Julep: January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's very true. I really do think that instead of stickers send out mini blank "spoons" like how Zoya has pre-painted spoons. It's more money to have swatch sticks made but it shouldn't be that much if I can get a set of 50 swatchicle from China sent to me for $3 (6 cents each) then having something like a mini swatchicle should be inexpensive.

The only good thing about the swatch me stickers that I do like is as someone mentioned you can paint the top and not have to dig through to figure out which is which. I store all my Julep bottles in clear shoe boxes so it's a pain to pull the one I want out (I think I have over 60 Julep polishes now) so the Swatch Me stickers can help with that,
Agreed. The stickers lend themselves better to organization versus swatching. If I'm looking at a swatch, I want to hold it over my nail to get a better idea if I'm in the mood for that color or not.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I like that Julep tries to be innovative and create more fun products than just nails. And I LOVE Madison. I think she is adorable.
Madison was adorable!  I kept watching her and thinking "I'd be worn out if I was her mom", though. 

Thanks for the find zadi! I guess the theme is VACATION  YOU TAKE IN JANUARY TO GET AWAY FROM ALL THE SNOW. Absolutely zero of those colours appeal to me at all. Definitely a skip for me.

Eh, definitely a skip month for me. 

American Beauty​
 ​
Boho Glam​
 ​
 ​
Bombshell​
Classic With A Twist​
 ​
It Girl​
 ​
Nail Wardrobe​

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Madison was adorable!  I kept watching her and thinking "I'd be worn out if I was her mom", though. 
She has sooooo many cute videos, lol. "This brush is by sigma..its my favorite!!!!" 

I really want a maven's choice of all neon: pink, purple and green. 

I wish itgirl stopped having so many yellow colors. I guess it depends on the swatches, but the yellow and orange look really similar. 

Also if Grace is pretty, I will add that one one, just because it's my namesake. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am so not the nude nail wearer, basically opposite. 

I think *might* go with boho glam. I only really want Amelia and Teresa but I am a sucker for lime green....

I really want a maven's choice of all neon: pink, purple and green. 

I wish itgirl stopped having so many yellow colors. I guess it depends on the swatches, but the yellow and orange look really similar. 

Also if Grace is pretty, I will add that one one, just because it's my namesake. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was just thinking about these colors and I just realized I already have some similar ones (Sally Hansen Insta-dri)

So out of all the colors I only want 3 Nina, Teresa, and Amelia. Since I already some neons I may pass but I am hoping for a maven's choice box that has Teresa and Amelia.

Definitely going to be skipping.... These colors just aren't very unique. Well, I was needing to curb my spending this month anyway. This made it easy.

Skipped. I want the cuticle stick but none of the colors. I'm sure it'll pop up in a mystery box or something soon. 

I skipped since nudes nor neons appeal to me. And since I bought the Mystery Box and told myself that I was going to skip January's Box if I got the box.. Okay, so I don't get secret store access this month, boo. But I should curtail the spending in January and I'll be getting my first Square Hue box then as well.

I really wish you could check off more than one reason why you're skipping. I would have checked off both nudes and neons in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And Im the opposite Im so not that light bright neon wearer Im a sucker for nudes but i might be skipping b/c all i want is the nudes and they dont come together:(

I like nudes, but those nudes literally all look the same. No imagination. : There's a huge difference between say, OPI's Cosmo-not Tonight Honey and Essie's Ballet Slippers. I also really really don't care for neons. I have one set, as a gift, and that's enough to last me forever.

If they are going to a Maven's choice (undoubtedly this month) they might as well do two: the nudes lovers and the neon lovers set. This was really not well-thought out in general. They thought they could get more people by including one of each since if they did just neons or just nudes people would skip... it seems more like people don't want the boxes because they'd only want one colour out of the two.

I really wanted to add on Blake and Taylor - both so nice! But, they come in two separate add on sets, so I would have to add on both sets?!?! That's ridiculous. I wish they were available separately as add ons. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Now I'm not sure if I even want a box this month or not. I love both nudes and neons and think it's a great idea, but I can't find a box where I like BOTH the nude and the neon. When I like the neon, I hate the nude, and vice versa!!!

Now, if only this was my only problem today......haha!

Any idea on whether they will do a Maven's Choice this month?

Back