Influenster "Love VoxBox"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many badges do you have I think i have like 12 or so

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't gotten a box yet, either. Oh well, maybe one day.

I'm trying to sign up, but for username it keeps saying "info is required. Make sure it contains a valid value!"

I've tried a variety of things, but nothing works. Is there a special way you need to make a username?

EDIT: Nevermind, finally got it to work.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm trying to sign up, but for username it keeps saying "info is required. Make sure it contains a valid value!"

I've tried a variety of things, but nothing works. Is there a special way you need to make a username?

EDIT: Nevermind, finally got it to work.
Their website is kinda quirky. I'm excited for their new website launch that's happening soon.

Originally I was kind of upset that I was not selected for this one.  I had been selected for the last two, and got every single product badge possible and did every single thing they told me to do in order to be active.  But then I saw people who also got the last two boxes got this one as well and I was like "WTF" but Im not so disappointed now that I see its content.  I just want to know why I was passed over when they said the most active from the previous box will qualify for this and I was definitely one of the most active.

Originally Posted by ciaobella9821 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally I was kind of upset that I was not selected for this one.  I had been selected for the last two, and got every single product badge possible and did every single thing they told me to do in order to be active.  But then I saw people who also got the last two boxes got this one as well and I was like "WTF" but Im not so disappointed now that I see its content.  I just want to know why I was passed over when they said the most active from the previous box will qualify for this and I was definitely one of the most active.

I think some of it has to do with the original badges too (I think you can only be up to 4 or 5 of them?)  I know for the Holiday Box they said that the only folks who got the X-Out product (I think it's anti-acne something?) were those who had the college badge...so it wouldn't matter if you had 500 badges, since they only sent them to people who had the college badges.

I'm guessing with the tea and truvia, it might have been something to do with eating healthy? (I'm a foodie but not a health nut/green)

I actually DO want to try out the nail stickers (my sister tried one on another brand and said most of them are pretty much the same, although I'm not sure how many she's tried) I was impressed at how well they stay with minimal chipping compared to normal nail polish, although I would have been picky about how happy I was about the patterned nails. (I like to Konad myself, so I'm not necessarily opposed to fancy looking nails, but I want classy looking fancy nails, not wild and crazy looking nails!  My first/last voxbox had pink/black zebra stripe false nails that are not really my style.)

I didn't get chosen for this box though.

I did finally get that dishwashing product survey though.  Way later than some of you other girls.  But we don't own a dishwasher, so hopefully that means I'm near the front of the list for that one, even if I don't have the mom badge either.  (They said something about the mom voxbox being next?)

I have 13, though I think I only had 12 when they selected for this box.

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How many badges do you have I think i have like 12 or so

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't gotten a box yet, either. Oh well, maybe one day.

I got my box today and find it pretty rad.

There were coupons in the Truvia box and coupons for Ghirardelli under the tea. Stash is one of my FAVORITE bagged tea brands, so I'm pumped about that. My nails aren't long enough or pretty enough at the moment to wear the nail dress, so those are going to wait. I'm always in the market for a new razor. And who doesn't mind a nice tasty chocolate bar?

I'm drinking one of the teas (Raspberry Hibiscus) with one of the Truvia packets in it....and it's good! Doesn't taste...weird like I find Splenda/Sweet & Low to taste. 

Happy I got the box, looking forward to hopefully being picked for more. This was my first.

Long post is long, sorry!

I LOVE Ghirardelli. I bought a bag while in San Fran (where they're based) that was made with sea salt and had pieces of sea salt in it which cut the sweetness of the chocolate. It was soooo good. Then my kids found the bag and ate all of my chocolate. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my box too. I've been dying to try Truvia, so I'm glad I got a sample. As for Ghirardelli, I'm a die hard fan so was super excited to see that in the box. Can't believe they sent out all these items for free! It's a great way to try new products that I've wanted to try for a while.

Originally Posted by mishtastic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box too. I've been dying to try Truvia, so I'm glad I got a sample. As for Ghirardelli, I'm a die hard fan so was super excited to see that in the box. Can't believe they sent out all these items for free! It's a great way to try new products that I've wanted to try for a while.

I know! I just blogged about it and I was like OMG I got free chocolate AND tea in a box. I am ridiculously happy. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That aint right that some people dont get chosen
madno.gif

I have 10 badges.

Originally Posted by Diana Mangual /img/forum/go_quote.gif

madno.gif

I have 10 badges.
But the thing is those chosen now won't be chosen at a later date.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That isn't true. I know people who have gotten 3 boxes in a  row. It just depends which box they're sending out and if you meet the qualifications.

Originally Posted by Diana Mangual /img/forum/go_quote.gif

madno.gif

I have 10 badges.
The way they do it is actually very fair. I've spoken to them personally, and just because you have badges doesn't mean you will be chosen. They decide in a sequence. Like 1st theyd only look @ the people who had a Blogger badge(I'm just saying this for hypotheticals), then they make sure all of those people actually have blogs and are active, then they narrow it down more based off of other factors and then they pick their people. 

That's why 1st there is a "pre-qualification" round THEN the final people get chosen.

Also, what Zadidoll said wasn't 100% true, BUT you DO have the chance the receive the future boxes even if you werent chosen for this one. Even if people get every single box, they are just doing more things in social media life.

Plus, it's a free box, so not getting shouldn't make you angry. It stinks, but if you stay active and get more and more badges, your chances increase for a box.

See, I was told that if you get one now you won't get one again later (least in the same year) because they want to give other people a chance.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's not correct. They haven't specificied exactly how they select people to receive their boxes. The first two boxes they sent me were related to my badges. I got a beauty box because I had a "beauty"  badge and I got an organic box because I had the "green" badge. They narrow down their selection of voxbox recipients to people within those badges.

The Holiday box and the Love box haven't been based on badges, so their selection method isn't clear. What they have said multiple times is the more active you are, the more you will be rewarded. Do badge challenges, share your opinions about the voxbox items through social media, write blog posts and make videos. 

Back