I Am Shocked! EDM vs BE

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by AprilRayne Did you make sure to get your 10% discount that I wrote in my post above? Not like it's a huge loss if you didn't because the prices are awesome!! I did! It was excellent, and the kit ended up costing me exactly $30.47 (including shipping), which is such an awesome deal for 2 foundations, a blush, concealer, finishing dust, and two baby kabukis. How much would that have run me in BE, or any other mmu brand? For once, I don't feel the slightest bit guilty over a makeup purchase.

Originally Posted by Zoey I hope Golden fair really is very fair,otherwise it will be tod ark for me.Has anyone with MAC NC15-20 tried EDm foundations? I wear it & its pretty fair IMO. They are making new shades all the time so if it doesnt work another im sure will popup.

Originally Posted by mehrunissa I did! It was excellent, and the kit ended up costing me exactly $30.47 (including shipping), which is such an awesome deal for 2 foundations, a blush, concealer, finishing dust, and two baby kabukis. How much would that have run me in BE, or any other mmu brand? For once, I don't feel the slightest bit guilty over a makeup purchase.
smile.gif
Yay! I haven't ordered mine yet, but when I do, I won't feel guilty either. I don't even want to think about how much that would've cost from BE.

well,i might not be able to get this stuff afterall
frown.gif
It would cost 18$ to ship...
wtf.gif

Originally Posted by Min I wear it & its pretty fair IMO. They are making new shades all the time so if it doesnt work another im sure will popup. I was just about to ask you what shade you used Min! I think golden fair is a nice shade and it will work on me if I apply it lightly, but if I put too much, I look really washed out and end up putting fairly light over the top to even it out.

Originally Posted by Zoey well,i might not be able to get this stuff afterall
frown.gif
wtf.gif
Well damn .....That sucks
doh.gif

Originally Posted by AprilRayne I was just about to ask you what shade you used Min! I think golden fair is a nice shade and it will work on me if I apply it lightly, but if I put too much, I look really washed out and end up putting fairly light over the top to even it out. I usualy will add a little bronzer so I dont look so washed out. They also have the all over face colors like natural blush & girls day that add a little more color also.

frown.gif
wtf.gif
Oh that's too bad. But if you think about it, compared to other brands, even with 18$ shipping, you are still saving a ton and you can get 10% off too, which isn't tonz but it will save you a few dollars. If you order a kit, you're really only paying for about half of the merchandise because the kit prices are so discounted. It might be worth it to you!! p.s. I am NC20 and I use fairly light!

Yeah Min, I use natural blush as an all over face color, but sometimes I think I get a little carried away and I look so shimmery. I think the color is gorgeous, but it could be less shimmery. I was thinking it would look good to mix a little in with the soft bronzer and use the two as an aofc.

Originally Posted by AprilRayne Oh that's too bad. But if you think about it, compared to other brands, even with 18$ shipping, you are still saving a ton and you can get 10% off too, which isn't tonz but it will save you a few dollars. If you order a kit, you're really only paying for about half of the merchandise because the kit prices are so discounted. It might be worth it to you!! p.s. I am NC20 and I use fairly light!

well,if I was sure about the shades and also about acutally liking mineral foundations(never tried them before),I wouzld definitely go for it...but now it's a bit much. i will ask a friend if they can ship it to her house in Germany,since to Germany it would only cost 7$,and that is a good price. Looks like the problem is that global priority doen't go to Slovenia,and they only have airmail parcel price and not airmail letter price,which is a lot lower,even lower than global priority. I jsut got 8 piggie samples shippied and it cost 3,20$ to ship

frown.gif
wtf.gif
Ouch :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You could ask one of the girls to buy locally and then send you overseas. I think i might be doing that also, because Global Priority Mail doesn't ship to my city (only to Rio and Sao Paulo) , and Airmail Parcel Post would cost me 22,50$
You can learn more about the taxes and etc (and get a bit confused) on US Postal Service site: http://www.usps.com/

Airmail letter price would be a good option to me and you
smile.gif

Originally Posted by AprilRayne
smile.gif
Yay! I haven't ordered mine yet, but when I do, I won't feel guilty either. I don't even want to think about how much that would've cost from BE. I got my BE kit from sephora and it came with:1) Bare vitamins skin re-ver upper

2) 2 foundations

3) warmth

4) Mineral veil

5) Kabuki brush

6) Flawless application face brush.

It costed me $60 + tax...

Originally Posted by kwitter Thank you sooooo much. I'm soooo bad at picking shades from the internet (especially). Heck I'm not good unless I actually physically try the color and them sometimes I'm not good at it either.....I'm one of those....need help or can't see if it truely looks right (sometimes I think it looks good, then someone says....no see it doesn't match your neck and chest or something....but being so pinkish....I really don't like MATCHING my pinkish neck and chest area too much either).
Thanks again.

I hope too....if none work, the company will allow me to try a couple other shades (samples)....man I suck....just kidding.

You are so welcome!! I'm the same way, I have a hard time finding a good fndt. color. I know how frustrating it is, so I wanted to give you the heads up on the colors so you're not sad when they arrive. You can probably make golden fair work if you apply lightly until fairly light or fair arrive. I could also be wrong, and one of the shades you get with look fabulous. Trial and error!! Don't ya love it!!

Originally Posted by AprilRayne Yeah Min, I use natural blush as an all over face color, but sometimes I think I get a little carried away and I look so shimmery. I think the color is gorgeous, but it could be less shimmery. I was thinking it would look good to mix a little in with the soft bronzer and use the two as an aofc. Ha Im not the only one then lol I used the mint color corrector apparently I didnt realize how much I used (mega pigment) The lights at work are way different than home & I looked like an alien
laughing.gif
The bronzer idea could be nice.

Originally Posted by Thais I got my BE kit from sephora and it came with:1) Bare vitamins skin re-ver upper

2) 2 foundations

3) warmth

4) Mineral veil

5) Kabuki brush

6) Flawless application face brush.

It costed me $60 + tax...

Wow, that's a huge difference!! Aren't we all glad we found EDM!!!

Originally Posted by AprilRayne Wow, that's a huge difference!! Aren't we all glad we found EDM!!! Yes!
smile.gif
It lasts forever though. I bought this kit almost 4 months ago and I still have a bit of the medium beige foundation, more than half of the medium foundation, and almost all of the warmth since I only use a tiny bit. I ran out of mineral veil but recently bought a new one. I also bought a full size jar of medium beige a couple of months ago but havent used it yet since I still have medium beige from the kit AND now I just got the EDM samples. Oh well. LOL

There are some EDM foundations on Ebay that are cheaper than in the EDM website... This is an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Everyday-Mineral...QQcmdZViewItem

For those of you who already used and approved EDM: why don't you write a review about the product? It'll be helpful for those looking on review center

Originally Posted by Thais Girls, I am SHOCKED!!!! As you know I am a BE -girl.
smile.gif
However, I ended up ordering free samples of EDM and used it today for the first time. I didnt really think I was gonna like it more than BE though. HOWEVER.... I LOVE it! I actually like it better than BE!
I still love my BE foundation/mineral veil, etc, however, the reasons why I liked the EDM foundation better were:

1) It has more coverage than BE

2) It is the first foundation I used that actually decreased the appearance of my pores

3) It seems to melt on your skin as you apply it and gives a gorgeous, glowy, flawless look

4)It is cheaper than BE hehehe

5) It stayed put ALL day!!!! Seriously! No touch ups required.

6) My skin did not get oily at all (but this happens to BE too).

I am so excited! I loved the blush (apple) too.

I posted a FOTD today using the new EDM stuff.
smile.gif
I'm hooked!
biggrin.gif

Uh oh!!! Thais found a new product she loves! Glad to hear that though! If it's better, then it's a go! Right? Loved the FOTDs BTW!!!!

Thais, what a thread you started girl.

BTW. What I have been using from them is the Matte formula cuz my T-zone is super oily. I love the Everyday bronzer and I mix it with Girls day blush which I apply to the apples of my cheeks. I've been using the medium tan foundation which is a perfect match for me now, but also got the medium beige in case the tan was too dark, but it's not.

...and yesterday, one of the girls I work with said " Your face looks so pretty today. What are you doing different"? That to me, is the best testimonial as to how this is working.

Originally Posted by Gleam84 Which EDM foundation color would closest to BE Fairly Light? EDM has a fairly light also so maybe that would be the same.

Originally Posted by kelly1965rn Thais, what a thread you started girl.
BTW. What I have been using from them is the Matte formula cuz my T-zone is super oily. I love the Everyday bronzer and I mix it with Girls day blush which I apply to the apples of my cheeks. I've been using the medium tan foundation which is a perfect match for me now, but also got the medium beige in case the tan was too dark, but it's not.

...and yesterday, one of the girls I work with said " Your face looks so pretty today. What are you doing different"? That to me, is the best testimonial as to how this is working.

ooo ... i will have to try the Everyday bronzer mixed w/Girls Day blush ... thx
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back