January 2016 Birchbox **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I did get in touch with CS about upgrading. Unfortunately there's no way for me to upgrade from month to month to annual using the gift card without getting a repeat December box (and still getting January PYS). Since I got such a good deal on the yearly sub I'm just getting another December but I'm irritated this is an issue at all!

I just bought the Tokyo Milk Femme Fatale scent sampler on Sephora. I wish Birchbox carried something like that so I could have used my points. 

Thanks for the explanation about periscope @pearldrop. I wasn't sure what it was. I don't like watching videos to begin with because I usually don't have the time. I prefer reading/looking at stuff because I can quickly scan a page and see if there is something I'm interested in. The good thing about these videos though is that they are short. I want the curated box but I also like surprises so I'm torn. I have a lot of K-beauty products already but I guess more samples wouldn't hurt. I'm always looking to try new things. If I could just stick to what I know works, I wouldn't be drowning in samples and products. :lol:
I hate watching such videos, too. Always use the 2x speed on Youtube :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good thing on Periscope you can speed through as well during the rerun, but I still don't watch the entire video.

I will definitely pick the K-beauty box. I actually cancelled both my accounts since I am in China for work until late January but K-beauty box was too good to pass up, so resubscribed one of my accounts. Just hope I can get a hold of it with the 13 hour difference and blocked Birchbox website here (facepalm).

Which day is the sample choice this month?

I'll get the fat eyeko eyeliner probably or the curated box.  Decisions Decisions.  I start sweating just thinking about it.

I almost cried when I opened my Birchbox Choose your box page for January and saw that everything had sold out. I thought- this can't be right (selling out so fast on a holiday weekend). I checked my email but there was no email from Birchbox. I logged in with a different computer and everything was back in stock. I was able to order the Korean Beauty box and got my confirmation email. Either Birchbox wasn't ready earlier this morning or there was a computer glitch on my end. Meltdown averted!

Gaah! I don't even have the options yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It still shows the "CUSTOMIZE YOUR JANUARY BOX Review your options now and get ready to make your choices by December 29, 11:59 P.M. ET. Supplies are limited!" banner.

I was just able to log in and make my selection, no problems. I also got the featured box, of course.

Didn't get an email yet, but the option to customize next month's box was available when I logged in. This was around 10:50 AM (Eastern). I went with the curated on my main, and I'll leave the other to chance.

I looked for the email and didn't see it but I logged in and was able to make the choice.
I haven't gotten any sample choice emails since they changed the system, thought they discontinued it. 

K-beauty box is so popular, I was worried to miss it overnight. I am glad we were able to snag one.

I didn't receive my confirmation email, although website reflects my PYS.

Did you receive your confirmation email?

Edit: Confirmation email arrived :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see that I was not the only one who didn't get an email. I hope that everyone is able to get their choice without having to wait around for an email that will come who knows when.

Back