I love lauress!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maryfitz24 - In addition to the gold range in Lauress, I would suggest the Fawns. They look a bit dull in the jar but on me have just the right amount of yellow, not too golden, not too bright like some goldens or yellows can be.

I got my samples today, and I'm still not sure if I'm wearing the right colour family. I tried the gentle and subtle ivory in the Elemental, and the neutrals, last time I ordered, but the neutrals were too pinkish/beige and the subtle ivory seemed good but slightly too pink (just slight) so I tried it in the Ethereal in the radiant level.It's better, but still a little off.

I've just put on the gentle fawn in the Ethereal and I'm waiting for it to settle so I can see it's true look, but I have a feeling even that won't be golden enough, lol. I'm wondering whether the golds would be a good try for me? I still have gentle ginger to try ( a warm, peachy shade, but I don't think it's for me).

Any feedback from a fair skinned white lady who uses Lauress? Would the golds be too yellow on their own I wonder??

having said all that, I like the finish and Lauren even sent me a free eyeshadow sample along with two others I ordered.

LaurEss Gold's are not the strongest ones, especially the light colours are nice and subtle. Definitely give them a try if Ivory and Fawn seem to be a bit off.

Personally I can pull off all three: Ivory, Gold and Fawn. The Fawn is best when I'm pale, I have that ashy undertone on my skin. Ivory is better when I get some tan - I'm getting some warmth to my skin with it. Golden is wearable all the times for me, but probably if i get darker than Soft it will be too yellow.

I will give the golds a try, and just to be sure, a deeper level in the ivory and the neutral.I think I might be able to pull off darker foundations than I thought,lol.Minerals are sooo different to regular foundations.

Originally Posted by easterdawn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Maryfitz24 - In addition to the gold range in Lauress, I would suggest the Fawns. They look a bit dull in the jar but on me have just the right amount of yellow, not too golden, not too bright like some goldens or yellows can be. Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into that one. I think the yellows are just too yellow for me on their own. I've tried it for a few days and it doesn't match as well as the gold does. That said, I think a little bit more yellow may be needed. I thought a mix of gold/yellow but haven't been able to test that yet. I may have to get samples of the fawns too just to be sure.

Thank you for the input! I appreciate it.

Hedgiemum - if the gentle fawn is not golden enough, try the radiant fawn. I find it to have just the right amount of golden/yellow. Like you I felt the ivories and neutrals were too pinkish/peachy. I am a light to slightly medium caucasian and I have been surprised to find some of my best matches in the olive tones in a few different mineral companies.

The radiant neutral was a LITTLE to pink on me. I found out that my bathroom mirror was lying to me. LOL I am so bad at determining what a color is, but I did come to the conclusion that I have no pink in my skin. I would classify it as light-medium neutral/slight brown mix. Anyway, I am going to try radiant and soft tans next in the minimalist formulas.

Originally Posted by Arielle123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've been using the ethereal and I have really oily skin - I just make sure to use an oil absorbing primer underneath. It's great for heavier coverage. If you're not concerned about that the minimalist might be better for you b/c it's supposed to be great for oily skin. oh and try the neutralize for the redness. I love it! Thanks! What kind of primer do you use?

Easterdawn,

thanks, I will try the radiant fawn too; I think I'm not as pale as I started off thinking! The golds will definitely still be on my list to try out.

Thanks everyone.

Originally Posted by aliciaesthetics /img/forum/go_quote.gif The radiant neutral was a LITTLE to pink on me. I found out that my bathroom mirror was lying to me. LOL I am so bad at determining what a color is, but I did come to the conclusion that I have no pink in my skin. I would classify it as light-medium neutral/slight brown mix. Anyway, I am going to try radiant and soft tans next in the minimalist formulas. Hey, I've been using radiant tan which is a great match for me and I've just started using the radiant neutral since I have a slight tan now. FYI, the radiant tan is lighter than the neutral.

Originally Posted by 4evrrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey, I've been using radiant tan which is a great match for me and I've just started using the radiant neutral since I have a slight tan now. FYI, the radiant tan is lighter than the neutral. Thanks, sounds like it should be opposite! The neutral has beige in it so it was a tad too pink. I am getting the radiant and soft to see what works better.I was reading the descriptions of the colors and is radiant darker than soft?? Seems like all colors should just go in order of lightest to darkest

Originally Posted by aliciaesthetics /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks, sounds like it should be opposite! The neutral has beige in it so it was a tad too pink. I am getting the radiant and soft to see what works better.I was reading the descriptions of the colors and is radiant darker than soft?? Seems like all colors should just go in order of lightest to darkest

Oh I know! That's why I wanted to warn you. The Radiant TAN has soft gold undertones while the Radiant NEUTRAL don't... that's the difference.
I personally don't see any pink casts in my samples of the neutrals. I first started out with the "Subtle" family and although they matched my skin, I felt like I was missing something. I emailed Lauren and she suggested I try the Radiant family - "The Radiant levels are just a slight shade darker but with the same undertones as the Subtle." and "Soft is a step darker then Radiant."

Hope this helps. You can email her too. But do it through the website where it says "Contact Us" and fill out the form instead of emailing them directly.

I have been reading all these raves about Lauress, and have decided to try this foundation. If it is so great,i surely dont want to miss out of it!

But i`m starting to get tired of all this waiting for samples to arrive ,and then they turn out to not be right for me. So, if i list some of my matches in other MMU companies; could you please help me to pick some shades to try out?

I have dry(ish) skin,so i guess the Elementhal formula would be right for me..?

Originally Posted by Leylani /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have been reading all these raves about Lauress, and have decided to try this foundation. If it is so great,i surely dont want to miss out of it!But i`m starting to get tired of all this waiting for samples to arrive ,and then they turn out to not be right for me. So, if i list some of my matches in other MMU companies; could you please help me to pick some shades to try out?

I would definately contact Lauren herself.. this way you won't be wasting time & money on unneeded samples. She was very helpful to me.
As far as the formulas, read about the minimalist one on the website.

FYI comparing exact shades in the two different formulas the elemental, to me, had more of a white base... probably b/c of the zinc oxide being the first ingredient on the ingredient listing.

Thank you, i will do that. I think I just go over to her community and post about it,then.

Hope it will be okay that i mention other companies,and my closest shades with them.

Originally Posted by Leylani /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have been reading all these raves about Lauress, and have decided to try this foundation. If it is so great,i surely dont want to miss out of it!But i`m starting to get tired of all this waiting for samples to arrive ,and then they turn out to not be right for me. So, if i list some of my matches in other MMU companies; could you please help me to pick some shades to try out?

I agree Lauren would probably be able to help you pick a color, but which colors do you wear? I might be able to make a suggestion.
Minimalist is best for oily (ish) skin, so you'd probably want to try the elemental or ethereal. The ethereal is supposed to be for all types, but is creamier and a heavier coverage. Just depends on what kind of coverage/feel you're looking for
smile.gif

Originally Posted by mhm_megan /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks! What kind of primer do you use? I use the oily skin primer from meow. It's fantastic (not to get sidetracked but meow is another company that I love!) I actually haven't tried the primers/finishers from lauress.

Placed another order with a sample of appealing gloss anyone tried these?? Can't wait cuz I live in WI too so shipping is fast!

Thank you, Arielle
smile.gif

Here i go!

- Joppa: Light nr 1, medium light nr 1, Goldenrod (too tan,though) and

Fair Linen/ Prairie Wheat.

- Edm: Fairly Ligh Beige in Original Glo (other formulas a bit too orange)

- Corys: Perfect Peach/Radiant Peach.

- Lily Lolo: Blondie ( the "peaches" too yellow).

- Lumiere: Light Beige in Luminesse.

- Pure Anada: Ivory Chinook ( a bit too yellow).

- Signature Minerals: Light nr. 2.

- Pure Luxe: Creamy Naturale with a bit of Babyface to balance/darken it.

Usually, beige and buff are very wrong for me. And i am def warm, with very-very soft yellow and even softer pink undertones. Blue eyes, and some freckles. Medium/light.

Every input that you ( or anyone else ) could give on what shades to choose,are very welcome. And i would rather buy a couple of shades too many,than have to order samples one more time.

Hi Leylani
smile.gif
It sounds like you might be similar to me, but a bit darker
smile.gif
Did you ever try EDM soft butter peach? That eneded up being waaaaay too dark for me.

Anyway, if neutrals don't usually work for you b/c they're too beige, and I think the petal will be far too pink and the yellow too yellow. I'd try ginger, tan, and gold. If the gold looks too yellow for you, then I'd try the ivory because it also has slight yellow undertones. I'm not sure which depth it depends on how dark you are. Maybe radiant? That's medium-light. I can wear gentle ginger and subtle tan. Which makes sense because I'm fair or very light depending on a person's definition
smile.gif
So just based on that and b/c you're a bit darker I think that radiant might work. But that's just speculation
smile.gif

If you go to this page

LaurEss Pure Mineral Makeup| Natural Mineral Cosmetics

there are color swatches of them all, maybe you can try to match something that works really well for a better idea?

wow i am really itching to sample lauress with all the raves here on the forum, it's just been so hard to contact lauren. i would really like her opinion before ordering samples since it would be a waste if i choose colors that are not really suitable for me. i think it's been a week since i posted on the lauress forum and several days since i emailed her, but no reply. so there, i just think cs is not as fast and helpful as other mmu companies.

Back