Julep August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you go into your orders your August order is already loaded. I got all the others from the Julep Swap Facebook group. Also colors were spoiled early again, they're not cremes! Give me a minute to post, I'm only on my phone ATM

How much jules does it cost to get a customized box? I don't want to switch to that, but I'm also kind of tempted. Also, anyone know if you can use the referral money on monthly boxes or only on the store?

I'm actually excited about this collection- no cremes- WOO HOO!! I'm wondering about the speckly add on- loving the lime green shimmer!! I'm totally hating on the eye liner though - BOOOORING!!

I like Katie and Avni. Tammi also looks interested. I am not super excited about the box this month, especially not about the eye gliders. Maybe I'll take 3 polishes. Also, Queen Anne is very pretty and would make a really appropriate b-day gift for my sister-in-law, Anne. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sigh....not even one polish I like. Oh, well, if the eye shadows aren't interesting, it's a skip month for me.

I'm more interested than I was before, but I still can see repeat colors. I'd much rather get them with a sale code later and skip the dumb eyeliner.

Bummer.  I like that bonkers lime green metallic, and I like the concept of their anniversary color being named Queen Anne (I used to live a few blocks from the Space Needle at the base of Queen Anne Hill), but I don't like the anniversary color itself, and the rest of the collection aside from that one green seems like shimmery versions of their standard colors, which I find boring even though they're not creams.  I definitely don't feel guilty about that Rainbow Honey order now.

I love the finishes, but I dont know about the colors .. I'll probably skip and see if I can pick some on sale later. It seems like the maven boxes are only a good deal compared to other sale events or coupons if you get the product. And I have enough eyeliners for the rest of my life .. especially those standard colors. Green or turquoise or bright pink etc would have been intriguing ...

Polish names for this month:

Boho Glam - India, Waleska, brown eye glider

Bombshell - Tazeen, Neha, plum eye glider

CWaT - Katie, Avni, black eye glider

It Girl - Kirti, Joyce, Tammi

Indian Summer theme?
Ah--I have been waiting for a Katie to be released forever! But it's in a box with the black eye glider...boo! Can't wait to see what color it is!
Edit: Finished reading the thread and I really like this month's colors! I will probably take a box but don't know which one since I really want to avoid add ons since the price increase and I don't want a customizable box. Although I really like Queen Anne...

I'm excited about this month! I'm glad they aren't all cremes!

Last edited by a moderator:
So us grandmothered mavens can't pick the color of eye liner huh? I hope that's not the case but if it is... I will probably skip again. But I love the blue polish. Sooo shiny...

Eyeliner and mascara are the only eye products I use (not an eyeshadow kind of girl), so I'm a little interested. I mainly hope they aren't as smudgy on me as the Kajal Eye Glider because that went HORRIBLY. When college was in session, I'd be on campus from 9:30 to 6:30 some days and the eye glider I put on at 9 would be horribly smudged by the time my first class ended around noon. I was expecting way more from it than less than three hours' wear. I guess it couldn't handle the South Florida heat.

Julep's Eyes All Aglow set is one of my favorite things for the colors and the quality (far less smudgy than Kajal), so if these new eyeliners are closer to those, I'll be happy. <3 If only the color variety were more like Eyes All Aglow. I've gotten so much use out of the teal one in every season.
I believe Julep said in a response on Facebook, that these eyeliners this month were the same as the Eyes All Aglow version--just new colors.  

Hmm, I like all the colors except the dark purple one, and I don't like the add on featured colors so far.  

I think I have enough dupes that I could get away with getting just the It-Girl box, plus India add on, and be happy.  I don't really want their eyeliner, the only color I like is the taupe shimmer, which is basically the same as UD's Mushroom, which I have already.  Now if they'd have done a deep green-bronze khaki color I'd have been all over that.  

I LOVE the Waleska color, but I have the same color by Spa Ritual.  It takes several coats to be opaque though, so a coat layered over India would probably work great.  I'm afraid Waleska would stain my nails too much, based on past green/blue shimmer colors they've had.  

http://thecherryparthenon.weebly.com/blog/august-wanderlust-collection-from-julep

August spoilers with colors, not my blog, but I also have them posted on mine.
Thanks for sharing  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm loving Katie, but I think that's all I really want.  I'm going to take another look tomorrow and see how I feel.  The first month customization was offered (June box) I was able to swap in select polish/products from previous collections, but last month (July box) I was only able to swap in from the current collection.  I'd love more swapping opportunities outside of the current collection.  I think a lot of the August polishes are very pretty but just not colors I personally wear.

I'm curious to see what else besides the eyeliner will be in Modern Beauty, I think I heard (may be from this thread) that it's eye shadow.  Totally not what I need but if the colors are right I might pick that box and swap out the eyeliner for Katie.

From the swatch, I feel like Princess Anne looks like Cameron.

I'm quite excited about this month  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

EDIT: Typos.

I'm more interested than I was before, but I still can see repeat colors. I'd much rather get them with a sale code later and skip the dumb eyeliner.
I agree, the one i liked the most was Queen Anne but ill just wait for a sale.

Back