Julep: January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lauradiniwilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Julep sucked me in early on - the very first box after my penny box was a golden box.  The golden box, mystery boxes, referral program, and the fact that I feel like Julep really listens to the customers all keep me hooked.  Usually the monthly collections are pretty great.  SInce May, there have only been 2 collections I wasn't totally happy with (this one and the Trina Turk).  The products are very good quality, but there is no way I'd pay for them full price.  The maven program / add-ons / mystery boxes, etc all make the overpriced stuff more affordable.  Stick around, there are tons of great deals!
THIS. I posted about wanting to know the ingredients in the foot scrub, since they often use almond oil in stuff, and they added it to the blog and messaged me to tell me the ingredients. They listen to feedback. It's lovely. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish Maven's Choice was actually the ability to pick two + the other item or three polishes of the polishes available.
 Me as well, there seems to always be one shade I don't like with one that I LOVE! Switched to It Girl this month since it had 2 of the 3 I really liked, and it was the only nude that I could stomach. Now I am debating myself about adding on the other color while I wait for my mystery box to arrive ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ended up switching profiles again this month. I'm boho glam, but I hate lime green nail polish. So I changed to the one with Mindy and Bethany and then did Amelia as the add one.

I'm kind of bummed that I didn't buy all the glitters last month though! Those were my favorites so far this year.

I was going to pick boho glam and add three add on's but if i were to use my Jules it said i would have to use them to cover the add on's as well. I really hate that!! I would rather keep using my jules for the box and then pay 4.99 per polish because 750 jules is outrageous! So i just went for the entire nail wardrobe and am paying out of pocket for the whole box. I love nudes and i LOVE neon's, so it was tough, but i am really beginning to hate this new system. I also like the item of the stickers. I know they aren't the same as a nail wheel or how they look on the finger but i have quite a collection of julep and seeing the colors even at the top of the bottle as a swatch would be such a help. I wish there January collection was a little more January and not so summer escape, but since i love the colors and miss the neon explosion of 2008 i guess overall I'm OK with this months box.

Originally Posted by Nikki Apostolou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Speaking of Julep in January, they will be in the Winter-Spring 2013 Test Tube.
which one the qvc or regular?

QVC.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Check the Test Tube group for info.
yes, I totally forgot it had been moved from Subscriptions and Samples into its own thing, I thought it got cancelled or delayed or something since I hadn't been seeing much.

I've officially skipped my first ever month :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hate nude polish, and hate the finish of Neons (and own the entire china glaze collection of neons from a couple years back)

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Mystery box will definitely be my box for the month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I skipped.  I ended up getting three Zoya polishes at Ulta for $11 in colors I preferred more, and I just couldn't get excited about any of the Julep boxes this month.

I signed up for Julep just for one month, I told myself.  Now I am officially hooked! I actually love the It Girl box, as I don't have any colors like it in my collection.  My fingers are crossed for a Golden Box!  Does anyone know the chances?  And how does one get to the Mystery Shop?  I apologize if there's already a thread specifically designed for my questions. :)  Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!

Not to be a downer, but the odds don't seem that great to me. I've been subbing for an entire year and never, ever gotten a golden box. Not even when I had two different box subs at once. =(

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://www.julep.com/shop/january-special-offer-sets.html

Julep just sent an email with another three offerings... anyone'd rather bite the bullet on this one? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I really do like the fact that they're offering alternate sets, but I don't do nudes, have things very similar to the blues and pink, and swear by Zoya's remover. The alternate sets just aren't for me this month.

I love Julep but sadly I needed to cut costs and say bye-bye to my subs.  I originally just skipped the month and I thought to myself, "I can keep skipping but the temptation will still be there."  I'll just get polishes every now and then when I really like a color.

Back