless" skin (wish it really was flawless, lol!! )with the other mineral makeup brands I used so I know it's not my application technique. I have been using mineral makeup for quite a few years also so I had a lot of practice, lol!!
smile.gif
. I really wished EM worked for me. I loved their customer service. Very friendly. And I loved their prices especially.
For those of you that it worked for which is obviously everyone here? Get that starter kit with the 2 foundations, brush, concealer, powder and blush I believe. What a deal ladies!!!

I just read your post! That's good to know, thank you for posting this! I will without a doubt try this one! Sounds like it might be a winner for me
smile.gif

I think this coverage issue is very personal. Depends on what kind of coverage each one of us need.... The only way to know if a specific brand of MMU works for you is by trying it (and this is when the samples come in handy)...

Latest posts

Back