Ipsy and Benefit LashBash

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by OnlyAverageMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did read the fine print, but on my mobile it didn't all show up correctly, and I sort of just skimmed it. I was more interested in how the selection would happen, and what the additional prizes are.
I'm so sorry about your loss of time and income!! Our family (the four of us) make it on my husbands pay (I stay home with a toddler and do volunteer work). Last year, two days before our wedding, he lost his job because he followed his managers directions. The manager was fired as well. He is back to work, but I remember very well. Its so hard with no paycheck, and knowing that there won't be one the next week either. I hope you are back to work (or will be soon)! I wish being a beauty consultant/makeup hoarder/Internet addict was a real job.
HAHAHA!  Me too.  I believe in paying ahead though, even if I am in between 'full time' work right now, I try to utelize some of my free time for non-job search projects that gives back.  It makes me feel good, less down in the dumps and in thurn that fuels me to keep moving forward.

Maybe the indivudial was in truely dire circumstances, but it is still a reflection of the individual.  

I hope you Cali ladies get yours soon!  I'm sorry it's delayed   
madd.gif

And WOW on that eBay listing.  That is so wrong!  Even if she is having financial difficulties, that's no reason to sell something that's been provided to you for FREE in good faith by a company that expects you to hand it out for FREE!  Gah.  I want to be empathetic and I'm definitely not trying to judge, but if she can't afford to throw the party and hand out bags, then she should politely refuse the opportunity (or, you know, don't apply in the first place).  She could probably do the party very inexpensively by asking guests to bring a dish & decoration (let's call it a Potluck Beauty party!).  If I knew attending a party would come with a goody bag of $30 in makeup, I'd totally bring a dish!

I'm so thrilled at the generosity of Ipsy and Benefit to do this (although they'll probably come out ahead with the amount of revenue they'll generate versus the cost of sending out the products), that I get annoyed when people abuse the privilege.

Ok, end rant.  Just my $0.02!

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I hope you Cali ladies get yours soon!  I'm sorry it's delayed   
madd.gif

And WOW on that eBay listing.  That is so wrong!  Even if she is having financial difficulties, that's no reason to sell something that's been provided to you for FREE in good faith by a company that expects you to hand it out for FREE!  Gah.  I want to be empathetic and I'm definitely not trying to judge, but if she can't afford to throw the party and hand out bags, then she should politely refuse the opportunity (or, you know, don't apply in the first place).  She could probably do the party very inexpensively by asking guests to bring a dish & decoration (let's call it a Potluck Beauty party!).  If I knew attending a party would come with a goody bag of $30 in makeup, I'd totally bring a dish!

I'm so thrilled at the generosity of Ipsy and Benefit to do this (although they'll probably come out ahead with the amount of revenue they'll generate versus the cost of sending out the products), that I get annoyed when people abuse the privilege.

Ok, end rant.  Just my $0.02!

Agreed. You could throw this party without spending a cent if necessary, let's be real here. While extra decor and snacks are obviously ideal, you could always do JUST the makeup and hanging out.  People are just like this. I used to host a lot of House Parties. Often, there'd be one I wanted to throw SO BADLY and  didn't get, and then I'd see a ton of the party packs on eBay. It made me so mad! Everything from small makeup items to Keurigs to food items. I've seen too many people take advantage of fun, generous opportunities like this to really give them the benefit of the doubt. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's crazy about that Ebay listing! I actually considered putting my Gimme Brow up for swap because none of my friends or I will use it, but I knew that it was against the rules to sell it or whatever! So I am giving the dark one to my grandma and I AM going to use the light one myself. All my friends that are coming to my lash bash had zero interest in the gimme brow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

That's crazy about that Ebay listing! I actually considered putting my Gimme Brow up for swap because none of my friends or I will use it, but I knew that it was against the rules to sell it or whatever! So I am giving the dark one to my grandma and I AM going to use the light one myself. All my friends that are coming to my lash bash had zero interest in the gimme brow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Now, see to me, trading the gimme brow is perfectly acceptable. They sent two shades, and you can only use one. If no one you know can use it, trade that baby away! Or give it to grandma. I'm sure she will love it. To me, swapping an item or two and selling the guest gift bags are two totally different things.

Quote: Originally Posted by OnlyAverageMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by ashynichole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's crazy about that Ebay listing! I actually considered putting my Gimme Brow up for swap because none of my friends or I will use it, but I knew that it was against the rules to sell it or whatever! So I am giving the dark one to my grandma and I AM going to use the light one myself. All my friends that are coming to my lash bash had zero interest in the gimme brow
smile.gif

Now, see to me, trading the gimme brow is perfectly acceptable. They sent two shades, and you can only use one. If no one you know can use it, trade that baby away! Or give it to grandma. I'm sure she will love it. To me, swapping an item or two and selling the guest gift bags are two totally different things.
I totally agree...if no one at my party wants it I might stick it in the circular swap box, at least! It's not really the same thing, to trade one item that wouldn't get use, as it is to try to sell the kit to make a profit :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay! My tracking number just updated and it is finally in California. I'm going to get my package tomorrow. Yay!!!!! I am super excited. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was worried that I wasn't going to get before saturday, so i was thinking of cancelling, but now it is back on. Yay!!!!

Mine s

Yay! My tracking number just updated and it is finally in California. I'm going to get my package tomorrow. Yay!!!!! I am super excited. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was worried that I wasn't going to get before saturday, so i was thinking of cancelling, but now it is back on. Yay!!!!
Mine says I'm suppose to get it tomorrow but there is no update since Salt Lake City... That was on the 14. Was yours saying the same thing? Lucky you!!! I'm excited for you can't wait to get min

Mine s Mine says I'm suppose to get it tomorrow but there is no update since Salt Lake City... That was on the 14. Was yours saying the same thing? Lucky you!!! I'm excited for you can't wait to get min
Mine was still in North Carolina until this morning. I called fedex and I guess they updated it

Well, I hope that I get mine this week. It updated today but only in Cali, not sure if I will get it in time. Estimated is wednesday but it usually takes longer than two days from where it is now to here. Hope the rest of you ladies get yours as well <3

My package came! But sadly I wont have that many guest I moved to another state a few months ago and haven't made many friend but I will be shipping the rest of the samples to my friends 

wooohooo lashbash has landed. all packed up and ready to go off to their new homes after the party. I am working on the format for the party and preparing the pictures for the games.

AND we've been approved for a kitten adoption

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it took a little pleading and some social media influence, but all that's left is getting my mom (who can speak for my previous cat ownership skills) and my family vet to let her know we are suitable :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> she is 1/2 ragdoll and 100% adorable

Quote: Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  wooohooo lashbash has landed. all packed up and ready to go off to their new homes after the party. I am working on the format for the party and preparing the pictures for the games.

AND we've been approved for a kitten adoption

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it took a little pleading and some social media influence, but all that's left is getting my mom (who can speak for my previous cat ownership skills) and my family vet to let her know we are suitable :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> she is 1/2 ragdoll and 100% adorable

That's a seriously cute kitty! Congrats on the adoption.

Ugh, mine is currently on a truck for delivery, do I skip taking my son to storytime and wait for it or do I assume it won't come till after I get back. Yesterday's FedEx package didn't come till late afternoon.

Has anyone seen the lashbash contest that will be held on Saturday by benefit. You guys saw the email by any chance? I really want to win :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine finally appeared :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't even hear the FedEx guy, but he came and left it on my washer outside, which is right next to the door and he never knocked. The post office normally knocks but he just left it. My car was there and the washer was running but no attempt at knocking >.

Good luck to everyone who is having their lashbash today! I would have loved to attend one  so post pics so I can live through all of you lol.

Back