Indie Polish Lovers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually prefer them if they're going to be in clear bases, it gives me more ideas with pairing and layering, especially with jelly sandwiches!
That's fair! I find myself not using clear bases as often as I should, so I find that I'm a lot more likely to use them if they're in some sort of colored base. Each certainly has its pros/cons, and I'm really interested to see how people use these!

I actually ordered OPI's glitter off and it was free shipping on Amazon, even without prime.  Maybe it was just the seller I picked?

Last edited by a moderator:
apparently glitter daze has something too but I am still mad at them for the April Fool's prank they pulled and would rather give my money to someone else.
Agreed. I can't support a business who thinks its professional to play a prank like that when there are so many other small businesses out there.

What did they do?
2 days BEFORE April fools, they said they were closing shop forever and offered a 15% off code.

ON April 1, they were like j/k lolz.

A lot of people were mad.  They responded well to that.  They gave prompt refunds where requested and did apologize.

Regardless, it (quite understandably) left a bad taste in many peoples mouths.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 days BEFORE April fools, they said they were closing shop forever and offered a 15% off code.

ON April 1, they were like j/k lolz.

A lot of people were mad.  They responded well to that.  They gave prompt refunds where requested and did apologize.

Regardless, it left a bad taste in many peoples mouths.
What a bizarre thing to do. I would be irritated too. 

Yeah to be honest I'm not one of the people who continues to hold it against them (it is a small shop and individuals do make mistakes, and I think they acknowledged that it was a mistake and did their best to fix it, and really, once a mistake is already made, what more can you do?) but I do still view it as bizarre.

For me, its the idea that they would think that's a funny prank to pull in the first place, especially on a professional level, that bothers me, especially since they did it right before April 1st. I appreciate that she apologised and refunded orders where it was warranted, and I hope has learned from that mistake, but I can't bring myself to purchase anything from her as a result.

Polish Addict nail just announced that they are having a flash sale and their '80s mystery boxes for $10 for the minis ones.

And here is an update on our bench....my dad took it!!! LOL....he was afraid it would get stolen so he took it back to his house. He is going to repaint it for us and bring it to our new house in the spring. So mystery solved!!

Polish Addict nail just announced that they are having a flash sale and their '80s mystery boxes for $10 for the minis ones.

And here is an update on our bench....my dad took it!!! LOL....he was afraid it would get stolen so he took it back to his house. He is going to repaint it for us and bring it to our new house in the spring. So mystery solved!!
Yay for the bench and for awesome dad.  I would jump all over that mystery box if I hadn't just bought the World of Warcraft expansion...when does the flash sale end do you know?

Yay for the bench and for awesome dad.  I would jump all over that mystery box if I hadn't just bought the World of Warcraft expansion...when does the flash sale end do you know?
Priorities!!! I love my polish collection, but game expansions trump polish any day!!!

Priorities!!! I love my polish collection, but game expansions trump polish any day!!!
Oh and I forgot about the preorder for the new stamping plate I am getting...

10612841_860278404004893_7972644356151413416_n.jpg

So cute! If I could convince myself to get into stamping, I'd totally have to get this plate. My husband and daughter would both freak if I had Totoro nails!

Oh and I forgot about the preorder for the new stamping plate I am getting...

10612841_860278404004893_7972644356151413416_n.jpg
I feel a bit 'out of it' on this one. I can identify most of the characters, but there are a fair number I'm still missing... the rabbit with the balloon, the cat? with the upside down hearts? And what's in that lower heart? Feeling a bit behind on pop culture!

I don't know if this brand has been mentioned in this thread or not but I love Bubblelina's thermal nail polishes. They smell so good when dry, not to mention they change color under cold/hot conditions.

So what's the deal with Enchanted Polish pre-orders?  Do they open up for an hour an unlimited number of orders and then get everything made after the pre-order window closes, or is there a limit of, say, two hundred bottles, so it's possible they will sell out before the end of the hour?

Latest posts

Back