January 2016 PopSugar Must Have Box *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marie Kondo (of the 'konmari' cleaning method) has a new book coming out on the 5th. I've already preordered it, but it would be a very appropriate item for this month's box.
Ding ding ding you are the winner. Just saw on msa the new book by Marie Kondo spark joy : master class of decluttering and organizing (I think that's the title lol) is in the Jan. Box. Good guess!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh my clutter isn't the problem it's my boyfriends clutter I can't get under control. Does she have a book for getting rid of his stuff?
Omg ... Same Here!! I'm the one that's constantly getting rid of things-- I can't stand clutter. Husband is king of clutter-- maybe I'll gift him the book. If this book gets him to declutter it will be the best PS item I've received to date.. Lol!

I've been doing better with decluttering but then I get back to old habits and I have to do it again. I guess the amount of subs I have don't help :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I'm looking forward to getting this book. I signed up for this box again before my no buy. Kind of defeats the purpose I know but I can't do a no buy with absolutely nothing. I know I'm very weak.  :lol:

I bought one of those last chance deals and I received a tracking email on 12/29 and when I track it it just shows that the label was created. Is this normal for PSMH to keep a package for over a week and not give it to FedEx?

I will read it just to see if she has any ideas that are new.  I am pretty clutter free although my house is not large and 70 years old so storage is at a premium. Over the holidays while I was off work I pulled out the bin I keep under my bed and sorted EVERY single thing from sub boxes either keep/donate/trash put them into labeled ziploc bags (ie: face primer) and donated a huge box of stuff to the local women's shelter.  It felt so good to pass along things to people who would appreciate them and to make sense of the jumble that was under the bed.  

Planner or calendar?  Detox tea or another mask like the one from last year?  Exercise stuff?  Drawer dividers or cord ties or a label maker or other organizational gear to go with the book?  Renewal........I'm stumped if it's anything other than skincare.

Inspirations are new year, renewal, organization, detox... Any guesses ladies
I'm slightly afraid of the word detox, that suggests a cleanse to me. I don't really want some funky juice or broth spilling all over my box, but a new detoxing cleanser for my face/body would be cool.

A planner kinda encompasses new year and organization. Organization is also the book topic.

Renewal was the "inspiration" for the March 2015 box. Which was the box of the the infamous hot pink pineapple plastic pouch (how's that for alliteration?) That was also the diffuser, benefit mini's, mini wet brush, what to pack pad and the bliss microdermabrasion cleanser scrub.

So I guess all I've come up with is a new facial cleanser or body wash. Let's hope it's not dial!

Organization has to be the book. A detox cleanser or tea would be great. The book does not spark my joy but we'll see as always when I get it

As long as it's not a Goop-style cleanse.  I have to get up in the mornings and go to work ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I notice how the detox page on the goop site says to drink lemon water and tea the first two hours of the day then breakfast an hour later. I'd be the most hateful person if I didn't have anything in my stomach for 3 hours after getting up. 

Sometimes I can get up and get to the gym on Saturday mornings and working out distracts me from hunger for a couple hours, but I immediately get food after, like a huge veggie omelette and plate of bacon.

Ha! I'm not cut out for cleanses.  

I'm not cut out for cleanses either. I get extremely grumpy if I don't get food. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I never miss a meal. When I was a teenager, I tried a cleanse once against my mom's wishes and it didn't end well. I ended up doing it for a day and I've never done it since. More power to the people who can do it. I love food too much so I'm out. :lol:

Back