Indie Polish Lovers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, wow, now that I have seen all three, SO GLAD I got these. All three are totally up my alley. I might have to set them aside for a while and reassess my financial situation since I ordered them before certain financial things came up, so I might have to sell them after all, but if I don't need to scramble for cash, these are perfect for me.
I'm still debating if I want to use mine... I mean, EP basically made its name because they started doing this type of polish when other indies were making Lynnderella type polishes (not my style, hate glitter). But now these are pretty common, and you can find similar beautiful holo and multichrome polishes from anywhere between 20-60% less

A full size AtC polish is only $6.50 right now and they have some gorgeous holos. https://www.etsy.com/shop/AboveTheCurve And their minis are really really deluxe... definitely thinking about buying more (but suddenly, I've acquired like 15 new polishes over the last two weeks so maybe I should stop...)

I'm still debating if I want to use mine... I mean, EP basically made its name because they started doing this type of polish when other indies were making Lynnderella type polishes (not my style, hate glitter). But now these are pretty common, and you can find similar beautiful holo and multichrome polishes from anywhere between 20-60% less

A full size AtC polish is only $6.50 right now and they have some gorgeous holos. https://www.etsy.com/shop/AboveTheCurve And their minis are really really deluxe... definitely thinking about buying more (but suddenly, I've acquired like 15 new polishes over the last two weeks so maybe I should stop...)
And its the name that's keeping the aftermarket insanely priced even with other alternatives available. I'll probably keep the three I ordered as I don't have the CbLs that are near dupes and purple polish. After all, I must have All the Purples!

I forgot to post this earlier:  I placed a Rainbow Honey order over Black Friday weekend (it might have been on the last day to use that code), and when I first opened my package, I was SO CONFUSED because there was a packet of minis and a cuticle balm that I definitely did not order.  For one thing, there was no way to order the minis!  Then I saw the sticker:  "Thank you for an amazing year..."  Surprise freebies!  The best kind!  Super fun!

• Royal Fruits cuticle balm
  • Sweet Talk mini
  • Best Friend mini
  • Mint Flavor mini
ETA:  I just noticed Above the Curve has a shade called Pretend It's a Plan.  That is one of my favorite lines as well as a life motto.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got all three EP polishes for a one time treat, and November and December are stunning. I'm not sure how I feel about the holiday polish, though. I looked at EP polishes on ebay, and the prices are insane. Do people really sell them for that? My mind is blown. 

Mine should be here today! So excite! It just occurred to me that these might be close to some a-englands I have. Hmm. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I got all three EP polishes for a one time treat, and November and December are stunning. I'm not sure how I feel about the holiday polish, though. I looked at EP polishes on ebay, and the prices are insane. Do people really sell them for that? My mind is blown. 
Yep, some of the second hand prices are insane, especially if it's a one-time release in a popular color, or if it's an older release.

They're here!  I need to look at them in direct sunlight, though.  I'm super undecided about them in my living-room-in-the-evening lighting.

Le sigh.  I *want* to take advantage of the RH additional-20%-off code and get a bunch of scented top coats, but of the scents they have available, I either have them or have no interest in them.  I had a bunch of them I had been planning on picking up after Secret Santa was over, and every single one has been pulled from the site!  Super bummed.

Thanks to @@Christa W, I'm wearing a-england's Fotheringhay Castle, and holy glowing antique olive, Batman!  This stuff is *gorgeous*.  When I think about it without having it in front of me, I keep thinking it's more gold than green, but that is fortunately not the case, at least on me.  And it looks like it's merely metallic when light hits it directly -- until the light shifts and hits it just right, and then OMG IT IS A HOLO.  Ugh.  It's going to be really hard to pay attention to my work tomorrow instead of my nails!

Such a shame about Cult. I placed an order as soon as I heard. I think the indie market is becoming overly saturated at this point. I think we can probably expect to see a more closures over the next year. 

I got my Black Dahlia Lacquer order from Gloss48 today and they are GORGEOUS! I will definitely be buying more BD's in the future.

2015-01-16 02.31.53.jpg

Navy Stargazer, Blooming Sunflowers, Midnight Morning Glory, Pink Petunia (all exclusive to Gloss48)

2015-01-16 02.34.21.jpg

I got my Black Dahlia Lacquer order from Gloss48 today and they are GORGEOUS! I will definitely be buying more BD's in the future.

2015-01-16 02.31.53.jpg

Navy Stargazer, Blooming Sunflowers, Midnight Morning Glory, Pink Petunia (all exclusive to Gloss48)

2015-01-16 02.34.21.jpg
Oh I want Blooming Sunflower SO BAD. I keep putting it in my cart but can't justify the shipping :/

Back