Ipsy and Benefit LashBash

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by OnlyAverageMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, so now that I've seen the previews of the host gifts, I really really can't wait!

...wonder what the shipping method will be...
I seriously hope they use UPS... Thankfully it all seems to be the kind of makeup that's sealed in tubes, but I can just imagine the SugarBomb glosses becoming literal sticky bombs in the box if they're left in the sun!  

(Also, I wonder if they're going to send any decorations in the box?  Even little cupcake topper would rock!)

I seriously hope they use UPS... Thankfully it all seems to be the kind of makeup that's sealed in tubes, but I can just imagine the SugarBomb glosses becoming literal sticky bombs in the box if they're left in the sun!   (Also, I wonder if they're going to send any decorations in the box?  Even little cupcake topper would rock!)
I could SO get into cupcake toppers!!! I might have to design cupcake picks and do 'cakes (I'm a baker. It's what I do). Just so my package gets here in time for me to try stuff out before the bash. Living on a peninsula is awesome, but shipping takes for ev er.

Originally Posted by nikkimouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woo, they liked my instagram/twittter hosted party idea I guess
smile.gif
) I have 2300 IG followers, and there are quite a few who like me for my actual content and not just the times I post my pictures of Justin's cat :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

HERVANA! the only current (well now Rockateur too) Benefit boxed powder I don't have! This is going to be fun, fun, fun!
twitter instagram hosted party that sounds like fun.
Yeah, I just moved to LA, so I don't have all my close girlfriends here, so I applied with the idea of hosting it via twitter, and I have some very adorable followers, so I am still working out exactly what I am going to do to pick the 7 (saving two for my real best friends who already said they would participate) but most likely have an instagram photo comment submission.

Should be interesting. I think I can make it a lot of fun. 

I got in! I didn't submit a picture for the contest, but I do have a youtube page (very few subscribers as I only have very few videos up so far) but I have done IPSY unboxings vs. Birchbox and Ipsy has won lol. So maybe that's what they meant by interactions with the brand? 

Whatever the reason, I am really excited and I cannot wait! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by pghmom1292 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha, as you can probably tell by my name, I live in pittsburgh, pa. The most recent batman movie was filmed here, it was awesome to see. Just had to throw that out there since you referenced batman :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm so glad you won too!  It must have been a thrill to see the shootingl!  

My sister lives in Mcungie PA and I really like visiting PA, the shopping is great there, I think the taxes are lower then NY and lots of outlets!!

I just moved to NY not too long ago like gypsiemagic to LA.  I don't have 9 close girlfriends....  But, I've just finished a first round of care pacakges (utelizing my and other MUT member's extra Ipsy bags) to the fairer troops in Afganistan in a little pet project - Operation Beauty Deployment.  AFG is a real tough environment for women - both locals and our gals.  The culture and religion there favor men folks in a most um... shocking fashion.   The women in the troops don't leave base unless accompanied by a group of men and only for official business, for their own safety.  Consequently, there are no shopping trips to the local market. 

I think Benefit Lash Bash this will be the theme for my second round to AFG with the cute little ba, I'll beef it up with skin care products, nail polish, snack packs and send it out, around September 21st!  Last round I sent wasabi peas and got words back that they were a hit!  Too bad I can't send little bottles of saki to go with the wsabi peas ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

It would have been awesome to have my girlfriends from San Francisco here, I miss having a tight knit circle of friends, but having a virtual lash bash will be awesome X2.

ZoomButt.gif

I don't know how benefit did it, but all the products in the hostess gift are ones I don't have! (Which is crazy, I seriously have TONS of benefit products)

Hervana $28 - Like I said, I have been holding off waiting for this to be in one of their value kits. I love it on my skin, so gorgeous

Peek a Bright Eyes $32- I have Bright eyes, but in pencil form, intrigued about this little set.

Creaseless Cream Shadows- $20 each - I only have RSVP in the old packaging, so excited to have 2 new colors!

They're Real Mascara Retail $23 - Have a mini, have yet to try it though!! 

Gimme Brow $22 each Excited to try this, I have been loving doing my brows lately. It looks like they are sending both colors, so my raven haired bestie will get the dark one.

$167!! seriously the best ipsy bag everrrrr

I do wish it had the Stay Flawless primer, its the other Benefit lust I have! Their new lippies look exciting as well. 

I think this is working, they have me all excited about Benefit stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

This thread is killing me with anticipation. I can't wait for all the stuff to get here. Even ny fiance is excited for me, which is rare because he's usually uninterested in my makeup endeavors.

I haven't tried anything in the hostess bag either! I do have the big beautiful eyes palette which I love and seems to be a similar idea (though the colors are a bit different) to the bright eyes one. Super excited for that! I'm also excited to try the mascara and Hervana! We'll see about the brow stuff. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't wear cream shadows often but I do like them as a base! I've never tried Benefit's cream shadows.

I'm just super excited. Most of my friends live far away now, but I have invited some of my coworkers, which is even better...we don't have a Sephora, Ulta, or anything like that here, and most of them know very little about makeup beyond what they might pick up for a few bucks at Walmart or CVS...they're always asking me about my makeup and asking me if I will do theirs sometime! So this party will be a perfect opportunity to introduce them to some new things, whereas my friends from home have mostly at least heard of or tried Benefit. Win/win! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm so excited,
yess.gif
happy bananas! Whoever gets their bag first post pictures!!! They said we will be getting them mid month
wub.gif

Okay all my twitter followers are so excited! I am going to have fun adapting the party decorations and games into ones we can play online :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

wheeeeeeeeee!!! 

I was wondering about this last night, and then promptly forgot, when I woke up I was like WHAAAAA?!!? ermygerd.

I can't wait to see how fun this is! 

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't tried anything in the hostess bag either! I do have the big beautiful eyes palette which I love and seems to be a similar idea (though the colors are a bit different) to the bright eyes one. Super excited for that! I'm also excited to try the mascara and Hervana! We'll see about the brow stuff. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't wear cream shadows often but I do like them as a base! I've never tried Benefit's cream shadows.

I'm just super excited. Most of my friends live far away now, but I have invited some of my coworkers, which is even better...we don't have a Sephora, Ulta, or anything like that here, and most of them know very little about makeup beyond what they might pick up for a few bucks at Walmart or CVS...they're always asking me about my makeup and asking me if I will do theirs sometime! So this party will be a perfect opportunity to introduce them to some new things, whereas my friends from home have mostly at least heard of or tried Benefit. Win/win! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
They are cream shadows?  I'm soooooo excited!!  I've fine lines and sensitive skin so the combination of eye-primer and powder has not worked for me but I've had success with Burt's Bee's cream shadow (when they used to make them), oh double happiness squared! 

I'll be planning my little bags too for Afghanistan and am super duper excited and am sure they'll get an extra kick out of this round!!   I can't really do games, but I will be adding other beauty products to their bags before I send it out along with snack packs of yummy treats worthy of Love with Food.

I'm just jumping with excitement on the inside!  Definetely will post pictures if I get the box first!  

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anybody who is hosting a party in San Diego, CA or Kansas City MO and has an invite they would like to share
icon_cheesygrin.gif
?  I have been wanting to try They're Real since they sent it out in Ipsy (I did not get it).
I wish I had seen this sooner! I could easier bring a goodie bag with me to SD when I come, however ALL of mine are spoken for now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aww it's ok!  Thanks for thinking of me!  Can't wait to see pics from all the goodies and parties!

Originally Posted by ashynichole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish I had seen this sooner! I could easier bring a goodie bag with me to SD when I come, however ALL of mine are spoken for now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

for those ladies who's hosting, have you guys thought of what kind of party to throw?

I am doing mine at my friend's house since he has more space in his apt than I do. I was thinking of doing a late afternoon to dinner time with food and drinks (champs + wine!)  unless Benefits specifies again that it has to be at this time or something...

Any ideas would be welcome since I'm still deciding really. I got my RSVPs but I haven't told me anything, probably until I get the package =)

I'm doing an evening party, because I have another commitment earlier in the day. I let my guests know to bring their fave drink to share. I know I'm making cupcakes. So far, that's all I have. My rsvp's came in super quick too!

Originally Posted by ooj4cki3oo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

for those ladies who's hosting, have you guys thought of what kind of party to throw?

I am doing mine at my friend's house since he has more space in his apt than I do. I was thinking of doing a late afternoon to dinner time with food and drinks (champs + wine!)  unless Benefits specifies again that it has to be at this time or something...

Any ideas would be welcome since I'm still deciding really. I got my RSVPs but I haven't told me anything, probably until I get the package =)
I'm having a brunch party with mimosas and fun appeatizers, this included:

Originally Posted by OnlyAverageMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm doing an evening party, because I have another commitment earlier in the day. I let my guests know to bring their fave drink to share. I know I'm making cupcakes. So far, that's all I have. My rsvp's came in super quick too!
cool! I should add cupcakes or mini-desserts on mine too hehehe

I have been googling "benefit cosmetics house party", just to get an idea (+ im super duper excited about it)  and they have done one similar to what we will be doing and now I am mooore excited!

Originally Posted by ashynichole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm having a brunch party with mimosas and fun appeatizers, this included:

Aaaahhh that's a good one! She looks so yummy too!

Mmm i like mimosas =)

Hopefully they send stuff early enough I can put together my kits and mail them off to people before the actual party. I was thinking of including a couple little snackies in the package and maybe some decorations. My twitter party is going to be fun to coordinate :]

Back