Indie Polish Lovers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't find the OPI one anywhere I've been trying for over 6 months.  I use Glitter-A-Peel from NPB now.  I heard that some mainstream brands are coming out with them as well I want to say Essence is... but I haven't actually seen it in person.  I know I have heard people say they use Yellow Stopper from Sally as a base coat instead of a top coat and that works as well too.  I bought a huge bottle and have not gotten it to work.  Glitter-A-Peel is great but if you want your mani to stay you need to use a thin coat/coats.  If you go too thick it can come off easier.  You can always make your own I've done that too.
I ended up getting my Glitter Off online. If you have a Prime membership, Amazon has it and you'd get free shipping. You could probably get away with brushing a thin cost of Elmer's glue as a base coat too. I haven't tried that, but I've heard that works as well.

I ended up getting my Glitter Off online. If you have a Prime membership, Amazon has it and you'd get free shipping. You could probably get away with brushing a thin cost of Elmer's glue as a base coat too. I haven't tried that, but I've heard that works as well.
Oh really??? My mom just signed up to try prime.  I've been wanting my hands on it just on principle at this point!! LOL. 

I got mine OPI online too, probably amazon, but I don't remember now. I bought 2 and gave one to my friend for her birthday.

Oh really??? My mom just signed up to try prime.  I've been wanting my hands on it just on principle at this point!! LOL. 
It'd probably have to ship ground, but it's free shipping. Yep, after logging in, it says 3-5 days for the ship time, so it's going ground. I like it, but keep in mind that it will peel off within a day or two. This works for me since I change out polishes every couple of days, and is so much easier to remove glitterbomb polishes with this.

I stumbled on some IG feeds and it looks like Nerd Lacquer is back again and had a restock.  I really love the two I have and I want All of Space and Time really, really badly (which is currently out of stock).  There is so much drama over her disappearing for personal reasons and not fulfilling orders it's almost Bondi legendary... not sure if I will participate in all the craziness but if any of you were interested you might want to check it out.

I am excited over all the winter collections coming out.  I couldn't help but notice the new KBShimmer textured white polish White Here, White Now looks an awful lot like China Glaze There's Snow One Like You which I love and a ton of bloggers bashed but are now drooling over it because it's KBShimmer.  They did bring back Merry Pinkmas so I hope I can snag one of those.

Peel-off base:  I have the essence base, and, honestly, plain old Elmer's white glue works better for me.  It actually works so well for me that I have no desire to actually spend money on a commercial version.  Yeah, it only lasts a day, but, well, I figure that you trade longevity of wear for ease of removal.

I stumbled on some IG feeds and it looks like Nerd Lacquer is back again and had a restock.  I really love the two I have and I want All of Space and Time really, really badly (which is currently out of stock).  There is so much drama over her disappearing for personal reasons and not fulfilling orders it's almost Bondi legendary... not sure if I will participate in all the craziness but if any of you were interested you might want to check it out.

I am excited over all the winter collections coming out.  I couldn't help but notice the new KBShimmer textured white polish White Here, White Now looks an awful lot like China Glaze There's Snow One Like You which I love and a ton of bloggers bashed but are now drooling over it because it's KBShimmer.  They did bring back Merry Pinkmas so I hope I can snag one of those.
I grabbed a few during the most recent Nerd restock a few weeks ago. They showed up in my mailbox about 1.5 weeks later (and a few days after that, I got my "they've been shipped!" email). I've heard of a few people that still haven't gotten theirs, though, and I've had mine for about 2 weeks. They're gorgeous, but I'm definitely worried about her track record, and I didn't know the full history of the brand when I ordered. At least if people don't get their polishes, there's the PayPal dispute option :/ I'll be curious to see if everyone gets their polishes and if she does another restock anytime soon - she did one about 2 weeks before the restock I got in on.

Also, did you guys get the ILNP email? There's going to be a 30% off sale tomorrow, since they're using new bottles and a new logo and such starting on November 1st. She's going to email out the code prior to the sale, but will also post it on the site. Sale starts at 10 AM PST. So tempting!

I grabbed a few during the most recent Nerd restock a few weeks ago. They showed up in my mailbox about 1.5 weeks later (and a few days after that, I got my "they've been shipped!" email). I've heard of a few people that still haven't gotten theirs, though, and I've had mine for about 2 weeks. They're gorgeous, but I'm definitely worried about her track record, and I didn't know the full history of the brand when I ordered. At least if people don't get their polishes, there's the PayPal dispute option :/ I'll be curious to see if everyone gets their polishes and if she does another restock anytime soon - she did one about 2 weeks before the restock I got in on.

Also, did you guys get the ILNP email? There's going to be a 30% off sale tomorrow, since they're using new bottles and a new logo and such starting on November 1st. She's going to email out the code prior to the sale, but will also post it on the site. Sale starts at 10 AM PST. So tempting!
Ugh!  I hate my sort of no buy.  My BF just got a job working from home with me and my mom moves back in on Saturday.  There is NO WAY I can sneak any polish past them!!! I need Birefringence!!!  (and maybe Sirene and Masquerade)  Oh and Summer Stargazing /swoon!!! Or Purple Plasma... I need all the pretties.  I hope I can snag at least one. 

Well, my Polish Addict mystery box was delivered to the old address today. Luckily my husband showed it this afternoon to a potential renter so he was able to get it, I'm just waiting for him to come home with it.

I'm glad he went there because he called me and told me that someone stole our little wooden bench that we had outside!! Seriously, it's been there since he bought the house 10 years ago and now it disappears? And we were there last night and didn't even notice it was gone. He thinks someone who looked at the house saw it & came back later to snatch it. What the heck is wrong with people??

Well, my Polish Addict mystery box was delivered to the old address today. Luckily my husband showed it this afternoon to a potential renter so he was able to get it, I'm just waiting for him to come home with it.

I'm glad he went there because he called me and told me that someone stole our little wooden bench that we had outside!! Seriously, it's been there since he bought the house 10 years ago and now it disappears? And we were there last night and didn't even notice it was gone. He thinks someone who looked at the house saw it & came back later to snatch it. What the heck is wrong with people??
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that! That kind of thing completely burns! When did you report the theft to the police, and do you think any people in the area might have seen it happen? I hope it's recovered. I imagine it would have been hard to haul something like that away without anyone around noticing.

Since I know we're all suckers for grab bags, I wanted to share the one I got from Different Dimension today! Her grab bags are $20 for 4 polishes, plus shipping (but during the Halloween 20% off sale, the shipping was the same as the discount). I'm really excited about the ones I got:

quMYva2l.jpg

Left to right: This is Halloween (her contribution to the October A Box, Indied!), All that Glitters is Not Gold, Christmahanakwanzika, and Social Suicide. I wasn't expecting to receive 2 holos in the grab bag, much less a sub box exclusive! I didn't have a gold holo in my collection, either, so I'm super excited. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here is my Polish Addict order...this was the 80s grab bag, I got the minis:

They are Popples, Barbie, Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake (why that one isn't pink, I don't know...lol) and Cabbage Patch Kids.

I also ordered a few other polishes:

They are Crystal's Birthday, a polish I got using a coupon code, and Hot Chocolate. I am really pleased, I think the minis are adorable.

Since I know we're all suckers for grab bags, I wanted to share the one I got from Different Dimension today! Her grab bags are $20 for 4 polishes, plus shipping (but during the Halloween 20% off sale, the shipping was the same as the discount). I'm really excited about the ones I got:

quMYva2l.jpg

Left to right: This is Halloween (her contribution to the October A Box, Indied!), All that Glitters is Not Gold, Christmahanakwanzika, and Social Suicide. I wasn't expecting to receive 2 holos in the grab bag, much less a sub box exclusive! I didn't have a gold holo in my collection, either, so I'm super excited. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Are those minis or full size?? They're all awesome!!

ILNP has something similar coming out soon too. Multichrome flakies, and from what I've seen, they look amazingly gorgeous!

ILNP has something similar coming out soon too. Multichrome flakies, and from what I've seen, they look amazingly gorgeous!
Oh really???  Sometimes it is so awesome to be a nail polish junkie.  I can wait to see swatches of either.

I think Glam Polish is coming out with a version, too. They seem to be the next big thing! I know that ILNP is planning a preorder for this Friday. ILNP also has a couple of swatches up on their Facebook and Instagram (@ilnpbrand)!

I'm really curious to see these mixed into jelly bases - so far, it looks like everything's a clear base.

I think Glam Polish is coming out with a version, too. They seem to be the next big thing! I know that ILNP is planning a preorder for this Friday. ILNP also has a couple of swatches up on their Facebook and Instagram (@ilnpbrand)!

I'm really curious to see these mixed into jelly bases - so far, it looks like everything's a clear base.
I actually prefer them if they're going to be in clear bases, it gives me more ideas with pairing and layering, especially with jelly sandwiches!

Latest posts

Back