January 2016 Birchbox **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot that I 'gifted' myself a sub and my January box loaded a customer favorites box, not the curated box I picked. *sad trombone* I am getting the Eyeko liner, though, so there's that?

I am glad the curated box was in the shop, so I am still getting one, and since it was an actual order, probably before my actual box. Ha!

star wars.jpg

you guys are making me jealous with your working spoilers! I'm doing it right, right? change the 2015/12 to 2016/01 at the end of the URL? 

Also, I saw on FB that we're all getting a sheet of stickers in our boxes this month. Stupid me didn't grab a screenshot, but I'm curious to see if they're any good. I'd rather have chocolate  :lol:

you guys are making me jealous with your working spoilers! I'm doing it right, right? change the 2015/12 to 2016/01 at the end of the URL?

Also, I saw on FB that we're all getting a sheet of stickers in our boxes this month. Stupid me didn't grab a screenshot, but I'm curious to see if they're any good. I'd rather have chocolate :lol:
I changed to 2016/1 and it works on my both accounts.

Bummer, I got the k-beauty curated box and it looks like there are only 6 products to review, not 7 (which was one of the reasons I chose it). Oh well..

My box updated the other day but I haven't had time to post what I'm getting. 

Whish Three Wishes Body Butter- I can always use body lotion. I look forward to seeing what scent I get. Hopefully I'll like it and the tube size will be decent.

Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel- I'm excited to try this! It sounds interesting and I love face masks and treatments!

TONYMOLY Delight Tony Tint- PYS. I like TONYMOLY. I like lip products. However I almost never wear red so this is slightly vexing.  

Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner- There seems to be a lot of different color options for this so hopefully I get to try something bright and fun!

Number 4 Super Comb Prep and Protect- I know the packaging shouldn't really influence if you would or wouldn't buy a product but this just seems so blah. The package is so unappealing and the writing is so small in a store I wouldn't even bother to look at it. That being said I love leave in conditioning products as long as I don't deem them to smell bad. 

Overall I like the layout of this box. Two makeup products, one hair care, one skincare, and one body product. If nothing smells bad and the sizes are decent this will probably be one of the better boxes I've gotten. 

My non-Kbeauty box cheat loaded:

-Embryolisse 24 hour miracle cream (curious to try as I've heard good things)

-derma-E hyaluronic acid serum (yay! my skin responds very well to hyaluronic acid)

-Oribe Dry Texture spray (ew. I hate how dry texture sprays make my hair feel - but this one seems to get really good reviews, so we'll see. I just don't think this is the type of product for me, even though BB loves sending me dry sprays and dry shampoo.)

-eyeko fat eyeliner (happy to finally get this)

-Number 4 Protect and Comb (I received this once before. It didn't seem to be anything special to me, but whatever. It's better than Harvey Prince!)

I'm happy with this box. Three things I'm excited for, only one thing I'm not, and one thing I could take or leave. That's a decent roll of the dice with Birchbox. Between this and the curated box, it's loads better than December's offerings!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Oribe dry spray! It's one of my favorites of all the dry sprays and dry shampoos I've tried. It's about the only one I've used up and repurchased while leaving my other ones collecting dust.

I love the Oribe dry spray! It's one of my favorites of all the dry sprays and dry shampoos I've tried. It's about the only one I've used up and repurchased while leaving my other ones collecting dust.
Does it give hair that "coated" feeling that some dry sprays give? That's what I can't stand about the dry sprays and some dry shampoos I've tried. You know that gritty, textured coating you feel running your tongue over your teeth after drinking a sugary soda? I feel like the dry sprays give me hair equivalent of that - I don't know how else to describe it. (Sorry, I'm gross.)

I'm willing to give the Oribe a try. If there's a very minimal grittiness factor, then I'm all for it!

Does it give hair that "coated" feeling that some dry sprays give? That's what I can't stand about the dry sprays and some dry shampoos I've tried. You know that gritty, textured coating you feel running your tongue over your teeth after drinking a sugary soda? I feel like the dry sprays give me hair equivalent of that - I don't know how else to describe it. (Sorry, I'm gross.)

I'm willing to give the Oribe a try. If there's a very minimal grittiness factor, then I'm all for it!
No, Oribe doesn't do that. It's kid of silky going on but it adds texture. It's almost like a hair spray but ends up also adding texture also. It's also easy to brush out. I find it's a great multitasker. My hair is fine and it doesn't seem to weigh it down.

hurray, my cheat finally loaded! 

Whish Three Whishes Body Butter, FOREO Day Cleanser, Oribe perfume, Eyeko liner, and Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect.

Not too shabby, considering I've hated the last couple months. Lotion samples are always good to stick in my purse and truck, and I really like Number 4 products. I'm not too keen on the cleanser (my skin is picky and only likes Clinique) or the perfume, but I'm *finally* getting the Eyeko. 

I logged onto my mom's account, and she's getting:

Whish Three Whishes, Eyeko liner, Embryolisse, 3-minute Peel, and Beauty Protector spray. I like my box better LOL

Got the curated box on my main and a random box on my second:

- Whish Three Whishes Body Butter

- Mally Beauty Evercolor Shadow Stick

- Ciate Mistress Nail Polish 

- Evelyn Iona Natural/Organic Concealer

- FOREO Night Cleanser

Has anyone ever gotten foundation/concealer in their boxes before, and if so, does Birchbox usually give you the correct shade? I don't remember if there was a question on the profile survey thing about skin tone, but I'm looking at the product's color options and none of them seem to fit me  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone ever gotten foundation/concealer in their boxes before, and if so, does Birchbox usually give you the correct shade? I don't remember if there was a question on the profile survey thing about skin tone, but I'm looking at the product's color options and none of them seem to fit me
I have gotten a Jouer tinted moisturizer and also a Marcelle BB cream, both times the shades worked for me. I don't remember if the skin tone is a question in the profile though.

<p>Im super hoping my cheat code box stays accurate because I love it so much! I chose the eyeko as my sample. The options Birchbox chose are the tony moly lip tint, death valley dry shampoo, amika bombshell blowout spray, and embryolisse moisturizer.</p>

Screenshot_2016-01-05-13-04-20.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my curated box today! The tracking said it'd get here Friday but it was in my mailbox when I got home. Yas!!

I'm super excited to use everything, especially the essence. My only question is wtf a "bubble peeling" us and how to use it!! A bubble peeling MASK? A bubble peeling WASH? I'm going to have to do some research I guess.

I got my curated box today! The tracking said it'd get here Friday but it was in my mailbox when I got home. Yas!!

I'm super excited to use everything, especially the essence. My only question is wtf a "bubble peeling" us and how to use it!! A bubble peeling MASK? A bubble peeling WASH? I'm going to have to do some research I guess.
It's really neat. I think it is like the Peter Thomas Roth oxygen mask. Put it all over your face like a mask and wait. It'll bubble up and then wipe off with a wash cloth.

Wow my box actually loaded early, I usually have to wait til the 10th. It says I'll be getting the Whish Body Butter, I had one of these before and I loved it; Peripera Peri's Tint water which sounds cool to try out; Prescriptives Super Line Filler; Eyeko liner (my PYS); and PARLOR Detangling Leave-In Conditioner, which I'm eager to try out. I'm in dire need of a black liner so the Eyeko is more than welcome right now. 

Latest posts

Back