Ipsy and Benefit LashBash

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man, my fedex tracking stopped working... just a little note on the top of the page saying that the flooding in colorado may be causing delays ;/ 

Congrats to all those who won! I would have loved to win or attend a lashbash, too bad I am so far away. I would love to hear how everyone's parties turn out!

I was just trolling eBay and found someone selling all 10 of her Lash Bash gift bags with samples plus an ipsy glam bag, for $20 each. I am seriously offended by this- that bash should have gone to someone else! Those samples were to be given away, not sold!

Quote: Originally Posted by OnlyAverageMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was just trolling eBay and found someone selling all 10 of her Lash Bash gift bags with samples plus an ipsy glam bag, for $20 each. I am seriously offended by this- that bash should have gone to someone else! Those samples were to be given away, not sold!

Ugh, what a jerk! I hope no one buys them. $20 for those 3 samples, really? People used to do that with houseparty kits, too...made me so mad! 

Ugh, what a jerk! I hope no one buys them. $20 for those 3 samples, really? People used to do that with houseparty kits, too...made me so mad! 
$20 plus shipping! Lol! I also hope no one buys them. I hate it when people abuse the system. Wonder if they are selling the full size items too...what a jerk.

Damn I missed the FedEx guy :eusa_wall:
That sucks! Hopefully you catch him Monday!!!
man, my fedex tracking stopped working... just a little note on the top of the page saying that the flooding in colorado may be causing delays ;/ 
I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully it is cleared up soon. Flooding is the worst, I think. Well, second to worst:fire is pretty bad too.

Great, I called Fedex and the guy was like... well it looks like it was in NC last... but now I cant see where it is... and Fedex home delivery only delivers Tu-Sat so now I might not be able to get the goodies to the participants before Sat. which was my plan, now thankfully I can host the Twitter party without physically having the makeup, so I might be the best person for this to happen to. smh, hopefully it was a fedex glitch and it comes sooner than later. I decided to beef up my gift bags with samples of Lush soaps, a face mask, and a mini nail polish, so we could have fun via twitter. This delayed fedex BS is ruining my carefully thought out plans. smh

Could you flag the stuff? If not lets just think the best and assume the person is extremely down on their luck or in need of some cash. That reminds me of something my sil would do but shes also a junkie sooo lol. I do agree that the bash should have gone to Someone else cause thats Pretty wrong, especially for $20 a piece. Smh

Quote: Originally Posted by pghmom1292 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could you flag the stuff? If not lets just think the best and assume the person is extremely down on their luck or in need of some cash. That reminds me of something my sil would do but shes also a junkie sooo lol. I do agree that the bash should have gone to Someone else cause thats Pretty wrong, especially for $20 a piece. Smh the listing is gone.

Ugh, apparently there are other Los Angeles based lash bash hostesses that were supposed to receive their kits today and instead of being delivered, they have a N/A for the delivery date. At least I am not alone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ugh, apparently there are other Los Angeles based lash bash hostesses that were supposed to receive their kits today and instead of being delivered, they have a N/A for the delivery date. At least I am not alone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh boy...I hope you all get them on time! At least it's less likely for a whole batch of boxes to disappear into a black hole than it would be for one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi guys! I was selected and sent a package too, this is my unboxing video if you want to check it out! I definitely need ideas in regards to decoration. I thought they were gonna give us more party props lol! I am not a good decorator! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

0.jpg

the listing is gone.
I'm glad it's gone. It just didnt seem right. Not for $20 plus shipping, for something she received for free.
Could you flag the stuff? If not lets just think the best and assume the person is extremely down on their luck or in need of some cash. That reminds me of something my sil would do but shes also a junkie sooo lol. I do agree that the bash should have gone to Someone else cause thats Pretty wrong, especially for $20 a piece. Smh
I can feel the pain of being hard up for cash, honestly. I've been there more than I care to admit. But to try to score $200 for bash samples, that is something I would never do. There are better ways of earning money. I'm not the one who flagged it. Wonder who did?

Hi guys! I was selected and sent a package too, this is my unboxing video if you want to check it out! I definitely need ideas in regards to decoration. I thought they were gonna give us more party props lol! I am not a good decorator! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I was hoping for more decorations too. I'm hitting up my Dollar Tree this week and making some tissue paper things, plus working on a photo booth with props.

Great, I called Fedex and the guy was like... well it looks like it was in NC last... but now I cant see where it is... and Fedex home delivery only delivers Tu-Sat so now I might not be able to get the goodies to the participants before Sat. which was my plan, now thankfully I can host the Twitter party without physically having the makeup, so I might be the best person for this to happen to. smh, hopefully it was a fedex glitch and it comes sooner than later. I decided to beef up my gift bags with samples of Lush soaps, a face mask, and a mini nail polish, so we could have fun via twitter. This delayed fedex BS is ruining my carefully thought out plans. smh
That just plain sucks!! I hope it all gets figured out soon. Stupid flooding, messing up your lash bash. If you don't have the box Tuesday, I would contact Benefit/Ipsy to let them know. Maybe they can rush you another box.

Quote: Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the listing is gone.
I'm glad it's gone. It just didnt seem right. Not for $20 plus shipping, for something she received for free. Quote: Originally Posted by pghmom1292 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can feel the pain of being hard up for cash, honestly. I've been there more than I care to admit. But to try to score $200 for bash samples, that is something I would never do. There are better ways of earning money. I'm not the one who flagged it. Wonder who did? Yeah, I can't say I read the fine print for this party, but in most similar events you accept the terms and conditions which includes NOT being allowed to sell the products. These all had the UPC marked out and everything. Just shady.

I too understand being hard up - I was just off work with no pay for 3 weeks and I have no other income! But I'm still not going to resort to that, my goodness.

Yeah, I can't say I read the fine print for this party, but in most similar events you accept the terms and conditions which includes NOT being allowed to sell the products. These all had the UPC marked out and everything. Just shady. I too understand being hard up - I was just off work with no pay for 3 weeks and I have no other income! But I'm still not going to resort to that, my goodness.
I did read the fine print, but on my mobile it didn't all show up correctly, and I sort of just skimmed it. I was more interested in how the selection would happen, and what the additional prizes are. I'm so sorry about your loss of time and income!! Our family (the four of us) make it on my husbands pay (I stay home with a toddler and do volunteer work). Last year, two days before our wedding, he lost his job because he followed his managers directions. The manager was fired as well. He is back to work, but I remember very well. Its so hard with no paycheck, and knowing that there won't be one the next week either. I hope you are back to work (or will be soon)! I wish being a beauty consultant/makeup hoarder/Internet addict was a real job.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I can't say I read the fine print for this party, but in most similar events you accept the terms and conditions which includes NOT being allowed to sell the products. These all had the UPC marked out and everything. Just shady.

I too understand being hard up - I was just off work with no pay for 3 weeks and I have no other income! But I'm still not going to resort to that, my goodness.
I did read the fine print, but on my mobile it didn't all show up correctly, and I sort of just skimmed it. I was more interested in how the selection would happen, and what the additional prizes are.
I'm so sorry about your loss of time and income!! Our family (the four of us) make it on my husbands pay (I stay home with a toddler and do volunteer work). Last year, two days before our wedding, he lost his job because he followed his managers directions. The manager was fired as well. He is back to work, but I remember very well. Its so hard with no paycheck, and knowing that there won't be one the next week either. I hope you are back to work (or will be soon)! I wish being a beauty consultant/makeup hoarder/Internet addict was a real job.
Yeah, I skimmed it for the details like shipping but as I had no intention of selling the items I didn't look for anything like that...lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And it's okay, It's my own fault...I fell over myself and broke my ankle. LOL. But It's mending and I'm back to work now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  But yes, it is REALLY hard, and embarrassing when you have to borrow money from your dad to keep your electricity from being shut off as a grown adult, yeeeeesh.  I'm sorry you guys had to go through that!

But yes, I so wish I could get paid for my makeup hoarding skills! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Great my tracking number says N/A. I'm feeling conflicted, I feel bad because of the flash flood but a little pissed because my package started out in San Diego and I live in San Diego. I know they did it for a reason, but the irony. I hope I get it before Saturday, I already invited people and bought everything for the party :/

Great my tracking number says N/A. I'm feeling conflicted, I feel bad because of the flash flood but a little pissed because my package started out in San Diego and I live in San Diego. I know they did it for a reason, but the irony. I hope I get it before Saturday, I already invited people and bought everything for the party :/
Yeah, the FedEx guy said that only the labels were created in San Diego, they actually all came from the facility in NC, the didn't just do a totally unnecessary trip. All of us on Facebook had already called FedEx and they put a note on your tracking number to call you with more specific info from the shipping facility, so I would recommend doing that. I am hoping that they are a day late while in transit, which is why there is such a gap between scans.

Latest posts

Back