January 2016 Birchbox **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eyeko and Curated Box are both sold out  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I reserved the TONYMOLY but the eyeliner being gone really burns me because when I first subscribed they said I would get one and we all know no one did. I still feel like I was falsely lured into subscribing to something by being promised an item they didn't deliver on. At the time I had just run out of liner and intentionally didn't buy a new one because I thought I was getting one. All around irked about it. It doesn't help that sample picks tend to go live around noon (at least that's when I get my email) and not at midnight or early morning when I'm actually awake. 

Eyeko and Curated Box are both sold out  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I reserved the TONYMOLY but the eyeliner being gone really burns me because when I first subscribed they said I would get one and we all know no one did. I still feel like I was falsely lured into subscribing to something by being promised an item they didn't deliver on. At the time I had just run out of liner and intentionally didn't buy a new one because I thought I was getting one. All around irked about it. It doesn't help that sample picks tend to go live around noon (at least that's when I get my email) and not at midnight or early morning when I'm actually awake. 
They sent me a extra eyeliner this week, it's yours if you want it. Just PM me and we can work something out.

I'm sure I missed the discussion of this somewhere else because I really do feel like I live under a rock, but did you all watch the video after the disappointing box one?  It was about the new line Birchbox has come out with for 2016 called Arrow.  They are starting with three products - a deoderant, cheek tint, and lip balm.

They sent me a extra eyeliner this week, it's yours if you want it. Just PM me and we can work something out.
Thanks that's very kind of you! However I really don't have much in terms of trade because I give away all my extras to my Mom. I'm just being salty and venting. It was my first pick for this month but I'm not rock bottom on eyeliner like I was back in June. I've gotten several deluxe sized  Kat Von D Tattoo Liners lately. 

I'm sure I missed the discussion of this somewhere else because I really do feel like I live under a rock, but did you all watch the video after the disappointing box one?  It was about the new line Birchbox has come out with for 2016 called Arrow.  They are starting with three products - a deoderant, cheek tint, and lip balm.
I missed this one. I'll have to go back and look for it. Thanks for the info!!

Thanks that's very kind of you! However I really don't have much in terms of trade because I give away all my extras to my Mom. I'm just being salty and venting. It was my first pick for this month but I'm not rock bottom on eyeliner like I was back in June. I've gotten several deluxe sized Kat Von D Tattoo Liners lately.
No trade necessary :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> just consider it a random act of kindness and pay it forward.

I'm also annoyed with the way they handled the eyeliner/customs debacle. And let's not get started on the gift card that was actually a coupon.

Oh Birchbox, c'mon, turn over a new leaf for us in 2016!

No trade necessary :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> just consider it a random act of kindness and pay it forward.

I'm also annoyed with the way they handled the eyeliner/customs debacle. And let's not get started on the gift card that was actually a coupon.

Oh Birchbox, c'mon, turn over a new leaf for us in 2016!
If you really don't mind letting go of it I'd pay the shipping but I really don't know how these types of things work to be honest. Can we use Paypal or something? Maybe in the future I can score an extra of something for you. You should PM a list of brands you like or something. 

I totally thought it was a gift card or that it would at least be like Sephora's where you could still enter promo codes. I was able to get a mystery sample pack with it though. I've still got a second "gift card" that I've yet to use.

This is my first year with BB and I'm underwhelmed compared to ipsy with everything but the points program. 

For anyone who wanted the K-Beauty box it's in the shop under Kits and Samplers. I might have been tempted if I didn't already have a stash of foaming snail toners and spf 80 sunblock from 3b Box. 
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! foaming snail toners <-HA!

Here is a picture of the Arrow kit from Birchbox's website. I signed up to be on the waitlist because I'm curios about this. I don't travel so I don't really need anything that's convenient for traveling but these smaller sizes are cute. If you search for arrow on their website, the individual products part of this kit come up as well. Here is a link to the set in case someone is interested in checking it out. https://www.birchbox.com/shop/arrow-limited-edition-starter-kit

birchbox arrow kit.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy New year everyone!

Has anyone tried the cheat yet? I think it'll work for some if you at least! I saw someone on instagram post their box and it shows mine already (curated, not exciting).

Mine is showing:

- Ciate Mistress Nail Polish

- Foreo Day Cleanser

- Harvey Prince Bailando

- Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner

- Amika Bombshell Blowout Spray

I wonder if it will change. This is crazy early for the cheat link to work.

No cheat for me yet. It just goes to the shop. I would love to try Ciate nail polish. 

Back