I love lauress!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm itching to know what others' experiences are too, until I receive my samples, lol.

I do like the coverage to be a little heavier because I have some dark freckly patches and a bit of redness on my face,and some lighter foundations make me look more alive, but not flawless.

@simisimi: your skin looks so flawless
smile.gif

my skin becomes darkder in summer, so pure golden would be right, isn't it?

nobody here has tried Lauress finishing powder and primer?

I am currently using minimalist and love love love it...

I have gotten the "you look so pretty today" comments almost every day since I started wearing it...I changed my shampoo too so I am crediting both !! Haha...but Lauress minimalist is a really fantastic foundation for oily skin...I have had WAY less shine with this stuff...great color matches too...every sample I ordered would've worked for me! That is what is so great about Lauress, you can find the 'perfect' match and plently of others that look great too! I love it...

oh, and to add the staying power---I went to the gym y'day and worked my tail off for an hour and when I left, it looked as good or better than that morning and that was with no touchups just some powder in the afternoon!

hi Feu du ciel .. like Lauren84.. allways gets compliment about my skin with this makeup.

I love the glisten finishing powder and the concealers is awsome!!!

I think if you darken you shuld take the pure golden.. I mix the pure with the soft.. because Im in the middle of this shade..

and Emma, I highlly recommended about this brand. so profeshional.. even the package when it arrived wrapped so nice!

LOL

I've tried the Luminesce finishing powder, and it's okay, just a soft matte finish.I do prefer something with a little glow though, so I'd like to try some others.

Is the minimalist a light coverage, as in lighter than Elemental?

Originally Posted by feu_du_ciel /img/forum/go_quote.gif @simisimi: your skin looks so flawless
smile.gif
my skin becomes darkder in summer, so pure golden would be right, isn't it?

nobody here has tried Lauress finishing powder and primer?

I've tried the finishing powder and primer. I liked them but both have kaolin clay in them (at least the ones I tried for combo skin) and my skin doesn't like it. EDIT: I just found that Ultimatte finishing powder by Lauress doesn't contain kaolin. I already have a sample of it and ordered another just to make sure my skin is ok with it.
I love the foundation. I use the minimalist and ethereal and it is the best MMU I've tried. The new foundation is creamier and has a heavier feel to me. I really like both the minimalist and ethereal. I would probably switch off depending upon my skin condition.

I have to say that I'm loving the new ethereal foundation. I use a primer and finisher with kaolin (but then I always do b/c I'm oily) and the foundation is wonderful! Great coverage and my face feels so soft and smooth! I loved the other lauress foundations, but I think this'll be the one for me because I like a little more coverage.

thank you, maryfitz and simisimi, i'll definitively try their foundation, primer and finishing powder (almost everything
biggrin.gif
)

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif hi Feu du ciel .. like Lauren84.. allways gets compliment about my skin with this makeup. I love the glisten finishing powder and the concealers is awsome!!!

I think if you darken you shuld take the pure golden.. I mix the pure with the soft.. because Im in the middle of this shade..

and Emma, I highlly recommended about this brand. so profeshional.. even the package when it arrived wrapped so nice!

LOL

Hi simi,I have ordered their samples and waiting for it to arrive. Thanks for recommending.

Emma

hi girls i'm a light medium golden in lumiere (cashmere) can you suggest a shade for me in lauress? thanks!

Originally Posted by kitchykoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif hi girls i'm a light medium golden in lumiere (cashmere) can you suggest a shade for me in lauress? thanks! In Lumiere (FF and VV), my match is light golden. In the Luminesse, it is fairly light golden. As for matches in Lauress, Lauren suggested the ivory and gold. The ivory is too "pinky" on me. The subtle/radiant gold is good for me. I also have samples of the yellow. The yellow alone is probably not my match. I think another match for me is the combo of gold and yellow.
I read on another forum that you could be a match to a few shades. I think that is the case for me. The gold is definite. I am still sampling mixing the yellow and gold to see what happens with that.

I hope that helps a bit. I would also suggest emailing Lauren at Lauress. She is very helpful and has great response time. I sent her a detailed email about my skin undertones and type and she made several suggestions for foundation type, shade, primer, and finishing power.

Good luck! I think you will really like Lauress. Let us know how the sampling goes.

I have been using Lauress foundations, etc. for two months now. My skin has never looked or felt better. No mysterious bumps, rashes, pimples etc. I use the Minimalist foundation and find a match in several colors; but I prefer the Radiant over the Subtle. (I was EDM FLN). I have a lot of posts here on the forum about Lauress.

I'm still going through all my e/s samples (I ordered a ton) and have plenty left. Her blushes are great, normalizer and neutralizer are excellent too and evening up skin tone. A little of these goes a long way.

maryfitz24 thanks for your reply!
smile.gif
i was looking at radiant gold and radiant yellow (i am planning on sampling the ethereal formula) but since that's your color and you're lighter than i am, i guess i should get the soft? i will follow your suggestion too and email lauren. i posted on the lauress community but not a lot of people seem to go on there.

I'm really convinced to try this now. With my skin, I have redness on my cheeks. At work, my face usually gets oily and shiny. I used my EDM today, and it was amazing, but I still would like to try this product. I'm just sampling a bunch of mineral makeup before I buy the full sizes. Which foundation formula would you suggest? I heard Ethereal was good, but wouldn't be suggested for oily skin and then the minimalist. I guess I'll sample both, but I just thought I'd get some opinions. Thanks!

Originally Posted by mhm_megan /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm really convinced to try this now. With my skin, I have redness on my cheeks. At work, my face usually gets oily and shiny. I used my EDM today, and it was amazing, but I still would like to try this product. I'm just sampling a bunch of mineral makeup before I buy the full sizes. Which foundation formula would you suggest? I heard Ethereal was good, but wouldn't be suggested for oily skin and then the minimalist. I guess I'll sample both, but I just thought I'd get some opinions. Thanks! My skin is combo with the oily t-zone in the summer. When I emailed Lauren, she suggested I try the minimalist because it is for oilier skin types. Elemental is for dry skin types. The new one Ethereal is supposed to be for all skin types (at least that was my understanding). I have the minimalist and am sampling the ethereal which is also nice. In the cooler months, I will probably just use the ethereal.

Originally Posted by kitchykoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif maryfitz24 thanks for your reply!
smile.gif
i was looking at radiant gold and radiant yellow (i am planning on sampling the ethereal formula) but since that's your color and you're lighter than i am, i guess i should get the soft? i will follow your suggestion too and email lauren. i posted on the lauress community but not a lot of people seem to go on there. I hope it helped a little. I too go on the Lauress community but you're right, not as much traffic/responses to the sight.

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif My skin is combo with the oily t-zone in the summer. When I emailed Lauren, she suggested I try the minimalist because it is for oilier skin types. Elemental is for dry skin types. The new one Ethereal is supposed to be for all skin types (at least that was my understanding). I have the minimalist and am sampling the ethereal which is also nice. In the cooler months, I will probably just use the ethereal.

I hope it helped a little. I too go on the Lauress community but you're right, not as much traffic/responses to the sight.

Thank you! I'll e-mail her to make sure.

can anyone please give me lauren's email address? can't seem to find it on the lauress site or community. thanks.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by mhm_megan /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm really convinced to try this now. With my skin, I have redness on my cheeks. At work, my face usually gets oily and shiny. I used my EDM today, and it was amazing, but I still would like to try this product. I'm just sampling a bunch of mineral makeup before I buy the full sizes. Which foundation formula would you suggest? I heard Ethereal was good, but wouldn't be suggested for oily skin and then the minimalist. I guess I'll sample both, but I just thought I'd get some opinions. Thanks! I've been using the ethereal and I have really oily skin - I just make sure to use an oil absorbing primer underneath. It's great for heavier coverage. If you're not concerned about that the minimalist might be better for you b/c it's supposed to be great for oily skin. oh and try the neutralize for the redness. I love it!

Back