Julep: January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol for all of us who are too lazy to keep looking on their website

What's Eileen though? Is that one of the nudes in the addon store not in the rest of the store?

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol for all of us who are too lazy to keep looking on their website

What's Eileen though? Is that one of the nudes in the addon store not in the rest of the store?
Eileen is the white polish from the Trina Turk Collection.

Yup, it's a skippity month for me. I rarely wear nudes, and the ones I already have are plenty. And I'm mot a huge fan of neons, especially when they're creams. And I was charged for Square Hue last night, which makes it easier to pass on Julep for some reason.

Ok yeah i skipped I just dont want colors either i wont use or use sparingly i want to be in love w/ evry single color not just tolerate it...lol

I'm really happy to see them do some opaque nudes. And a shimmery opaque nude, which is my HG color. So, I am giving them the green light on Boho Glam. The neon green is not something I see myself wearing a lot, but I do love the color. Their swatches could be so much better, IMO. I can't really see how opaque they are or what the finishes look like.

I changed from classic with a twist to american beauty and added on maddison. Some of those nudes really look like NOTHING nudes haha. seems like a waste if you can't even tell there is anything at all on there!

Theresa is my favorite of the nudes, and it happens to be paired with Fiona which is my least favorite of the neons.  lol somehow this always seems to happen to me with Julep! 

I'll probably (maybe, who knows) stick with Boho Glam, as I don't have a green like that.  I did not jump on the neons bandwagon this past spring, so have very few.

On the other hand, I already have a couple of solid lotion sticks, so maybe I'll skip.

So I signed up for a Julep starter box for only 1 cent. I have to add an add-on item to get free shipping. I chose the boho box and the Eva polish. I think that is an awesome deal. 3 polishes and a cuticle oil for only $5! I don't see myself sticking around though. $20 for only two polishes and some sort of extra just doesn't seem worth it to me. Especially with the reviews I've seen for the polishes. Seems like I could just go out and buy myself two essie, OPI, etc. polishes in any color I want for cheaper than that, especially with all the deals and coupons they have at Ulta.

Am I missing something? What keeps you ladies buying a box every month? Do you think it's worth it? Are there usually any deals like the one I got for existing members?

Also is there a limit to the number of months you can skip while still remaining a member?

I'm gonna skip too, I like nudes, but not these and the neon ones...well I have all those colors too most from Sally Hansen like zorabell, so I guess this month is not for me, I got last month's wardrobe either way so I knew I had to skip, this just made it easier.

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I missing something? What keeps you ladies buying a box every month? Do you think it's worth it? Are there usually any deals like the one I got for existing members?

Also is there a limit to the number of months you can skip while still remaining a member?
First question: The Jules system really helps keep me around.  For instance, in November they gave those of us that received boxes 900, as opposed to the usual 300, and they give you 200 on your birthday.  I'm sure there are more bonus opportunities throughout the year.  2000 Jules equals a free box one month, so really it's like each box is $17 (or less) instead of $20.  Also, sometimes the mystery store has amazing deals, and you have to buy the box that month to access it.  Lastly, the whole golden box thing: they randomly pick people to get a massive bonus box each month. 

Second question: nope :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by WanderlustinWA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First question: The Jules system really helps keep me around.  For instance, in November they gave those of us that received boxes 900, as opposed to the usual 300, and they give you 200 on your birthday.  I'm sure there are more bonus opportunities throughout the year.  2000 Jules equals a free box one month, so really it's like each box is $17 (or less) instead of $20.  Also, sometimes the mystery store has amazing deals, and you have to buy the box that month to access it.  Lastly, the whole golden box thing: they randomly pick people to get a massive bonus box each month. 

Second question: nope :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Not to mention free shipping on things like mystery boxes, which are great deals too. Plus I love the non nail polish products they always offer. 

Oh and just kind of an add on to your answer to the second q: while there is no technical limit, Julep can cancel your membership if they want to.

skipped! You know they'll do a Maven's choice box, since I bet a lot of people are skipping. Odds are that the box will have just neons, if they're smart...

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

skipped! You know they'll do a Maven's choice box, since I bet a lot of people are skipping. Odds are that the box will have just neons, if they're smart...
The maven's choice is literally that -- a box full of the things their subscribers voted most for. That's not an issue of "smart" or not. It's literally just giving the people a box they asked for.

Well if they were doing a Maven's Choice box I'd think they'd have the poll up already..... if they were to post it, say, tomorrow, that only gives people two days to select it, and that's not factoring in everyone being busy with the holiday.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The maven's choice is literally that -- a box full of the things their subscribers voted most for. That's not an issue of "smart" or not. It's literally just giving the people a box they asked for.
Well that makes sense then! You guys clearly pay more attention than I do. 

I wish Maven's Choice was actually the ability to pick two + the other item or three polishes of the polishes available.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish Maven's Choice was actually the ability to pick two + the other item or three polishes of the polishes available.
Me too!!

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Julep sucked me in early on - the very first box after my penny box was a golden box.  The golden box, mystery boxes, referral program, and the fact that I feel like Julep really listens to the customers all keep me hooked.  Usually the monthly collections are pretty great.  SInce May, there have only been 2 collections I wasn't totally happy with (this one and the Trina Turk).  The products are very good quality, but there is no way I'd pay for them full price.  The maven program / add-ons / mystery boxes, etc all make the overpriced stuff more affordable.  Stick around, there are tons of great deals!

Back