Ipsy and Benefit LashBash

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://youtu.be/JIxcXD_Px6U

100%
  my lash bash party kit
0.jpg

(edited to embed video per TOS. -magicalmom)

my weight was 3.1#, seems to be the same things everyone else got. I'm so excited to plan my party and share my goodies

Quote: Originally Posted by blondie415 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  http://youtu.be/JIxcXD_Px6U

100%
  my lash bash party kit
0.jpg

(edited to embed video per TOS. -magicalmom)

I'm watiching your video and my 4 year old is waving at the screen, and says, "I think she knows me".  Had to share :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by OnlyAverageMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My youTube video FINALLY uploaded, and my blog post is done.

(Leigh, if I imbedded this wrong, can you fix?  Is "imbedded" even a word?)

Here's my blog post with swatches of everything:

http://onlyaveragemom.blogspot.com/2013/09/ipsy-benefit-lash-bash-unboxing-and.html

Enjoy!  I've loved seeing everyone's posts about the bash- can't wait for the big day!!

It's perfect!  I love how everyone (AND the dog!) hopped into your video!  So cute!

(and I'm always getting confused on the embed/imbed thing too.  I *think* the "e" spelling is the right one.  But don't quote me on that!  
laughno.gif
)

It's perfect!  I love how everyone (AND the dog!) hopped into your video!  So cute! (and I'm always getting confused on the embed/imbed thing too.  I *think* the "e" spelling is the right one.  But don't quote me on that!   :laughno: )
Thanks, Leigh. There is NO privacy in this house! B figured out where I hid the key to my makeup box and figured out how to open it. Nothing is safe here. Lol! I'm just glad the animals basically behaved. I could have done without the motorcycles in the background but its "bike week". Nothing I can do for it.

i got chosen and got the package in today! it had so much more than expected, but i did expect full size products to give out rather than samples. but im still really impressed.

Got my box today and am so excited! Already made the video, but hubby had to do homework do can't upload until tonight. Made up my goodie bags! I threw some extras in there too!.so much fun!

i got chosen and got the package in today! it had so much more than expected, but i did expect full size products to give out rather than samples. but im still really impressed.
Congrats! Full sizes of everything would have been awesome! I think, though, that a deluxe size mascara lasts almost 3 months anyway, so that's as good as full size. The sugar bomb and benetint are decent sized samples, so I thin our guests will thoroughly get to test them out for quite a while. Just my two cents and what I will be telling my guests :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Congrats! Full sizes of everything would have been awesome! I think, though, that a deluxe size mascara lasts almost 3 months anyway, so that's as good as full size. The sugar bomb and benetint are decent sized samples, so I thin our guests will thoroughly get to test them out for quite a while. Just my two cents and what I will be telling my guests :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
General rule of thumb for gratis product: Full size product are for people who will influence others to purchase, small samples are to introduce potential purchasers to the brand.

I got my kit last night and everything is great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tried the lip gloss already and love it - not sticky, feels really nice on.  I'm off this weekend so I'm going to work on putting my goodie bags together!

I got my bag this last night, super excited!  I'm putting together the bags to go to our troops in Afghanistan.  I've a male friend (officer) stationed there and he's agreed to put each bag in the hands of a 'sisters in arms' from the US, Britain, Belgium and other allied countries.  

I'll be including bunch o' little other treats too, like face/hand lotions, perfume vials and yummy snacks.  Just not sure if I should include the coupons since they are on another continent, but I thought it could be something that they'd tuck into their box and it'd be nice tiny perk when they are stateside again returning to a civilian role.

Quote: Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my bag this last night, super excited!  I'm putting together the bags to go to our troops in Afghanistan.  I've a male friend (officer) stationed there and he's agreed to put each bag in the hands of a 'sisters in arms' from the US, Britain, Belgium and other allied countries.  

I'll be including bunch o' little other treats too, like face/hand lotions, perfume vials and yummy snacks.  Just not sure if I should include the coupons since they are on another continent, but I thought it could be something that they'd tuck into their box and it'd be nice tiny perk when they are stateside again returning to a civilian role.

WOW! what an amazing idea!!!! So thoughtful! I'm sure they will be GREATLY appreciated! A big thank you to all service men and woman out there! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is amazing!! I'm sure they'll appreciate it!  A note though- those coupons expire in like.. a week.  I think they're only valid from the 22nd to the 5th of October or something..

This is amazing!! I'm sure they'll appreciate it!  A note though- those coupons expire in like.. a week.  I think they're only valid from the 22nd to the 5th of October or something..
With their quick expiration, I wonder if you could take them into a VA hospital or center and give them to the lovely ladies who volunteer their time there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WOW! what an amazing idea!!!! So thoughtful! I'm sure they will be GREATLY appreciated! A big thank you to all service men and woman out there! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Thanks!  I think the 'sister in arms' will get a kick from them and a little boost of morale.  I did this a few months back with extra Ipsy bags stuffing them with my sub box extras and beauty products from trades.  Now my stash is growing beyond control again with eye-liners, eye shadows, nail polish and fragrance vials.  It's a win-win!

Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I appreciate the heads-up!  I hadn't read the fine lines.  

Quote: Originally Posted by jessilng /img/forum/go_quote.gif

With their quick expiration, I wonder if you could take them into a VA hospital or center and give them to the lovely ladies who volunteer their time there.

I like that direction!  

I'll drop them off at Dress for Success, they 'promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.'  The women going to interviews will be able to have nice eye brows... but they will probably not want to allocate $29+ on a tube of mascara...

Hmmm...  the VA is a better idea :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

So after seeing the games posted, I came up with a couple of my own. I like their ideas, but I have used them at parties with this same crowd before. 

Brush identification: See who can correctly label what each brush should be used for or what it is called.

Old makeup quiz: When do you toss different makeup items. And they will lose points if mascara is anything more than 3 months.

Latest posts

Back