I love lauress!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by crystal_gale /img/forum/go_quote.gif after all the raves on Lauress from different forums and blogs, i decided to get samples too...i can't wait to try them...i might get them on monday..i'll update you guys if i will like it...i itch in majority of MMU foundation from different brands...so i'm hoping i won't have any itching with this one
smile.gif

does Lauress have a primer and finishing powder for oily skin? my face is like an oil mine hehe thanx!
biggrin.gif

They do (the ultimatte finisher and jump start primer). They're also reformulating both so that they should be better at absorbing oil - I read that on their forum. I can't wait to try those because the current ones are good.

Hi alicia,,

I have tried the ethreal foundie...they are rather thick on my face and looks very dramatic, very cakey too. The shades that I chose are darker on my face. What I saw on the site and what I received are way too dark for me even though they are more of warm tones. I have purchased some more samples today on the golden and tan shades..Hopefully it works on me. I just made the purchase and made use of the sale.

Emma

Originally Posted by aliciaesthetics /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is anyone else experiencing slower shipping turnaround? I bet they got a large amount of orders due to their sale.I must admit I was going to order but I sent them a c/s email before ordering because I've never ordered from there before. I am kind of picky about what I'll order (my skin has issues) and so I don't really like to waste money on things that won't work for me anyway, so I asked a few questions about formulas, mentioned the person who had recommended them to me, asked about foundation matches (that was probably a minimal question) - etc. It took them quite a while to get back to me and then when they did, it was a very short reply and the only thing that was addressed was the possible foundation matches and everything else I had asked or commented on was ignored. I realized that they were probably busy and getting a lot of emails due to the sale, but that put me off and I didn't order after all.

i ordered from them on the 8th and my order hasn't shipped yet either. i'm not too worried yet though because it took about 5 busniess days for my last order to ship before the sale and i'm sure they were inundated with orders with this one. still, can't hurt to check up on it.

I order in 7/6/08. than the shiped out in 7/10/08 and today I've received it !!!!!

3 days to Israel.. the are sooooo great!!!

Lauren has a notice on the forum board about the shipping.. with the high volume of sales. I emailed c/s and got a reply that very day. Also, they refunded my shipping b/c orders over $75 = free shipping... how nice that they caught that.

I'm using my samples of the Ethereal and I LOVE it! Not heavy/cakey but conceals very well in a sheer kind of way... hard to explain. No oiliness either. I'm 40-something and LOVE this formula even better than the minimalist (which was my fav mmu foundation).

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bet they got a large amount of orders due to their sale.I must admit I was going to order but I sent them a c/s email before ordering because I've never ordered from there before. I am kind of picky about what I'll order (my skin has issues) and so I don't really like to waste money on things that won't work for me anyway, so I asked a few questions about formulas, mentioned the person who had recommended them to me, asked about foundation matches (that was probably a minimal question) - etc. It took them quite a while to get back to me and then when they did, it was a very short reply and the only thing that was addressed was the possible foundation matches and everything else I had asked or commented on was ignored. I realized that they were probably busy and getting a lot of emails due to the sale, but that put me off and I didn't order after all.

Wow, I don't blame you for not ordering than. You could try the Lauress forum and write a post directly to Lauren next time.

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi alicia,,
I have tried the ethreal foundie...they are rather thick on my face and looks very dramatic, very cakey too. The shades that I chose are darker on my face. What I saw on the site and what I received are way too dark for me even though they are more of warm tones. I have purchased some more samples today on the golden and tan shades..Hopefully it works on me. I just made the purchase and made use of the sale.

Emma

Hi Emma, a tiny bit is all you need so it won't look cakey (means your using too much) her minerals are premium (IMHO) and I don't have to use nearly as much as with other companies.

i'm excited to try lauress minimalist foundation...it has the fewest ingredients right? so it's good for sensitive skin
smile.gif

what's better in controlling oil and shine? fantastic finish or ultimatte finisher? my face is like an oil mine...nothing keeps my oiliness at bay...thanx!

and is their primer jumpstart very nice?

Originally Posted by crystal_gale /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'm excited to try lauress minimalist foundation...it has the fewest ingredients right? so it's good for sensitive skin
smile.gif

what's better in controlling oil and shine? fantastic finish or ultimatte finisher? my face is like an oil mine...nothing keeps my oiliness at bay...thanx!

and is their primer jumpstart very nice?

Minimalist has only 4 or 5 ingredients. It is great for sensitive skin.
I've tried the FF and Ultimatte. The Ultimatte is better for my skin (the FF has kaolin that bothers my skin).

Good luck!

hi girls from South East Asia, could u tell me how much is Lauress shipping cost and how long does it take, has any order got lost?

just arrived yesterday

from 07/07 to 14/07

1 week to Thailand

love5.gif

try minimalist today.

I have to agree with whoever said that you only need use a tiny amount, as they are really great quality blends.The first time I used the ethereal, I used what I would normally use in a light/medium coverage foundation and it looked cakey around the nose and chin.I tried less the next time, with a flat top brush, and it was lovely, silky and luminous.

I just got my order from Lauress 7 days from payment
rockwoot.gif
so fast! Can't wait to try out this brand. Hopefully it'll be ok for my dry skin silk naturals made my skin so dry and tight i ended up with red scaly skin and a bad rash after one day
bawling.gif

I got my LaurEss stuff and I absolutely LOVE the lip balm! It is better then I expected. I thought it would be like all the other natural balms I have tried, and either be way waxy, or just disappear after a short time (which doesn't bother me cause I like applying). This is so much better though! It is not waxy, and lasts a long time. I do reapply during the day, but no where near as often as I am used to. The other day I applied when I got to work and then forgot about it until after lunch I realized I still could feel it on my lips! AFTER LUNCH!! I am impressed and have already gone to get a few more so I can have them in my bedroom and at work. If you have the need for a nice balm I can't recommend this one enough, especially during this sale when the price is about the same as Chapstick Naturals (which, by the way, made my lips swell up and peel ick).

Now for the Revital-Eyes eye primer! This is one lovely product! It goes on super smooth and disappears into the skin almost immediately. There is a slight cucumber smell that it is obviously from the cucumber extract not a fake fragrance. The amazing thing about this product is it does exactly what they say it will. It holds the shadow on all day but isn't so "gluey" that you can't blend colors together for a soft look. This is hands down better then UDPP. If you like your shadow to look fresh all day and hate the touchiness of UDPP this is definitely for you.

I have always loved LaurEss but I have switched to Joppa for now. I loved the Elemental formula but tried Ethereal. It didn't work out for me - cakey and caused me to break out like crazy.

Back