Ipsy and Benefit LashBash

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by soccerkidtlk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think anyone said it was ridiculous. Just saying I chose to do something different. Not bashing what you or other people did. 

Wasn't directed at you. There were about 15 comments made about how people who entered selfies shouldn't have won. I was just adding to the conversation. I've had a great time looking at some of the awesome entires.

Again, anyone who lives around New Haven, CT if you don't get to host, I'd be happy to have you come to my "party" just PM me :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think it probably had more to do with your social reach (twitter/IG followers) than the content itself. They are going to want a ton of pics posted with hash tags and whatnot, so the bigger your audience the more likely they are going to pick you, rather than the most creative entries win. I have 2.3k on IG and 1k on twitter, and didn't even link an Instagram post. I'd be willing to bet they ranked based on followers first, chose e majority, then went back in and chose a smaller number based on the actual submission. This whole event is a big expensive marketing campaign, so it makes sense that hey would want to reach the most people possible.

Quote: Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it probably had more to do with your social reach (twitter/IG followers) than the content itself. They are going to want a ton of pics posted with hash tags and whatnot, so the bigger your audience the more likely they are going to pick you, rather than the most creative entries win.

I have 2.3k on IG and 1k on twitter, and didn't even link an Instagram post. I'd be willing to bet they ranked based on followers first, chose e majority, then went back in and chose a smaller number based on the actual submission.

This whole event is a big expensive marketing campaign, so it makes sense that hey would want to reach the most people possible.
It's not that. They picked a variety. Besides, I did not put any links with mine as I don't use/have an IG or twitter. (Ironic for a digital media/marketing major) I had included a sentence for the submission but that was all for mine. I was chosen still though. I'm not completely sure what they used to choose people because I had thought the same thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it probably had more to do with your social reach (twitter/IG followers) than the content itself. They are going to want a ton of pics posted with hash tags and whatnot, so the bigger your audience the more likely they are going to pick you, rather than the most creative entries win.

I have 2.3k on IG and 1k on twitter, and didn't even link an Instagram post. I'd be willing to bet they ranked based on followers first, chose e majority, then went back in and chose a smaller number based on the actual submission.

This whole event is a big expensive marketing campaign, so it makes sense that hey would want to reach the most people possible.

I was thinking the same thing! I originally wasn't going to apply till I had a dream I was chosen so I applied. I was chosen! =) I only have 9 followers  =p I'm 22 and don't like all the social media stuff haha don't understand why people need to know what im doing. They even sent my email really early in the morning on the 27th, don't know if people were still finding out that day and the day after.

Probably a variety of things, they might have had an algorithm set up, it totally makes sense that they would want people very involved with social media, but I saw involvement with Ipsy mentioned as well as creativity. 

It would make total sense if they chose a group based on social media, then some based on involvement/interaction, and a group based on their submission itself!

Or, it could have been based on location. That would be am interesting way to pick, like an even number from each state. I have a very hard time believing they had an algorithm that ranked based on all those categories (which in some sense there isn't a quantifiable way to rate it easily, so it would require a person to sit down and score every post. That's a ton of man hours, and they reported back really quickly) It might have even been random, and we'd never know, because we don't get to see how we rank against others, we didn't get a score to see why we got in. I have seen people run large contests, and trust me, most are random, that's the easiest way to go. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> no matter how they pitch it to contestants ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone who won, got any updates? Email (other than the orginal), phone call, ect. I got the email saying I won, but that is it, and in the terms and conditions it says we need to contact the sponsor three days after our winning email notification or we forfeit our prize. Has anyone contacted anyone? I am just super excited for my party, but a little worried at the same time, since I haven't heard anything since.

Has anyone who won, got any updates? Email (other than the orginal), phone call, ect. I got the email saying I won, but that is it, and in the terms and conditions it says we need to contact the sponsor three days after our winning email notification or we forfeit our prize. Has anyone contacted anyone? I am just super excited for my party, but a little worried at the same time, since I haven't heard anything since.
Oh, I didn't notice that part about contacting them within three days!! I also haven't heard anything, or seen anything anywhere. Hmm...

Quote: Originally Posted by OnlyAverageMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by SarahC7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, I didn't notice that part about contacting them within three days!! I also haven't heard anything, or seen anything anywhere. Hmm...
That would be awful if 999 of the 1000 winners lost their prize because we didn't contact them!  I got on their page and did their suggested post on Twitter, so maybe that qualifies as contacting them?

That would be awful if 999 of the 1000 winners lost their prize because we didn't contact them!  I got on their page and did their suggested post on Twitter, so maybe that qualifies as contacting them?
Leigh, I did the same thing, thanked them on Twitter and Instagram. Hopefully, that is enough. I would hope they would have a "click here to confirm that you will host a bash" button if they needed a confirmation. I am seriously going crazy waiting for my lash bash box to arrive, I can't wait! Now I'm all nervous!

Quote: Originally Posted by OnlyAverageMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Leigh, I did the same thing, thanked them on Twitter and Instagram. Hopefully, that is enough. I would hope they would have a "click here to confirm that you will host a bash" button if they needed a confirmation. I am seriously going crazy waiting for my lash bash box to arrive, I can't wait! Now I'm all nervous!
I hope we don't D: Like I mentioned I don't use Twitter/IG so I can't thank them there. I'm guessing because I'm active in Ipsy I was chosen, but if we had to contact them, I don't know where/how?

I just sent a reply e-mail to the original "congrats" e-mail. I had no idea we had to respond to anyone. I hope we all didn't miss out on this chance! No where in the original e-mail does it say we need to respond to anyone.

It gives you steps in the email and no where on it says reply, we gave them all our information and applying is saying you are wanting and going to through the lash bash I would think that would be enough!

It gives you steps in the email and no where on it says reply, we gave them all our information and applying is saying you are wanting and going to through the lash bash I would think that would be enough!
It would have a link or be in an obvious spot! When I click on terms and conditions it just goes to ipsy regular terms can Someone post the link and state where it says we need to reply!

Quote: Originally Posted by b3autynb3ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It would have a link or be in an obvious spot! When I click on terms and conditions it just goes to ipsy regular terms can Someone post the link and state where it says we need to reply!

Copied this from the Terms and Conditions page at the bottom of lashbash.ipsy.com:

"Winners will be selected based on the judging criteria from valid Entries received during the Promotion Period. Sponsors’ decisions will be final and binding. Each winning Entrant will be notified via email. The potential winning Entrant must respond to Sponsors’ prize notification email within three (3) business days from that date and time of the Sponsors’ prize notification email. In the event that the potential winning Entrant does not respond to Sponsors’ prize notification email within the specified time or the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, a new winner will be chosen based on the Judging Criteria. Alternate winners will be contacted via email and must respond to the Sponsors’ prize notification email within three (3) business days from that date and time of the Sponsors’ prize notification email. "

And yes, they consider party kits prizes:

Quote: 8. PRIZES: 1st Round: Nine hundred eighty (980) winners will receive a Benefit Cosmetics party host package consisting of Benefit Cosmetics party box contents to be chosen by Sponsors (Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARVâ€) of $200 USD). 2nd Round: Twenty (20) winners will receive a Benefit Cosmetics party host package consisting of Benefit Cosmetics party box contents to be chosen by Sponsors (Total ARV of $200 USD). 

Quote: Originally Posted by b3autynb3ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just asked ipsy if we had to reply and they said no need to =)
Hey ipsy there is some confusion within mut and I was wondering were we suppose to reply back to the email you had sent us for the congrats for being chosen?

Ipsy Thanks for the question! No need to reply to us, we wanted to inform you won. Congrats!  

We did not need to here's the response I got

I also won a lash bash but I really think they randomly picked people. I did give them my twitter, Instagram, and YouTube links but I don't have that many followers (less then 100). But I didn't post a creative picture on Instagram or anything like that, and I still won.

Latest posts

Back