Julep August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting the colors! I still can't see them on my account, it says the monthly reveal is closed...but I guess it opens today! Nice colors this month!

Never mind...I figured it out...

Last edited by a moderator:
How much jules does it cost to get a customized box? I don't want to switch to that, but I'm also kind of tempted. Also, anyone know if you can use the referral money on monthly boxes or only on the store?
I thought anyone could customize their box?  Or is that the trade off for not being able to skip a month?  It seems like I had read somewhere though, that option was available to everyone.  Not sure, I am new!

My window is open as of 8:30 a.m. EDT - insomnia FTW!

(Edit:  Am I missing something or is taking Happy Mani-versary or Beauty Trailblazers the only way to get Queen Anne?  I don't see it as an add-on, even with the polish upgrade.  I'm on the $19.99 regular Maven plan - not the "My Maven" or "Maven Luxe" plans.)

My window is open as of 8:30 a.m. EDT - insomnia FTW!

(Edit:  Am I missing something or is taking Happy Mani-versary or Beauty Trailblazers the only way to get Queen Anne?  I don't see it as an add-on, even with the polish upgrade.  I'm on the $19.99 regular Maven plan - not the "My Maven" or "Maven Luxe" plans.)
Looks like it. Too bad, it would have been a popular add on.

Also, they moved the skip button again, it's in the drop down menu where it asks you where you want your box sent, just a heads up.

Looks like it. Too bad, it would have been a popular add on.

Also, they moved the skip button again, it's in the drop down menu where it asks you where you want your box sent, just a heads up.
I can't decide if it's a good financial decision or bad one.

Would customers be more inclined to buy one of the boxes now - gaining access to the secret store - where they might add Queen Anne for full price along with the August birthstone polish?

Or is Julep potentially losing $6.99 as an add-on item for every person that would take a box / want Queen Anne during this selection window?

Seems a big gamble for one side in either scenario.  I think I overthink them - it makes my brain hurt.

I had a hard time deciding this month. I liked quite a few of the polishes! I ended up going with The bombshell box, which has Neha and Tazeen and I chose the smoky taupe liner. And then I added on waleska. Really wanted to add on joyce as well as Sushmita, too, but I had to reel myself in. 

I'm going to skip this month. The colors are pretty, but I have dupes of most of the ones that I want, and for the others it seems like it's better to just wait for a sale or a promotion to pick them up.

I'm baffled by not including Queen Anne in the add-ons. They should have just used both options .. the sets and the single add-on. Well, they are loosing 6.99 with me and making it more likely that I'll skip.

For now, I have India, Katie and Kirti as my box, but I still think that $20 for 3 polishes is a bit too much .. especially since I'm not sure if Kirti is too much like Marjorie. It looks like a lovely Indian Summer Orange, but who knows?

So, I might end up skipping and wait for a better deal on Katie & India.

It's a lovely collection, but I also have too many similar colors to most of them (not surprisingly).

ummm what the crap. I've been a julep member for over two years and my option to skip is no longer available. did the button move somewhere??

I went with Happy Mani-versary and added on Tazeen. I definitely want to pick up Katie later.

For those who got the 3 months for $16 deal, check your Jules! I had 1,000 somehow? So I got a free add on.

For the first time in a long time I am definitely taking a box.  The only struggle is deciding which one.  I'd like to do the ultimate upgrade but $75 is not in the cards this month so I need to make a decision...

I am so glad they added skip to mobile! Of course it's a month I'm not skipping though. I have enough points for free box and will finally cash them in

The taupe eyeliner looks ok (relieved we get to choose), I love the magenta silk finish add on, now to choose a box...

Dear Julep,

"I wish I knew how to quit you."

Love,

-Me
No kidding, I saw this collection and went YES!!!!!!! ALL MINE!!!!!!!!  Seriously going to pull the trigger and do a polish upgrade I think....  These are all the colors & finishes I love! :wub: :wub:    I do have a lot of colors that may be similar, but I'm going on the theory (hope) that the different finishes will keep them looking different enough to justify getting them.  Sooooo Pretty!!!!!!  August is my birthday month anyway, so yeah- total justification rt there. lol  Oooh, and they'll be a pretty peridot birthstone polish coming out soon too!!  YAY! 

Actually going to add on the smokey plum eyeliner too- with all the zillion of eyeliners I own, I surprisingly don't have one that color...  into the cart with you pencil!  I like the eyes all aglow ones, they go on great & last well on me.

Only thing Im mad about is why the heck is Queen Anne not available as an add-on?????  :grabby hands:  WANT.  If you're going to a do a full polish or ultimate upgrade & spend that kind of cash, Julep should have freaken included it at least!!  grrrr, I hope she shows up in the secret store maybe?

OMG I love all the colours! I gave been waiting for a blue like India forever.

Upgrade + taupe eyeliner! (Although I agree that the plain-jane colour eyeliners don't seem to jive with the theme...)

The skip option looks like this on the desktop this month:

Then you scroll down and find the teeny tiny aqua blue SKIP text *next to* the big easy-to-automatically-click purple DON'T SKIP button:

ETA:  I came close to getting the Maniversary set (because I kind of do want all of the basics in there) and adding on Tasmeen -- and then I noticed that Tasmeen is a *gold*, not a lime green as I had originally thought.  Skipped.  As long as the put pink/red/orange as two of the three colors in It Girl, I'm taking that as a sign that they are uninterested in being creative, so I am uninterested in giving them my money.

Latest posts

Back