Indie Polish Lovers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@Monika1 The bunny with the balloon is Miffy. I believe she's a Dutch cartoon

@@meaganola I think it's unlimited for the full hour that they're open, at least for pre-orders. The last time, I logged on around 12:47 or something (towards the end of the hour basically) and I still got everything fine.

So what's the deal with Enchanted Polish pre-orders?  Do they open up for an hour an unlimited number of orders and then get everything made after the pre-order window closes, or is there a limit of, say, two hundred bottles, so it's possible they will sell out before the end of the hour?
When she says the preorder lasts an hour, that's how long the window is open. Having said that, I still set an alarm and place my preorder as close to the start of the window as possible. Monthly colors are a mystery until people start to receive them in the mail. I'm hoping the swatch of the Holiday polish is up soon, but even if its meh, I'll still buy them all.

Having said that, the preorders can take up to 4 weeks to ship, she does bold that part in the email announcements, but they usually average 2-3 week turnaround times.

There was furor on IG that this color was too similar to October 2014 that made me grumpy. If you look at the pictures for it, I'm guessing that not only is it a green holo, but a multichrome holo leaning red, and definitely does not look like October 2014 which is a deep olive greenish-black-bronzed holo.

Who am I kidding, it's a dark green holo and that's enough for me!

I look at it this way: I have precisely zero polishes from this company, so a dupe or near-dupe of something from a prior month is fine with me.

So...  Does anyone happen to know of a company that makes a mustard holo?  I'm looking for a holo like a-england, but mustard yellow.  Dijon mustard, not French's. 

So...  Does anyone happen to know of a company that makes a mustard holo?  I'm looking for a holo like a-england, but mustard yellow.  Dijon mustard, not French's. 
@@meaganola, Mentality's Dissent claims to be a dark yellow holo? It looks a little brown to me in swatch photos, but it might be close.

Mentality's doing 15% off right now with coupon code BLACK. If you order 2+ polishes, you get a free Fast-Dry topcoat, and $40 spent gets you a bonus polish of their choice.

@@meaganola, Mentality's Dissent claims to be a dark yellow holo? It looks a little brown to me in swatch photos, but it might be close.

Mentality's doing 15% off right now with coupon code BLACK. If you order 2+ polishes, you get a free Fast-Dry topcoat, and $40 spent gets you a bonus polish of their choice.
Hmm, that's not *quite* what I'm looking for, but now I want that one, too!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  (Where are they located, anyway?  The fact that one of their polishes is called "Legalized" -- past tense -- suggests Washington, Colorado, Oregon, Alaska, or DC, so I'm curious.)

Hmm, that's not *quite* what I'm looking for, but now I want that one, too!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  (Where are they located, anyway?  The fact that one of their polishes is called "Legalized" -- past tense -- suggests Washington, Colorado, Oregon, Alaska, or DC, so I'm curious.)
They're in California :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, my Polish Addict mystery box was delivered to the old address today. Luckily my husband showed it this afternoon to a potential renter so he was able to get it, I'm just waiting for him to come home with it.

I'm glad he went there because he called me and told me that someone stole our little wooden bench that we had outside!! Seriously, it's been there since he bought the house 10 years ago and now it disappears? And we were there last night and didn't even notice it was gone. He thinks someone who looked at the house saw it & came back later to snatch it. What the heck is wrong with people??
Sorry to hear that, its so sad that they are people like that out there.

Yay, just got shipping for my Enchanted Polish mystery pre-order! I went for all three because I figured that if there's something in there I absolutely will not wear like a pink, I could probably easily sell it and not take a loss. I hate pink nail polish. I don't feel like *me* when I wear it.

Yay, just got shipping for my Enchanted Polish mystery pre-order! I went for all three because I figured that if there's something in there I absolutely will not wear like a pink, I could probably easily sell it and not take a loss. I hate pink nail polish. I don't feel like *me* when I wear it.
There are spoilers floating around on Facebook and Instagram. Fortunately for you, there's no pink! The response to the spoilers seems to be fairly positive :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't order any, but it's fun seeing what they are!

There are spoilers floating around on Facebook and Instagram. Fortunately for you, there's no pink! The response to the spoilers seems to be fairly positive :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't order any, but it's fun seeing what they are!
Oh! December! Love! That one looks like it is exactly the sort of thing that I wear in January. I know what the holiday one was before I ordered because they spoiled that one before they went live, but I can't seem to find November.

I got it--

yOagMpel.jpg

GwTqnKCl.jpg

And compared with CbL polishes (the Enchanteds on on the inside)

EbaPO23l.jpg

CbLs are Young Turks and Woman from Tokyo
I would've loved November, but that's because I have a Purple Polish Problem. And honestly, it was a better use of my money to buy polishes I could pick. I like the Aug/Sept/Oct polishes, but I'm not sure I would've paid that much for them...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, wow, now that I have seen all three, SO GLAD I got these. All three are totally up my alley. I might have to set them aside for a while and reassess my financial situation since I ordered them before certain financial things came up, so I might have to sell them after all, but if I don't need to scramble for cash, these are perfect for me.

Back